Deadline Options?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Jonathan_Vilma, Oct 16, 2023.

1. Mehl-56

Mehl-56 Well-Known Member

Doesn't matter who is running routes - there is no one to block up front right now - need to be looking at the O Line first. Not that it matters, ZW would take a sack against air...

barfolomew and cval like this.
  2. nevbeats319

nevbeats319 Well-Known Member

Every single team in the NFL has injuries or holes on the OLINE. Nobody is trading away one, not even depth guys.

3. Kryoptix

Kryoptix Well-Known Member

That offensive line stink ass, we cannot win without improvement even if we have an healthy Arod.

barfolomew and Borat like this.
  4. nevbeats319

Please put the team down who has 5 above average starters across left to right and healthy.

Scheme is everything

5. nevbeats319

The dolphins online is completely decimated by injuries and weren’t good to begin with. They are on their 3rd LT, backup center, both guards are hurt. They make it work

barfolomew, bigbucks24 and KingRoach like this.
  6. Borat

Borat Well-Known Member

Yeah, which is why it probably made sense to get quality players who are not injury prone in the offseason, like with the 1st round pick, but here we are - probably we will need to get someone off someone else's practice squad. I doubt we can actually trade for one. But WRs might actually be available, and we need someone else who can separate, particularly after giving away Hardman for nothing, who perhaps could have helped. Saleh was saying how Gipson was the reason for getting rid of Hardman, well, Gipson sucked at WR so far, even worse than Cobb.

Even on rare occasion when OLine holds up for a little bit, it's hard to find open guys. If trade deadline comes and goes without improving, IMO JD has failed to do his job. I think he will do something though, can't let this season get wasted.

7. Kryoptix

Our best asset to improve the offensive line was the 1st round pick but we wasted it in position we have the most depth.

barfolomew and BrowningNagle like this.
  8. NOVAJET

NOVAJET "2020 TGG Fantasy Football Champ"

Not hating but curious, who is this player that was available at our draft position?

barfolomew likes this.
  9. york61

york61 Well-Known Member

I think OL should be our priority. I know we need another WR but the OL is depleted and with the two new injuries that has to be the priority. As for WR I don't know why they don't give Brownlee more of a shot. I just don't think there are any decent WRs out there especially with all the teams bunched up there will not be many sellers.

barfolomew likes this.
  10. nevbeats319

. The eagles have the deepest front and they used TWO first round picks again.

what o-lineman did you want? The next oline man picked was anton harrison at 28. The jets used their 2nd on a Tippman, what are you talking about..

11. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

Shit maybe we shoulda taken Will Levis with the 1st round pick. He looked amazing yesterday. 4 touchdown passes… that’s half a season for Zach Wilson, literally

McDonald had a nice “almost block” on a field goal attempt though and he looks good in his uniform. Glad he saw the field, what a beautiful draft pick

12. Kryoptix

Anything to improve the team if nothing is worth it then trade the pick for immediate help or trade it away for later picks. The offensive line has been a huge issue since Joe Douglas has been in charge and it is getting worse and worse every single season, ZW has many issue but I do believe the offensive line has been even worse than him which is something... Just excuses from everybody around here. You have a 1st round asset make sure you get something to fix the team, Tippman was a nice start but just the tip of the iceberg sadly. The problem is deeper and required more depth and quality.

#132 Kryoptix, Oct 31, 2023
    Last edited: Oct 31, 2023
  13. Kryoptix

I said asset, I never mentioned player, get multiple 2nd round picks or immediate help, basically do your fucking job of improving that dreadful offensive line.

14. Jets79

Jets79 Well-Known Member

Adams looks SO frustrated out there…I get he’s a pipe dream, but that team is in disarray … worth a phone call?

BrowningNagle and dawinner127 like this.
  15. dawinner127

dawinner127 Well-Known Member

I’m all in. Not even a question. They need someone else who can beat cover 1 or 0 outside of GW or else we are going to see a lot more games like Sunday or the pats games over the last 3 years.

16. IDFjet

IDFjet Well-Known Member

The problem is he costs so much and hes useless to us this year as ZW will find him as often as Jimmy G did last night. With Aaron of course he's worth mortgaging your house.

17. cval

cval Well-Known Member

Arod is not coming back to play behind this O-Line. As of today the rehab just took a step back. :)

18. dawinner127

dawinner127 Well-Known Member

I have no idea what it would cost. I wouldn't touch the 2024 pick because that's going to be needed to help the OL, but I would not hesitate using 2025 picks if needed.

cval likes this.
  19. nevbeats319

ok well there wasn’t a trade until pick 25. Nobody probably wanted to trade to 15, so again. Name the team that doesn’t have holes or injuries on the O-Line

20. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

I have an overwhelming feeling that we are standing pat outside of trading Lawson. Partially no fault of Joe Douglas… There aren’t exactly offensive lineman out on the market to be had. But also because I think our staff in front office are stubborn to a fault when it comes to “systems“. I think that as long as they have their guys then the system will work and it’s just a matter of getting everyone up to speed. I could also see them saying well we aren’t going to trade for a one year rental (Renfrow or Evans unless you’re giving them new deals) because what does this year matter? Keep the picks and make next years team better when Rodgers is back.

barfolomew likes this.