Patriots at Chargers Game Thread

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by EcKo151, Jan 14, 2007.

1. JetsIn2004

JetsIn2004 Banned

LT by not shaking their hands brought himself down to THEIR level.. I can understand his anger, but you shake their hand and you move on.

2. Dinobot 2

Dinobot 2 Active Member

I don't fault him for not shaking hands with anyone.

3. Vin

Vin Banned

Brady and Vinny = The only Patriots with Class on that entire team.

4. Cakes

Cakes Mr. Knowledge 2010

I'm quivering and you root for a classless team with a classless head coach.

5. ollie

ollie Right Wing NutJob

Yes they have been great in the playoffs... not today though... today they were lucky... helped by stupid penalties, stupid turnovers and stupid coaching... If you're looking to make a point on Pat playoff sucess this isn't the game you should be citing

6. Dirtywater

Dirtywater 2005 Award Winner: Best non-Jets fan poster/Best S

Why would you be quivering? hahahaha, you're really angry! :rofl:

Dude, it's a game! Relax. No one is attacking you.

Big deal, I root for a classless team according to a guy on the internet named Cakes. Those are the breaks!

C'mon, laugh it off. It's a stupid football game. No one's attacking you man. It's all good. You win some you lose some. Every team will have highs and lows.

if you noticed my post, there was a "j/k" and " :breakdance: "

7. Cakes

Cakes Mr. Knowledge 2010

Oh boy. I can't even make a sarcastic comment. I saw the j/k. It was plain as day. I should have added my own. Sheesh. Unreal.

8. Kris 15

Kris 15 Well-Known Member

Or how bad Schottenheimer is.

9. Dirtywater

Dirtywater 2005 Award Winner: Best non-Jets fan poster/Best S

Sorry man, I didn't realize you were being sarcastic. I guess the internet does that.

:grin:

10. Tight

Tight Active Member

The man is a human being, his season is over, and to lose it like that , what do u want him to do go and say " Your cute" to Tom brady ?

It would of been my greatest moment, id gladly take a bullet to the hand to see merriman pick up tom brady and and chokeslam him repeatedly.

11. Namath2Kolber

Namath2Kolber New Member

Watching that game was like getting a root canal. The whole time I knew the Patriots would win. There were a few moments when the Chargers gave me false hope but quickly snatched it away with sheer stupidity. I can't even blame Marty. It's just fate. Every friggin lucky break. Every dumb mistake a player can make. Every inopportune penalty. The Pats get it all. And I can't blame Bellicheck or Bob Kraft or the players for being evil, although they all are. And I can't blame the officials - all the calls were legit. It's just fate. Harsh, unforgiving fate.

Man, I hate the Patriots.

12. Tight

Tight Active Member

Nah, this is basically erased from my mind, and everybody elses no one in thier right minds are going to hold this against him.

Hes as classy as they come, I kind of wish he would of grabbed hobbs and tore his nose off.

With his teeth.

13. ollie

ollie Right Wing NutJob

I agree with everything execpt Marty... he's gets plenty of blame IMO... stupidly using TO's going for it on 4th down insted of kicking a 35 yard field goal... only giving LT 8 touches in the 2nd half... he gets plenty of blame and should be fired

14. Namath2Kolber

Namath2Kolber New Member

Yeah, Marty made some bad play calls. So did Bellzibub. No team gets play calling exactly right. But the two plays that stand out most in my mind are Eric Parker's muffed punt return (by the way, he put in an overall miserable performance) and the interception fumble that shouldn't have even been intercepted in the first place. Just swat the ball down, you idiot!!!

DAMMNN ITTT!!!!!

15. InBillWeTrust

InBillWeTrust New Member

The Pats didn't have their typical playoff game because Brady wasn't hitting open receivers for most of the game. Otherwise, I thought the rest of the team played a great game. The Chargers made stupid mistakes that should never be made by a playoff team, and a one seed at that. That is how the Patriots win, though. You don't catch them making mistakes that cost them the game. They are too smart and too well coached for that.

Wisdom, football knowledge, teamwork, strong work ethic, and great coaching go so much farther than talent alone. Fans, analysts, and "experts" will shrug off a lot of these factors in many instances. Bottom line: it wins games and is the formula for success.

16. InBillWeTrust

InBillWeTrust New Member

Let me start off by saying that I love your profile picture and your signature quote... (I remember when Joe did that to Suzy Kolber on a Sunday night Jets/Pats game...hilarious)

Anyway, the point...the Patriots do get lucky a lot of times, but A LOT of what they do comes from game planning, coaching and football know how, and it just appears as luck. For instance, Troy Brown stripping that ball. He plays defense; he knows how to strip balls because of it. And, as a smart football player, he knew what he had to do in that situation and he saved his team, really.

The Chargers had a lot of stupid penalites, playcalls, and decisions yes. You could say they gift wrapped it for the Patriots. But, how come the Patriots never make those same mistakes? They are such a smart football team and I think that is what seperates them from so many teams; the fact that they never beat themselves...

17. Namath2Kolber

Namath2Kolber New Member

Everything you're saying is valid (especially the stuff about my avator and sig). The Pats are just a smarter team. But it reached a ridiculous point of brains over braun. The Chargers had all the talent on that field (except for Brady). They had so many opportunities to seal that game. And the stripped balls - gimme a break. Part of it is the Pats players being well coached to strip the ball. The other part is HOLD ON TO THE FRIGGIN BALL, MAN! How many stripped balls can there be by one team in one game??? I'm not saying the Pats didn't deserve to win. After watching enough football, I'll always say that the team that won deserved to win. But the Chargers had that game. The Pats were who we thought they were. And the Chargers let 'em off the hook! So if you want to crown their asses, then go ahead.

But they let 'em off the hook.

18. InBillWeTrust

InBillWeTrust New Member

cmon...

If they are the only two classy ones, what does that make the rest of the players in the NFL?

You never see Patriots players calling out opponents, never see them predicting wins, talking smack, or bringing attention to themselves. You never see them make cheap blocks like the one that cost Rodney Harrison the rest of the season. You never see them bringing down another team, or their own. Mangini has already instilled this on the Jets, I think, but what other teams can you honestly say handle themselves with as much class?

The Chargers have a legitimate cheater on their team in Merriman. Not only that, but he called attention to himself with that whole "lights out" thing.

19. Barry the Baptist

Barry the Baptist Hello son, would you like a lolly?

Thats the thing.... the Pats and mainly Brady would have beaten themselves if not for the Chargers doing a better job of beating themselves. While I felt for the most part the officiating was legit I do have an issue with the refs missing the punch by Hobbs and the phantom unnesscary ruffness call. I understand if he would have headbutted him but after watching the play again there was no way to tell if he was just celebrating or was going to headbutt him. The only thing I do know is that the Pats player retaliated to something that may or may not have happened

20. Cakes

Cakes Mr. Knowledge 2010

Did you see what Harrison did to Bobby Wade the play just prior to Harrison getting injured by Wade?

The Patriots head coach is classless. There are many examples. I don't have to mention any specifics. We know what they are.