Saleh is entering a dangerous spot

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by The80sJets, Sep 17, 2023.

1. The80sJets

The80sJets Active Member

I think every Jets fan myself included likes Robert Saleh. He seems like a great guy who is easy to root for. However, he’s embarking on dangerous territory.

The guy is 1-7 in his last eight games. If he loses his next 2 you have to wonder if players will start to turn on him.

If Woody asks the players why they aren’t meeting expectations they won’t point the finger at themselves. They will blame the coaches.

Ultimately I don’t think Saleh, Ulbrich, and Hackett are the best Xs and Os guys. Belichick and OBrien will have their team better prepared because they know more football and our better strategists.

NYJetsO12 and James Hasty like this.
  2. jets4848

jets4848 Trolls

Saleh ain’t entering shit all they gonna do is blame this season on Aaron rodgers getting injured and hype us up for next year. Even if they do somehow fire saleh they’ll just hire another clown has no winning track record. The woodys are a joke. Last 6 coaches they hired have been clowns with no proven track records. Seems like they are hiring coaches based on “personality”. When will they hire coached based on winning?

REVISion likes this.
  3. The80sJets

The80sJets Active Member

I wanted Doug Peders but I bet he didn’t want the job.

REVISion and SOJAZ like this.
  4. jets4848

jets4848 Trolls

they passed on a lot of proven coaches thru out the years for first time coaches with “good personality’s”. Mike McCarthy interviews for the jets job only for saleh to get it. The woodys have no clue wtf they doing. When was the last time a coach coached his full contract?

5. The80sJets

The80sJets Active Member

actually Gase got the Jets job over McCarthy.

Frenbar likes this.
  6. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

Okay that's enough, ban this guy.

7. jets4848

jets4848 Trolls

Ya my fault
    You’re right which was so smart, saleh beat out Daboll. Which shows how good the Johnson’s are at evaluating coaches

8. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

Ban him? Why? For posting what many are thinking?

I was surprised this week when a discussion here revealed that another Jets forum actually does ban posters who don't follow the company line. It appears in this and at least one other thread that you and others think that's a good idea. We're here to discuss what's right and wrong with the team, not to act like the pep squad.

9. JetsUK

JetsUK Well-Known Member

Saleh will get sacked after next season (as will JD) as you can't sack the whole team and that's about the only thing ownership can do even though it never really seems to make any difference - Jets will win about 5 or 6 games this season then about 3 next year (Rodgers won't be back in any meaningful sense), we will get a top 5 draft pick in the 2025 draft, miss out on the best QB prospect, settle for the next best who will then turn out to be terrible and the cycle will continue until the end of time.(only interrupted by bringing in the odd aging journeyman veteran who will surprise with a half decent season where we win 8 games)

10. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

Just more reasons not to post on this stupid site.

dawinner127 likes this.
  11. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

Are you chained up in Brook's basement and forced to play here?

12. SOXXX2

SOXXX2 Well-Known Member

Seems picture perfect for Woody to insert Rex Ryan into the HC position if Saleh failed here. Keep everything else in place.

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  13. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

You're correct, I 'm not. But at this point that is a very apt analogy.

SOJAZ likes this.
  14. Jersey Joe 67

Jersey Joe 67 Well-Known Member

Don't worry I hear Saleh has another t-shirt slogan ready to print to get this team ready for the Pats.

15. JetsUK

JetsUK Well-Known Member

Bad Gas
    No Naked Flames?

SackExchange69 likes this.
  16. Donttasemebro

Donttasemebro Well-Known Member

Saleh may get canned. JD will not. Right or wrong...last years draft buys JD a couple more years.

papapump and barfolomew like this.
  17. Gremlin

Gremlin Well-Known Member

So we're going to fire the guy he hired to give him another chance at hiring the new guy because after 37 draft picks he's got us a nice Guard, A CB who doesn't travel, A quality RB in a league that devalues the position and a WR who gives us the only punch on offense due to the lack of having any kind of second WR threat or pass catching TE?

And as he gets a pass for the new guy settling in, we're giving JD another couple of drafts to find us a QB, LT, Edge given his track record in that and Free agency?

18. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

If the Jets are going to make the move, they need to do it all at once. We’ve had these glued together pairings since Bradway was ousted.

Hire a GM, let him hire the head coach without any strings attached to it.

It’s a bit early to talk about that though.

19. semperfigreen

semperfigreen Well-Known Member

No way JD gets a second shot with another coach, he got a pass with Gase, he won't this time. He also missed on crucial picks with Bust Wilson and Meki Buston. Failed to fix oline, terrible drafting and unable to hire a competent head coach in the 4 years he has been here. He needs to go if they decide to fire Saleh.

HomeoftheJets, stinkyB and Cman68 like this.
  20. IDFjet

IDFjet Well-Known Member

I like Saleh as most do, but this zw cheerleading is bs and will not help. It brings to mind Rex's "he gives us the best chance to win" bs with Sanchez. It really means we are going to lose and we're not going to change anything. Fuck that.

papapump and stinkyB like this.