Best QBs Available?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by heartpumpsgreen, Sep 11, 2023.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GasedAndConfused

GasedAndConfused Well-Known Member

were you not here last year when everyone got the reality check about streveler? everyone was calling for him because zach was so bad and then he got in the game and people were happy and then they realized oh crap he's worse then zach.

2. ukjetsfan

ukjetsfan Well-Known Member

Look what we are arguing over. Is Zach the 50th worst or 100th worst?

He is abysmal.

3. GasedAndConfused

we all agree he is bad, which is why i can't understand the over-exggeration. yes he's bad but we don't have a better choice so what good is beating the kid up going to do?

4. NJJets

NJJets Well-Known Member

Yrs we do. Carson Wentz is sitting at home. Yea he’s a headcase. Yes people don’t like him. Ask Garrett Wilson if he needs to like a QB as long as he gets a catchable ball once in a while.

Actually Tim Boyle is likely better than Zach. Zach is so bad that there’s really no amount of worse that we can do. But if Boyle comes in and does decently enough JD and the FO has more egg on his face, which is why we don’t play him and why we brought in the most uninspiring FA possible so there’s not real competition.

SOJAZ, Cman68 and dawinner127 like this.
  5. GasedAndConfused

again do we not remember streveler from last year? boyle is awful. he's only around to appease rodgers. wentz is interesting for sure. he's had some good years for sure. but his last year in philly was pretty bad and he is a head case so they shipped him off. he was actually pretty good his 1 year in indy then got shipped off because he's an asshole. then he went to wash where he had some good and bad games. got hurt, then lost his starting job to heinikke. then got it back with 2 games left in must wins and shit the bed under pressure. they decided to move on after 1 year and roll with howell. the fact that 2 teams gave up premium picks for him and both moved on after only 1 year is too big a red flag for me. I can't see him as a better choice right now. he may have more talent then zach, but not sure he fits in with the team. If he was humbled at all i'd take a flyer on him. he can be as bad as zach at times, but he also has had really good games above what zach has done.

6. NJJets

NJJets Well-Known Member

Zach is the worst QB I’ve ever seen start an NFL game. Certainly the worst Jets QB I’ve ever seen. Streveler can’t throw a football but at least he used his legs and is tough enough that you’re not worried he can’t take a hit. Boyle may be awful. Likely is awful. Zach without a doubt is awful. I’ll take chances with anyone over Zach.

7. GasedAndConfused

IDK how long you've watched the jets for but if zach is the worst you seen, probably not very long. i could name a dozen worse then him over the past 20 years or so just for the jets alone. not even counting the full NFL. zach is bad, but trust me there is way worse out there.

8. SackRecord99

SackRecord99 Member

9. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

Tim Boyle looked better against the scrubs than Zach did. Hackett called a far more open game with Boyle too. The bolded is exactly what I've been saying from the time Rodgers went down. JD/RS are so afraid of looking worse than they already do for drafting Zach that barring injury, there is no way in hell Boyle sees the field. Its also why better QB's than Zach were never a consideration.

10. BrooklynJetsFan

BrooklynJetsFan Well-Known Member

worse drafted that high by Jets.

Zach is definitely the worst QB we’ve seen start for how long he’s been starting as far as i can remember

rockyusmc2003 likes this.
  11. GasedAndConfused

he was a 2 year starter. thats all. year 3 we replaced him but the starter got hurt. sanchez started longer and was pretty bad. we've only drafted 3 QBs in the top 6 in the past 20 years. sanchez, darnold, and wilson. so yeah you can say wilson is the worst of those 3. I won't argue that. but that wasn't the question. and after seeing guys like rick mirar, brooks bollinger, greg mcelroy, hackenberg (probably the worst QB we drafted overall and people wanted him to start because he couldn't be worse but he was worse) clemens, james morgan, geno, petty, faulk, flacco, simian i mean the list is brutal

12. Gremlin

Gremlin Well-Known Member

You mean the Jags games where we were down 16-3 after Zach went;
    9-18 (50%) 92yds, 0TD & 1INT.
    Ran for 1 yds but got sacked 3 times for -21yds
    led 7 drives with a Total net of 44yds and 3 first downs?

The one where Streveler came in and posted;
    10-15 (66.67%) 90yds, 0TD & 0INT.
    Ran for 54yds with no sacks.
    Led 3 drives with a total net of 149yds and 7 first downs?

13. GasedAndConfused

yes he was god awful. did you watch the games and him having WRs wide open 15 yards downfield and he couldn't get the ball to reach them. dude had no arm he also led us to 0 points. they were both awful. strevelr played 53% of the snaps with 0 points. zach played 47% with 3 points. both were garbage but everyone was convinced streveler would come in and save the offense and it was instead even more embarassing then zach.

14. Gremlin

Well if you go back to about 2020 and just look at the guys who played at least 8 games

[​IMG]

So Petty and Clemens are clearly worse.

15. Gremlin

He had 3 drives

Drive 1 (16 plays/73 yards) took us to the Jags 21 where we could of kicked a FG if we hadn't been put in a 13 point hole due to the previous lack of offense
    Drive 2 (5 plays/36 yards) ended with a G.Wilson fumble
    Drive 3 (8 plays/40 yards) ended near FG range but again we were shooting for TD's now down 16 points

All 3 drives had more yardage and/or plays that what Zach had given us.

Strev was ofc not a Franchise QB but I wasn't crying over him being preferred to Zach as we/he was finally moving that damn ball & I would of been happy to see him start over Zach @ Seattle had Mike White not glued his ribs together enough to push Zach back to QB3.

16. GasedAndConfused

man if chad didn't get hurt, we really had some shots in the early 2000s to be good. 2002 will always be one of the best seasons i've seen in my life

17. GasedAndConfused

he was also playing against a D that was playing soft at that point with the game in hand and a limited QB and just playing the clock. strevler couldn't make an important throw to save his life. zach sucks but at least he's made an important throw here or there and is a threat for it. strevler isn't.

18. BrooklynJetsFan

BrooklynJetsFan Well-Known Member

No question Zach is worse than Sanchez and Darnold. Not even gonna debate that with you.

Zach just has a nice deep ball and can run a little bit….other than that he’s sucks really bad at every other aspect of the position.

Can he get better and figure it out, sure and he better start on Sunday or the entire fanbase will fully turn on this team
    Kellen and Bryce were never franchise QB anointed by the FO and CS. They were boom or bust flyer draft picks.

Zach was propped up for two years as the franchise QB for the Jets.

Let’s be a bit more contextual here.

19. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

There is absolutely nothing literal about that statement - it is simply your opinion. An opinion, you may have noticed, that is hard to find repeated here, or elsewhere.

#659 Ralebird, Sep 30, 2023
    Last edited: Sep 30, 2023
    BrooklynJetsFan, stinkyB and abyzmul like this.
  20. stinkyB

stinkyB 2009 Best Avatar Award Winner

LOL you picked a BAD game to use as an example to support your point....

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.