Best QBs Available?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by heartpumpsgreen, Sep 11, 2023.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

Oblate spheroid or ellipsoid.

twown and KingRoach like this.
  2. GasedAndConfused

GasedAndConfused Well-Known Member

I did, you just have to be patient to get there. clearly you can't though

3. GasedAndConfused

nope it's flat. its just your opinion of what you see.

4. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

Each response from you shows more clearly how you do not understand what an opinion is. Or an answer to a question. Whatever may be in your mind is not the answer.

SackRecord99 likes this.
  5. cval

cval Well-Known Member

I keep clicking on this thread only to read this non-sense

bigbucks24, Jets69 and bicketybam like this.
  6. dmw

dmw Well-Known Member

I can't believe I'm saying this, but maybe Zach Wilson is the best QB available.

cval and GasedAndConfused like this.
  7. bicketybam

bicketybam Well-Known Member

If he continues to play like he did Sunday night, he definitely is. That's a big if though.

dmw and cval like this.
  8. GasedAndConfused

thats just your opinion though. nothing factual. you can have yours, I have mine.

Ralebird likes this.
  9. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

Hey! I hear Daniel Jones might be available! Any takers? C'mon now! Surely he's better than Zach! /S

I bet if you ask Daboll if he'd swap QBs he'd do it in a second.

dmw and GasedAndConfused like this.
  10. GasedAndConfused

thats what I was trying to explain. zach is bad, but he's not bad in the way people were like he shouldn't be in the NFL. he's bad for a starter, he's above average for a backup. I tried explaining it in the way of he's a top 50QB in the world so upgrading now is near impossible but people were telling me he's not even top 100 and saying every backup and some 3rd strings are better then him.
    meanwhile i'm watching 40mil dollar man DJ be awful, and 50mil burrow be awful (although burrow is injury related most likely) and guys like nathan peterman are still in the league.
    Carr couldn't move a saints offense that has kamara, olave, thomas so he got benched and winston came in and threw a pick on his 1st and only pass.
    DTR the 5th round rookie people were saying is better then zach, he was awful in his 1st start.
    sadly nothing out there could help us right now short of a kirk cousins trade or brady unretiring. both which are about 0% chance

11. bicketybam

What about Chad Henne? Asking for a friend.

GasedAndConfused likes this.
  12. ColoradoContrails

Maybe he's not bad. Maybe he's been bad, but maybe he's got the potential to still be a good starting QB. That's what Douglas and Saleh seem to believe anyway. And when you see him play like he did against KC that possibility becomes more tangible.

Yes, of course he has to do it consistently. And sure, Maybe it was just a fluke. But he's shown these flashed before - which most people tend to use as "proof" that he'll just never be any good. But the fact that he can do these things proves NOT that he's incapable, but that he IS capable if given the right game plan, play calls, and support. Will he then play flawlessly? Of course not! What QB does? But it's very possible that he can still be a good starting QB and not just a backup.

13. SackRecord99

SackRecord99 Member

I love you guys taking a victory lap after a game in which we didnt even have a victory. He put up 18 points, and I don't blame him for the loss, but he did fumble a snap that erased any chance of us actually winning. Z truthers are wild. Imagine if he now actually has two professional games in a row, they'll be a parade down the jersey turnpike.

14. ColoradoContrails

Is that how logic works for you in your mind? Saying his fumble erased any chance of winning EXACTLY blames him for the loss! LOL. But I notice you you don't mention that at the time of the fumble - which was a bad snap to begin with (although I think he should've handled it anyway), and the line collapsing allowing the DL to get to the ball first - there was still over 7 minutes left in the game. Why didn't Saleh's vaunted defense that has been the crown jewels of Jets investment over the years stop them sooner and get the ball back with more time on the clock? You mean that didn't have more to do with the loss than the fumble?

As for "we didn't even have a victory", we easily could have if the refs hadn't put their thumbs on the scale, if Saleh/Hackett didn't revert to conservative play calling once they tied it, if they had kept Cook on the bench and played Breece more, if Conklin can hold onto the TD throw that he had two hands on, and the fact that they came within all of that of beating the defending SB champs. Oh yeah, and the fact that ach did something that no other QB - college or pro - has done: beaten Mahomes statistically head to head in a game.

And no one is "taking a victory lap", but we're allowed to line up at the starting gate at least.

Cman68 and bicketybam like this.
  15. Pepsiguy5

Pepsiguy5 Well-Known Member

Zach has some diehard fans for sure. And thats cool. Thats part of what pro sports and fandom are all about.

I'm still thinking that any year now Bernie Kosar will finally get past Elway.

abyzmul likes this.
  16. Jets69

Jets69 Well-Known Member

It actually ridiculous, but the bar for this organization, is set so low, moral victories, are all we have.

If Zach plays like shit in Denver, it will be the coaches fault, or OL, or Woody, being delusional, goes hand in hand with being a Jets fan.

HomeoftheJets likes this.
  17. SackRecord99

SackRecord99 Member

Just saying - its not like his coming out party was orchestrating some resounding 4Q march-down-the field for the ages comeback. Rather he fumbled a snap on the last time we touched the ball, and yet is still is his best game by far, and the truthers are back in force. Again not blaming him for loss (he was fine), but you would think this level of 'i told you so's......' would be reserved for an actual victory (and perhaps putting up more than 20 points).

Note outside of Stroud's first game in NFL, Z's game last night would have been worst of his career.

abyzmul and HomeoftheJets like this.
  18. bicketybam

I'm not seeing the "I told you so's" that some people are claiming

ColoradoContrails likes this.
  19. Jets79

Jets79 Well-Known Member

What a great chart! Thanks for pulling it together!

20. ColoradoContrails

AFAIK no one here has said "I told you so".

And no, it wasn't "some resounding 4Q march-down-the field for the ages comeback", but in context it isn't far off given how so many people shat on him, called him a bust, said he'd never even be a backup NFL QB, and so on. To hear all that for most of his two + years here, not only from fans but from so -called expert analysts, and then go out and play head to head against arguably the best QB in the NFL and one of the best defenses, well, that takes some guts, wouldn't you at least agree on that?

And again, this comes on top of the flashes he's shown this season even among the mistakes he's made - they're there if you want to see them.

Yes, he has to do what he did Sunday and more going forward, but this is a very encouraging milestone.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.