I know hindsight is 20/20 but was Sam Darnold THIS bad?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by HackettSuxTNG, Sep 26, 2023.

1. BleedJetsGreen1981

BleedJetsGreen1981 Well-Known Member

I always felt like Douglas kneecapped Darnold when he let Sam's best receiver and safety blanket Robbie Anderson walk in 2020 free agency. Anderson had his best year in 2020 with over 1096 yards receiving at Carolina. Sam wasn't a world beater but, he was leagues ahead of Wilson and I'd sure like our chances with him under center rather than Zach this past Sunday.

TheAustrian and James Hasty like this.
  2. red75bronco

red75bronco Well-Known Member

Like all jets told QB picks, they are their best the day they get to the Jets. Then they ruin all of them.

ColoradoContrails likes this.
  3. The_Darksider

The_Darksider Well-Known Member

He was in different ways, but he (nor any other quarterback I've ever seen) wasn't allowed to let it get this bad for this long. The Jets are making history with this now. I mean, what NFL team continues to run a clearly-overmatched player out as the starter for nearly 2 full seasons (taking out games missed for injury) while intentionally sacrificing several wins to keep him in there?

Sent from my SM-S908U1 using Tapatalk

SackRecord99 likes this.
  4. HackettSuxTNG

HackettSuxTNG Well-Known Member

This is rather vague. Can you be more specific?

5. HackettSuxTNG

then....? Go on, finish your sentence.

6. HackettSuxTNG

In fairness, does your definition of "developed" include learning an NFL Playbook?

7. jetophile

jetophile Bruce Coslet's Daughter

The Boot was better by a country mile. He got Sanchezed, but Sam had a lot more football smarts than The Chimp. Dare I say if The Boot had the same team around him under RR the Jets would've made at least one trip to the SB Dance at least. Word to the wise, don't dance while tripping . . . Don't trip while dancing, for that matter.

8. jetophile

Isn't that the Jesus freak Scout? Yeah, it is. It's actually a cool Cindarella Story, but I'll never understand how the rest of it is not considered mental illness. He went into some Holy Land thing about Tebow. Should've been a 5150.

“I was not working for any organization and only had Jesus Christ as my boss. I sent out emails throughout the Phoenix area, titled, ‘Modern Day Gospel Message’ offering to come and share my testimony, my story. I said I ask for nothing but the opportunity. All told, that year, I ended up preaching at 13 different churches and ended up hosting three different radio shows, including the first Christ-Centered NFL pre-game radio show in the world. It was an incredible year, I even had a chance to be mentored by a pastor who used to travel with Mother Theresa.”

o_O

HomeoftheJets likes this.
  9. Jets OG fan

Jets OG fan Well-Known Member

Zach Wilson has the worst passer rating of any QB since 2010 that has started more than 20 games. That speaks volumes. Yes Sam Darnold was clearly better even though he wasn't that good.

papapump, Ralebird and Nyjets4eva like this.
  10. typeOnegative13NY

typeOnegative13NY Well-Known Member

Sam didn’t have the weapons

11. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

I think that poster you quoted is probably him or close to him because he's the only one to ever bring up Daniel Kelly. The guy was like a coffee runner or something

12. jetophile

Oh, there's definitely an argument for that. Weapons cure a lot of ills if you have a half-way decent skillset, a modicum of fb smarts, and a better than decent toolbox.

The biggest problem with Sanchez . . . well, that's partly why I nicknamed him The Chimp.

typeOnegative13NY likes this.
  13. typeOnegative13NY

typeOnegative13NY Well-Known Member

Right now , the jets are a box of rounds without a gun to fire them out of