Gutsy performance by Wilson

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Jonathan_Vilma, Sep 11, 2023.

1. GasedAndConfused

GasedAndConfused Well-Known Member

nobody said he doesn't suck. there is a difference in sucking and costing us a game. you can suck but still not cost your team the game. you can be great but cost your team the game. people are saying zach isn't why we lost. we would have lost with rodgers at QB. hell we would have lost that game with mahomes at QB. thats the point being made. that even if zach had a god like game, we would have lost

Pepsiguy5 likes this.
  2. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

Ouch, baby... very ouch.

Pepsiguy5 likes this.
  3. Jets79

Jets79 Well-Known Member

Yah I get that…I think there was a lot of bad play across the board against the Cowboys…D couldn’t get off the field, OL sucked ass, no running game to speak of, OC giving Hall a handful of touches…lot’s of reasons we lost and honestly if there was ever a team loss, this was it.

On that we agree.

4. GasedAndConfused

yup thats the only argument i'm making.

KY Jets Fan likes this.
  5. Jets79

Jets79 Well-Known Member

Truth hurts!

But the fact that we still haven’t signed another QB is a bit puzzling to me…sure it would take time for a guy off the street to come up to speed with our playbook and our team, so to me, the sooner you do that, the better.

I’m getting my head around that JD and Saleh are just putting it all in on Zach…we will sink or swim with him…and record be damned. At some point, he has to step up or else the team will splinter, kind of like last year, and then if it gets that bad, even Saleh may have to worry about his job at the end of a year like that, even though sitting here now that doesn’t seem likely. Who knows. Woody has been very reactionary before.

In any case, we have to hope that Zach somehow turns it around and can play at an average QB level…I seriously doubt he is anything other than what he’s been for 2+ years, but I’d love to be proven wrong.

6. dawinner127

dawinner127 Well-Known Member

[​IMG]
    This doesn't take into consideration scrambling and running.

7. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

Forgive my idiocy as these charts sometimes mindfuck me. But this is telling me he’s taking too long to throw the ball not very far, yes?

Pepsiguy5 likes this.
  8. dawinner127

yes, exactly

He's averaging ~5 air yards per completion in about 3 seconds from snap to throw. the time to throw includes him running around and moving in the pocket.

9. GasedAndConfused

yeah I was gonna say, alot of zachs "time" was him holding onto the ball too long. this is a weird chart because ideally you want to be low and to the right where most charts are high and to the right. the should have done the X axis the opposite way

dawinner127 likes this.
  10. BrooklynJetsFan

BrooklynJetsFan Well-Known Member

Yep, The would be touchdown to Wilson in the 1st half was late and got tipped. he needed to throw it out of the break immediately.

11. jets4848

jets4848 Trolls

It’s now Tuesday and the jd still has not signed/traded for a competent offensive lineman and qb something that a good gm would have done last week before dallas

12. SOJAZ

SOJAZ Well-Known Member

Amen, coulldn't agree more. your other post about them not signing a QB is also on point. Woody can not be a happy camper... and that is not good for eoth JD or RS.

13. dawinner127

14. GoldenShowers

GoldenShowers Well-Known Member

15 teams have given up more sacks than the Jets OL has. Another “its not Zach’s fault” myth busted

Jets69 likes this.
  15. Jets69

Jets69 Well-Known Member

Nobody likes facts!

16. IDFjet

IDFjet Well-Known Member

My friend, the R^2 value in the top right = 0.00. That means that across the entire population there is no relationship between avg time to throw and completed air yards.

17. dawinner127

The guy who made the graph just took it from another guys excel sheet. It wasn't originally a graph so I don't know if that changes anything or if it's a mistake

https://x.com/DeSenaSports/status/1704157582653530295?s=20

18. Vader

Vader Member

the time to throw charts are heavily skewed by his running for his life (but not getting sacked) and often running 40 yards around the field like a headless chicken before throwing the ball away. No other QB does that and this explains the discrepancy between what we see and what this metric says.

19. IDFjet

IDFjet Well-Known Member

haha--but supposedly its completed pass air yards so we know that doesnt happen often after one of the ZW scrambles--oh wait, you think they independently measure avg time to throw across all occurrences--you're probably right

20. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

The point of the chart is that you can compare QBs based on where they are on it. No need for a relationship between the two stats.

REVISion likes this.