Tomlinson rips Pats and Belicheck

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by jets12, Jan 14, 2007.

1. jets12

jets12 Active Member

Tomlinson yelled and pointed at the Patriots player, upset that some Patriots were dancing on the Chargers logo at midfield after they had silenced the record crowd of 68,810 at Qualcomm Stadium.

"I would never react in that way. I was very upset," Tomlinson said. "When you go to the middle of our field and start doing the dance Shawne Merriman is known for, that is disrespectful. They showed no class and maybe that comes from the head coach."

2. Dinobot 2

Dinobot 2 Active Member

Not Jets news.

3. Italian Seafood

Italian Seafood New Member

Here's why you don't come up with a stupid dance of your own--because when you lose the opponent is going to mock you with it. Know that when you invent your own dance. Either that or save the dance for after you won the Super Bowl.

4. NJRaider

NJRaider New Member

Tomlinson had no problem when Merriman did it after every sack this year. I guess it's classless when you do it on the lightning bolt but it's cool everywhere else...

5. The U

The U Member

That dance is the worst celebration in football, Merriman should have saved his energy all year. LT does have a point, Belicheck is a classless SOB and it rubs off on his players.

6. Cakes

Cakes Mr. Knowledge 2010

Is it too much to ask the Patriots to act like they been there before?

We thought the Patriots were better than this.

___

Now, in the past at this message board I have applauded players mocking other players' dances. Terrell Owens mocking Ray Lewis in 2004, the Ravens mocking Shawne Merriman in 2006, and Patrick Johnson mocking the Falcons in 1999 are three examples.
    (Interesting that the Ravens came up in all three of those examples.)

You could also look at the 49ers-Cowboys game when Terrell Owens messed around on the Cowboys field art and got George Teague and Emmitt Smith, in particular, pissed off.

The difference? Those examples occurred during a game.

The Patriots acted like clowns today after a game. They should have conducted themselves with class. Why act like fools when the game is over and you've won?

7. Dirtywater

Dirtywater 2005 Award Winner: Best non-Jets fan poster/Best S

I think it's a bit unfair to say "the Patriots" when in fact is was only a handfull. The way you present it, it's like they all lined up at center field and did it in unison... :rofl:

8. Cakes

Cakes Mr. Knowledge 2010

Maybe I shouldn't have written "the Ravens" either. I should have found videotape from that early season game and pinpointed exactly which Ravens did it.

9. Long & Winding Rhode

Merriman started out well, but he was silenced by Matt Light

10. EcKo151

EcKo151 Active Member

Tomlinson is right. Good for him to speak up.

11. BIG COUNTRY

BIG COUNTRY Well-Known Member

I dont get showing up an opponent whle playing sports. I play hard, physical and sometimes dirty. However I never do a dance or taunt during the game, I just play and leave it on the field and then Im done. I dont have a signature dance or anything.

12. ollie

ollie Right Wing NutJob

Excellent point... what happens during the game and outside the game is two different things entirely... what is the point of mocking a team after the game is won? there is none... during the game I can see it done to gain a psych advantage... but after? Just classless...

13. JetFanInPA

JetFanInPA Well-Known Member

This Patriot team may be a dynasty, but they sure do a lot of questionable and classless things like this. I really trust what a player like Ladainian Tomlinson says though. Not because of his talent or fame, but just because he seems like a very respectable person. It's good to know that he also sees the lack of class exhibited by the Patriots and chose to publicly acknowledge it.

14. PRPitbull

PRPitbull Active Member

Very true. They always got some smart ass comment or action in them. Also, LT isnt the kinda guy to bitch or complain, and he aint a sore loser because the chargers were awful early on in his career, hes a pure professional, so I think LT's comment carries weight.

The Pats act like that super over priviledged kid that acts like a schmuck that you want to punch in the face but you would get persecuted for doing it.

Even though im not too crazy about the Chargers(mainly because all of a sudden everyone is a Chargers fan when about 4 years ago they were non existant and act like they discovered LT recently, like he wasnt doing this his whole career), i so desperately wanted them to trounce the Pats

#14 PRPitbull, Jan 15, 2007
    Last edited: Jan 15, 2007
  15. Joe Willie White Shoes

Joe Willie White Shoes Well-Known Member

LT is now my favorite non-Jet for telling it like it is. The Pats showed no class after winning a game they had no business winning. It's one thing if they went out there and kicked the Chargers ass, but they were physically manhandled and won by pure luck and stupidity by the Chargers. When that happens on the road, you grab your win and run to the team bus - you don't dance at midfield like its a home game.

16. Dirtywater

Dirtywater 2005 Award Winner: Best non-Jets fan poster/Best S

hahaha, I gotta call BS on this one. I just went back and rewatched it.

Can anyone tell me which players did this? You all find it so easy to toss out freely "THE PATRIOTS", but it certainly wasn't the entire team, and whoever did it (which I still believe happened) was not even televised.

But please, feel free to call them guilty without seeing them do it.

Stay classy! :up:

17. PRPitbull

PRPitbull Active Member

Oh wow, NFL Primetime made it out to seem like LT was the one at fault. They said hes normally a classy player but didnt want to have anything to do with the aftergame handshakes, painting him out to be a sore loser. Thats fucked up, god forbid they stop playing favorites with the Pats. They pretty much bitch when someone outside of Chad Johnson celebrates, but its ok for a whole team to do it? Fights breakout between teams in college over this shit, so dont act like its insignificant

18. Cakes

Cakes Mr. Knowledge 2010

Who said it was the entire team?
    I was under the impression that all of us here knew that the entire Patriots team was not doing this. We all know it is just a few clowns who did it. But when two guys or three guys or four guys do it...guess what? The whole team gets the label. If this upsets your delicate tendencies, that's tough.

CBS apparently did not capture Patriots doing the Lights Out dance. We did see Reche Caldwell and a few others clowning in the middle of the field, however.

We know it happened because LaDainian Tomlinson (one of the most respectful, kind human beings in the game) said it happened and people in Qualcomm Stadium said it happened.

I also heard James Sanders made the throat-slashing gesture after the missed field goal.

Stay classless.

19. Barry the Baptist

Barry the Baptist Hello son, would you like a lolly?

Well the Bristol crew would never criticize the team that plays down the road I heard about it after the game and didn't think much of it. Like was said when you win the way you they did today you tuck your tail between your legs and get out of there. If there is any justice Peyton Manning shreds the Pathetics next week....

20. Brooks Brady

Brooks Brady New Member