Best QBs Available?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by heartpumpsgreen, Sep 11, 2023.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jets69

Jets69 Well-Known Member

According to some on this board, we already have our QB, the 2nd pick in the draft, just needs more time to develop

Nyjets4eva likes this.
  2. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

Those guys took the week off. They could use up all their personal time well before the season is over.

3. GasedAndConfused

GasedAndConfused Well-Known Member

except you are exaggerating horribly. trubisky is awful. he's not even the backup. he's the 3rd string. rudolph is their backup and he's better then trubisky and probably better then zach but I think that alone proves my point you are just naming names and overrating other players. i mean wentz and foles? lol they aren't in the NFL for a reason. levis hasn't even played to judge. neither has DTR. you have to be fair to have a real convo

4. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

Trubisky has 68 TD, 43 INT, and a passer rating of 86.4. He's world's better than Zach.

5. Gremlin

Gremlin Well-Known Member

Probably a couple of CFL and USFL/XFL QB's who could do the job just as well.

I'd say in recent Jet history we've had worse QB's starting for us in Petty and Falk but never for as long as Zach has continued to crap the bed.

As for Zach Vs Trubisky or any other BUST 1st round QB - Let's look at the last season they had that got them canned Vs Zach's 2022.

[​IMG]

SackRecord99 likes this.
  6. dawinner127

dawinner127 Well-Known Member

Josina Anderson said yesterday the Jets brought in a “secret” QB. Surely is has to be wentz right?

7. stinkyB

stinkyB 2009 Best Avatar Award Winner

8. NJJets

NJJets Well-Known Member

The best backup QB options to be had were available the day we signed Rodgers, which should have also immediately been the day we cut Zach Wilson

9. GasedAndConfused

trubisky had a better start to his career then zach. thats why the stats are skewed. he fell off hard though and trubisky today isn't better then zach. stop looking up stats and watch actual games

10. HomeoftheJets

In the most recent game Trubisky started, which was last season, he did everything Zach is almost never able to do. Didn't have a ton of yards but was very efficient (at risk of bringing up a stat, his passer rating of 100.4 would be the second-highest of Zach's career) and got the win.

And since you bring up watching actual games, we can compare it to the most recent game Zach started:

SackRecord99 likes this.
  11. HomeoftheJets

Also Trubisky is the backup and Rudolph is 3rd string. https://www.steelers.com/team/depth-chart/ https://www.steelers.com/news/steelers-inactives-for-week-3-vs-raiders

12. JETSJETSJETS17

JETSJETSJETS17 Well-Known Member

Anyone else see the clip circulating from Undisputed yesterday that the Jets have BUDGET CONCERNS and that's why they didn't target a more higher-profile QB and settled for Siemian?

BUDGET CONCERNS?

13. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

SackRecord99 likes this.
  14. dawinner127

zach shouldn't even be on an nfl roster right now. he is the 2nd worst qb of last decade. the only reason wentz isnt signed right now is b/c he's an asshole of a team mate and volatile as shit, not b/c he cant play.

15. westiedog1

westiedog1 Well-Known Member

I'll bet coaches around the league get good motivational material from the Jets problems. "You better shape up or you'll be playing for the Jets!!!!"

16. GasedAndConfused

I watched all the steelers games last year. my buddy is a steelers fan. highlight videos are very skewed. trubisky was awful

fair enough. they probably changed the depth chart at some point and trubisky has more experience
    trubisky started off hotter then zach for sure, he had some good years which zach hasn't but he's like baker in that regard. once teams figured him out he fizzled. at this point he's a shell of the QB he was earlier in his career. he started 7 games last year for the steelers and was awful. and they have top tier coaching on their team. they almost made the playoffs with duck as their QB. tomlin is a top 3 coach which helps alot.

17. GasedAndConfused

again thats a crazy take. we all know he's a bust and not a starter in the NFL but the fact tim boyle is on an NFL roster and natahan peterman say otherwise. even streveler was on an NFL roster for us last year and remember how people were like put him in, he did great in pre season, he's better then zach etc etc. then we put him in and reality set in that he was awful and worse then zach. over-exggerations like that don't help your case at all. zach sucks, we all know it. no need to make stuff up to make a point we all agree on already.

18. dawinner127

Okay so he's a PS guy, fine. I'll agree. You really aren't saying much. He's closer to being the 100th best QB in the league than the 50th. The fact that you are saying Trubisky is worse than Zach is completely absurd.

SackRecord99 likes this.
  19. GasedAndConfused

trubisky is worse. today he is worse. he's had a better career then zach sure. but thats not the discussion. the discussion is whether he'd help the jets right now and the answer is no. literally almost every player that the fans here have said is better then zach (flacco, streveler, etc) have been just as bad or worse. even mike white who looked good for a couple of games, wound up looking worse last year and couldn't stay healthy. I get it. fans are upset. i'm upset. we were supposed to make a SB run. we finally had a top QB in the NFL for the 1st time in most peoples lifetime here. and then he blew out his achillies 4 snaps into the season. it sucks. nobody is denying it sucks. but no reason to be irrationally angry at zach for just not being good and going so far to say he's not even roster-able. nathan peterman is by and far the worst QB i've seen play in a regular season NFL game and even he is rostered and a backup in chicago and in year 6 on his 3rd team.

Acad23 likes this.
  20. dawinner127

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.