And now for something different... Zach appreciation thread...

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by burf, Oct 2, 2023.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GasedAndConfused

GasedAndConfused Well-Known Member

you're incapable of understanding anything I explain so whats the point. were not on the same wavelength. I'll leave it at that.

2. GasedAndConfused

nobody is denying that. the point is when rodgers went down, most people myself included said we are fucked based on zachs play the last 2 years. and the 1st 3 weeks mostly looked like that. the past 2 weeks he's playing good enough for us to get wins. there are also like 10 Qbs playing even worse then zach.

barfolomew likes this.
  3. Jets79

Jets79 Well-Known Member

Just checked NFL.com stats…Zach’s QB rating is 73.4…just by quickly counting QB’s ahead of him (pulling out a few guys who have high ratings as WR’s because they threw one pass), he’s like 32…just above Daniel Jones and Mitchell Trubisky

Yeah there are a few guys ahead of him who only played one or two games like Drew Lock, but still, he’s pretty much still at the bottom of the league

He needs to continue to improve just to get to average

Even guys like Desmond Ritter, Ryan Tannehill, Bryce Young are all rated higher…

So I guess I just don’t understand the level of commitment that some folks have to prop him up when all the objective evidence and the eye test says otherwise…the rush to put all the excuses and blame everyone or everything else for his lack of success…I don’t get it.

Is he playing better than first two years? Yes I think so…at least he’s completing more passes than he has in the past. But he still sucks…he can’t get the ball in the end zone, he has difficulty sustaining drives, etc. It’s painful to watch.

I know we’re stuck with him this year because our answer was to bring in Trevor Simian who won’t threaten anybody, but unless he REALLY improves, we are not going anywhere this year….

#503 Jets79, Oct 10, 2023
    Last edited: Oct 10, 2023
  4. cval

cval Well-Known Member

This is the last time I respond. The point you are missing is that he is improving and has not played like the worst QB in the league in the last two games. he has actually shown growth the entire season (Except for New England) and the coaches are letting him play QB.

Zach, most likely, will continue the progression of growth over a multiple-game span. How much growth still remains to be seen. He outplayed the other QB two weeks in a row (which means a little). The mental mistakes he is making (End of Half Denver and End of Game Cowboys) will go away with more experience. He is now playing like a highly drafted rookie (We forget this is a new system for him) because he is not a Rookie we expect faster progression and as the coaches trust him more we have started to see that.

If he maintains his current level of play he will not be the worst QB in the NFL. Here is to hoping he can do much better than that.

After the New England game, the entire Jets fan base and all the national media were all over this kid. To come back like he did from that type of criticism shows me has a lot of mental strength. Can we not just support the kid as we are finally seeing some competent football out of him?

ColoradoContrails and NCJetsfan like this.
  5. dawinner127

dawinner127 Well-Known Member

6. cval

cval Well-Known Member

stinkyB likes this.
  7. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

KY Jets Fan likes this.
  8. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

G. Wilson should have caught that ball. It hit him right in the hands. He was the 2nd read, Conklin the 3rd. G. Wilson was wide open and if he catches it he scores. On almost any given pass play by the Jets or any team, you often see one WR who is wide open, but almost always that WR is the 3rd or 4th read or a decoy, and the QB never sees him because he throws it to another WR. I will say that Zach had time to look for Conklin, but everyone has been harping for him to get the ball out quickly and not hold it too long. In fact, he was criticized on Sunday for holding the ball too long on some plays. This is not Zach's fault.

ColoradoContrails likes this.
  9. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

That's not true at all. GW was clearly the 2nd read. Zach was looking first at the left corner of the EZ, then his head moves and he sees GW and throws the ball.

This is just another example of people trying to find things to blame on Zach that aren't his fault. GW should have caught that ball it hit him right on the hands.

#509 NCJetsfan, Oct 10, 2023
  10. The_Darksider

The_Darksider Well-Known Member

Never might be a bit of a strong word since they did so just last year.

Sent from my SM-S908U1 using Tapatalk

SackRecord99 likes this.
  11. papapump

papapump Well-Known Member

This thread used to be somewhat entertaining. It has become tedious at this point.

I am not a ZW hater. However I have seen enough to say, let’s move on. However the group that has seen enough, and the always Zach crowd just keep trading barbs. So we continue.

