2023 - Week 6: New York Jets vs Philadelphia Eagles (4:25 PM)

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Brook!, Oct 8, 2023.

?

Who will win?

Poll closed Oct 15, 2023.
  1. Jets

25.0%
  2. Eagles

75.0%
  1. Jets79

Jets79 Well-Known Member

Yeah, I’m not feeling it this game

On O, I think the Eagles pass rush will feast, especially now with AVT out…hard to see us getting much going in the passing game … I’d use a lot of play action and rollouts if I were calling plays

On D, I would say we need a spy on Hurts…if Reed is back I think Brown/Smith will still likely get theirs but I feel like with Reed and Sauce we can keep that kind of under control, but I can see a whole lot of backbreaking runs by Hurts

We don’t match up well with Philly, and on top of that, they are also one of those teams that we just never seem to beat.

So is it possible? Maybe, but I give it a REALLY low probability…

2. Lon Chaney

Lon Chaney Well-Known Member

This x1000

3. jets4848

jets4848 Trolls

0-12 lifetime against philly a real defense unlike Denver, once they stack the box and dare the worst quarterback in the league to beat them its over, no way the run gets 200+ yards this game to help out the worst quarterback in the league. Without a run game its a automatic loss.

#43 jets4848, Oct 9, 2023
    Last edited: Oct 9, 2023
    mrodriguez4096 likes this.
  4. typeOnegative13NY

typeOnegative13NY Well-Known Member

Mac Jones isn’t our qb

KY Jets Fan and mrjet80 like this.
  5. jets4848

jets4848 Trolls

Compare mac jones lifetime stats and Zach wilson's than come again. Drafted same year, than compare shit to more shit and find the greater shit.

mrodriguez4096 and SackRecord99 like this.
  6. typeOnegative13NY

typeOnegative13NY Well-Known Member

Oh, I found the greater shit

7. mrjet80

mrjet80 Well-Known Member

I get the whole 0-12 thing it’s extremely annoying but let’s remember THIS Jets team is really 0-1 against them - that loss 2 years ago. The first meeting was in 1973 - 50 years ago. From Ewbanks to Michaels to Coslet to Edwards etc….

This Jets defense may be able to contain the Eagles. Assign a spy to Hurts, continue to rotate the DL and keep bodies fresh. On offense feed Hall and have Zach continue those quick releases….

They would of beaten KC if not for some bad calls and a simple dropped snap. What makes some of you feel there’s no way they can beat the Eagles? They need to play a clean game and eliminate these stupid mistakes. But it certainly can happen…going into the bye at 3-3 would really inject some life into this team.

cval likes this.
  8. Brook!

Brook! Soft Admin...2018 Friendliest Member Award Winner

Vegas doesn’t think this is a slam dunk win for Eagles. Line is at 6.5 points currently. I think Eagles will still win but Jets will make this competitive. Eagles will be looking at their Sunday Night match up with Dolphins most likely and not be as motivated to win.

9. Patriot

Patriot Well-Known Member

Let me start by congratulating the Jets for beating the Broncos and putting Sean Payton in his place.

Based on the officiating in the Rams-Eagles game, I am hoping the Jets will not get screwed like the Rams did. Don't get me started on how the Chiefs also have benefitted from the Refs.

I think the Eagles can be beaten, but it will again come down to Zack not throwing the game away for the Jets. Even though I would like the Jets to win this game, I think the Eagles will unfortunately prevail. It better not be because of the refs!

It goes without saying the toughness of the Jet's defense will be challenged by a very physical offense of the Eagles.

I hope this game is televised in my area.

Go Jets!

KY Jets Fan, papapump and LAJet like this.
  10. stinkyB

stinkyB 2009 Best Avatar Award Winner

hopefully they sleepwalk through this one..... but without AVT I'm thinking the pass rushers will be salivating

11. SackRecord99

SackRecord99 Member

Interesting chart on season to date - take from it what you will. Not sure where to put it.
    [​IMG]

12. stinkyB

stinkyB 2009 Best Avatar Award Winner

So if I understand this correctly, average defense, shitty offense?

KY Jets Fan likes this.
  13. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

I wish you would stop repeating the same BS. There are a few starters on the league this year looking worst than Zach, a couple benched already. Both Jones come to mind. Love looked sad yesterday, to name a few.

14. SackRecord99

SackRecord99 Member

yes that is my read - obviously early in season and we have faced difficult competition. but i like how they isolate into bands of contenders through lottery teams. any chart that isolates pats and giants as the worst is good with me!

KY Jets Fan and stinkyB like this.
  15. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

They played like just 2 weeks ago and Mac Jones was clearly better than Zach Wilson

mrodriguez4096 and SackRecord99 like this.
  16. SackRecord99

SackRecord99 Member

also note denver's defense absurdly horrific.

17. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

Bills are a little skewed. They had a couple blowouts inflating their "EPA" numbers but they are not as good as this chart makes them appear

mrodriguez4096 likes this.
  18. cval

cval Well-Known Member

Where is Philly vulnerable on Defense? Their pass rush does not seem as good as last season.

19. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

Absolutely not. He has 5 TDs and six interceptions with a QB rating of 40. He is looking awful and not leading anything. Spare me.

20. jcass10

jcass10 Well-Known Member

Need Zach to turn some of those 3's into 7's, if they want a shot at this game. Philly has an relatively vulnerable secondary. Zach needs to play very well, and the playcalling needs to compliment him.

Philly isn't going to try and hand the game over on a silver platter like Denver did.

Jets have never beaten Philly, now seems like an excellent time to break that trend. It'll put the Jets at 3-3 through week 6, which is what we all wanted going into the season.