Deadline Options?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Jonathan_Vilma, Oct 16, 2023.

1. barfolomew

barfolomew Well-Known Member

it's oline without a doubt, we have practice squad guys in the trenches. WR's are just underperforming. Botht he QB and WR's will do better with an upgraded Oline

2. cval

cval Well-Known Member

I am not sure what we can to improve the o-line this season.

3. barfolomew

barfolomew Well-Known Member

True I'm not sure there are options at O-line, but if there are any we need to pursue them hotly.

4. IDFjet

IDFjet Well-Known Member

No reason to not trade for Joshua Dobbs today--he's basically on a minimum contract and obviously better than the 2 we got backing up ZW. Should be able to get him with a 6th/7th swap.

5. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

Is Adams going to be any less frustrated here this season even with Rodgers cheerleading?

He has every right to be pissed because the head coach is a jerk off but the guy does look like he’s just jogging around.

6. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

He at least knows there's help coming next year. In Vegas he has absolutely no hope for a bright future. I think it's easier to eat shit for a few months here than there because it only leads to more shit eating there.

7. dawinner127

dawinner127 Well-Known Member

I don't really feel bad for Adams for picking LV. He didn't have to take the money and end up in purgatory. Also doesn't help he went there for DC and he got released.

Saw Darnell Mooneys name pop up? Would that interest anyone?

8. BroadwayAaron

Mooney is definitely interesting but he's a FA after this year. Can't see us giving up anything for a one year rental considering this year means squat.

9. dawinner127

10. GasedAndConfused

GasedAndConfused Well-Known Member

were 4-3 and in the hunt. this year does have meaning still. a pick swap like we did for hardman could be possible making it essentially hardman for mooney. with that said, not really sure it's anything more then a lateral move at that point

11. BroadwayAaron

Mooney would be our second best receiver, sadly. If we can get him for cheap then I'm all for it. I know this year has meaning but we need to be realistic. Should we be putting resources into trying to "win" this year or focus on next year and built the best team possible in 2024? You can do both but Mooney isn't that unless we're giving him a new contract as well.

12. GasedAndConfused

disagree with that. he'd be our 3rd best. lazard overall is better and a better system fit. mooney isn't big, or a good route runner. he's pretty reliable hands guy but really just a speedster. not much different then hardman although he is probably a little better then hardman. considering hardman was getting so few snaps not really sure it's worth it

13. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

it was weird, I couldn't see your image until I tried to reply to you.

but if Devante Adams goes to KC we are all screwed lol

14. BrowningNagle

I'm down for Mooney, he is a needed option in the passing game. I would much rather have him than Renfrow

15. GasedAndConfused

i'd rather have renfrow. he's a reliable chain mover. mooney is just a speedster. we really aren't throwing downfield and when we do we have gipson and taylor for that. a guy who can convert 3rd downs into 1st downs is more important

16. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

Yet for the second straight year the Bears make a puzzling trade, acquiring free agent to be Montez Sweat for a second round pick while they’re at 2-6. They also dealt All-Pro linebacker Roquon Smith last year because they didn’t want to pay him?

Mooney would be good but the Bears are a strange franchise to figure out.

NYJalltheway and BrowningNagle like this.
  17. dawinner127

The thing about that trade is now Sweat has the Bears by the balls. They just gave up a high valued pick for him so he can ask for the moon. His negotiations start at 4/100 -- right what Gary got yesterday

18. BrowningNagle

renfrow is way more expensive, less athletic and he would not be a reliable chain mover here.

mooney helps open the offense because he can play slot or outside

NYJalltheway likes this.
  19. GasedAndConfused

renfrow would be about 3.8mil for the rest of the year. next year would be about 11mil which could be released with no penalty or restructured. mooney is about 1.8mil for the rest of the year so about a 2mil difference. I wouldn't call that way more expensive
    antonio brown was less athletic then like half the WRs in the NFL and yet was the top one for years. adams isn't that atheltic either. neither was edelman. but they were all excellent route runners. renfrow gets open much better then mooney which is what we need more.

20. cval

cval Well-Known Member

Vikings

IDFjet likes this.