12. dawinner127

dawinner127 Well-Known Member

He was so late on that throw. Anything to defend him. Holy shit lol

SackRecord99 likes this.
  13. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

There are a lot of NFL pundits who say things for clicks. Damien Woody isn't one of them. If he says it's Zach's fault, I'm going to listen to him.

Pepsiguy5 likes this.
  14. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

If he catches it he scores? If he catches it, he might be in the hospital.

15. ouchy

ouchy Well-Known Member

The Broncos have both inside LBs covering the backs, and they both run into the nickle. Epically terrible defense.

#515 ouchy, Oct 10, 2023
    Ralebird, Pepsiguy5 and dawinner127 like this.
  16. GasedAndConfused

eh I mean he threw it high for sure, but to me it looked like the timing was off on the whole play

that design is a simple one for zach, he's supposed to look off the safety to get him to move left, then after the back foot hits, whip his head over the middle and hit GW.

the actual issue here is timing. GW wasn't at his spot in time
    as you can see in this still the red X is where he should be and the throwing lane is there and the safety is fading left
    [​IMG]
    so zach did an extra "hop" to buy him time to get to the spot, by the time he was set to throw again and GW hit his spot it was now a little late, GW was out in front, and the throwing lane closed up. zach then had to throw over the line forcing a high throw
    [​IMG]

This is one of those plays that casual fans will scream at zach or hackett but really timing was just off and it was on the WR. he has to get to his spot on time, I didn't see the begining. IDK if he was jammed or made an extra move or what. I'd have to watch GW from the start to see if there is a reason he was late, but there are plays like this on why a GW might get a lower grade then we think as fans because on 1st notice during the game it just seemed like a high throw on zachs part, but going back you realize he ran the play right, safety was looked off right, throwing lane was there from the o-line, and the WR just wasn't at the spot.

The only thing that zach could have done better and a guy like rodgers does, is to abondon that 1st read and not give him more time. now the middle was open so I get wanting to give him the extra second to get to his spot, the play was there unit the throwing lane closed up and he had to lob it more over them, and in that case might have seen someone else like conklin open to woodys point. so you can ding zach for that, but like we've been saying zach isn't a great QB currently and needs the help from the people around him. if GW makes it to his spot on time thats an easy TD for them

17. ouchy

ouchy Well-Known Member

Garrett wasn't late. Zach was early, and only went through two reads. Maybe the pass rush was the cause. But he never even saw the ketstone cops playing on the rest of the field.

18. GasedAndConfused

LMAO early? dude a QB isn't early. its a 5 step drop, he hits the 5th step and is ready to fire and GW isn't there yet. thats an insane take to say a QB is early on his 5 step drop. like WTF. dude thats embarrassing. just delete that comment. it looks really bad. then go back and watch aaron rodgers talk anything about QBing and tell aaron he doesn't know how to QB because your comment is saying just that

19. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

Your ignorant arrogance shows through in a lot of ways when you post stuff like that. It’s a dig/cross and it’s not a complicated read. In the red zone why would the play design ever be to go to the underneath crosser?

It’s 1 to 2 depending on what the linebacker does really. And the linebacker completely vacated the space as it looks like half the defense thinks it’s man coverage.

Regardless if he throws it immediately off the snap when the linebacker vacates the space to either Conklin or Wilson it’s a touchdown.

And regardless of how many shitty footwork shuffle steps he takes he gets to 3 step drop depth which is all it looks like that play really needs to be from the 7-8 yard line.

Really bad analysis though. He was late to two different receivers. It doesn’t even make sense how you can say Garrett Wilson is late when he throws the ball to him when he’s more than halfway across the field into a hospital pass situation.

KY Jets Fan likes this.
  20. GasedAndConfused

I mean if your gonna call someone ignorant you should at least be right lol

hackett is setting up the offense for zach to be simple. yes a better QB finds conklin on the 2nd read. I said that already. but a crosser over the middle on a drag route as a 1st read is one of the most common plays. made very famous by brady and the pats using "rub" techniques to get a guy open. it's clearly a scripted play for GW over the middle on a short throw to get it in his hands and let him make a move for a TD.

Sadly from this view we can't see what GW was doing and the 1 think I will agree with was the broncos D was inept as fuck on that play and clearly didn't know what they were supposed to be doing and running into each other. but when wilson hits that back foot on the final step, his 1st read has to be in position and he wasn't. conklin was likely the next read on the seam but IDK what kind of leash hackett has him on. it might have been GW or throw it away for all we know. like what we did with sanchez. no way for anyone to know that. but we can read the basic concepts of the play well some of us

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.