2023 - Week 8: New York Jets at New York Giants

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Brook!, Oct 15, 2023.

?

Who will win?

Poll closed Oct 29, 2023.
  1. Jets

85.7%
  2. Giants

14.3%
  1. dawinner127

dawinner127 Well-Known Member

We really should be having the same conversation about Saleh in regards to the QB honestly. We are one zach injury away from doing the same thing they are.

2. IDFjet

IDFjet Well-Known Member

I'm not so sure about that--in fact, I expect Boyle will signficantly outperform ZW given his better grasp of the field and Hackett's system. He will have the bad interceptions due to his lack of play, but he'll also lead us to some TD's.

Its not his lack of competence that's keeping him on bench--its something else IMO.

Only way we will find out is if ZW gets Tyrod'd apparently.

3. dawinner127

His 145 yards/game with 3 TD 8 INT will really do us wonders. We would be in a very similar situation as yesterday if zach gets hurt. it's insane.

SackRecord99 likes this.
  4. IDFjet

IDFjet Well-Known Member

You can keep on saying that but guys work out and get better--why think that before giving him a chance? This thought process would have benched Purdy indefinitely.

5. IDFjet

IDFjet Well-Known Member

Also, I don't agree with Daboll strategy--he was going to lose big with that strategy against any team with a real NFL QB--he should have let Vito get some throws in.

I've seen crazy shit like the Chicago QB be effective--this fear of losing so one doesn't even take a chance to win is a bad strategy

6. Unhappyjetsfan

Unhappyjetsfan Well-Known Member

Trump on election night in 2020. The NYT election meter had him at 99% at 2 AM.

7. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

Tim Boyle is awful. Whatever version of shit you want to label Zach… Boyle is worse. If he sees the field we’re in trouble. I’d sooner call up Siemian.

SackRecord99 likes this.
  8. IDFjet

IDFjet Well-Known Member

I just don't see how you guys can be so sure of this without giving him an opportunity. In preseason he looked better than ZW and people were saying thats because he knows the offensive system--well, dammit--thats what we want right? How muc worse could he be? You could always put ZW back in--why roll with a sure loser?

9. jetophile

jetophile Bruce Coslet's Daughter

https://m.youtube.com/watch?si=CMg02f3CVXi4zkVL&v=q2JhPE6frtw&feature=youtu.be

"The Jets had a Customer Service Representative playing Center, and for all that bullshit, we had a chance at the bitter end of regulation to win it, Jesus fckn Christ." Hahaha, well earth the watch.

There is no chest-thumping in this house today, believe it. It's not even as if i'm basking in the afterglow, I'm just walking around in shock over the kind of bullet the Jets dodged. The Jets D held the Giants to -9 passing yards, they had some kid from Home Depot at QB, and the Jets STILL almost lost. Let's just wrap our collective heads around that if we can.

Don't get me wrong, I'm ecstatic; but there are no "bragging rights" to be had here to be clear. This is like by some miracle you try to avoid hitting a deer, you don't crash, you don't total your car, you don't get hurt, all is good and you go, "Holeee Fck!" Symbolically, of course.

10. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

If “he looked good in preseason against guys who are currently bagging groceries” is the qualifier then we should get Brett Ratliff on the horn.

Jets69 likes this.
  11. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

To be fair to Daboll, they almost won with that strategy and realistically should’ve won with that strategy of their defensive end doesn’t jump off sides or the refs don’t get generous and let us spot the ball ourselves at the end of the game to get 1 second left on the clock.

BrowningNagle likes this.
  12. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

good points, or if the kicker makes an easy field goal as well.

13. Brook!

Brook! Soft Admin...2018 Friendliest Member Award Winner

I told this before in this thread but nobody even thanked me. You know why Jets won after all that 99% loss prediction? Because Brook! betting curse is real!!!!

14. dawinner127

Geoff Schwartz has been defending the the spotting call for a few hours now.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Ralebird, HomeoftheJets and IDFjet like this.
  15. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

schwartz is wrong, we got lucky. That's not a proper spotting of the football.

16. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

Kudos to that ref for hustling over to spot the ball in time to get the snap off.

When I saw it live I was impressed with his speed & agility... :p

IDFjet likes this.
  17. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

How much are you slapping down on the Chargers?

18. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

The play started at 17 seconds with the clock stopped.

I’ve never seen a team complete a 30 yard pass like that with 17 seconds in bounds and have the operation workout to have time on the clock. Regardless of what happened with the ref or not that was unbelievably lucky.

19. Brook!

Brook! Soft Admin...2018 Friendliest Member Award Winner

Same $50 :)

Acad23 likes this.
  20. dawinner127

For sure. I don't know how Lazard didn't go down earlier. What a boneheaded play to keep going.