Gutsy performance by Wilson

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Jonathan_Vilma, Sep 11, 2023.

1. Yankee6

Yankee6 Well-Known Member

No Chance. We are going to hear the same shit like always. Zach is our QB, we believe in Zach.

2. jets4848

jets4848 Trolls

Blame this on ownership for keeping bufoons around who can't evaluate talent. You think Zw would still be starting with Bellichek, Andy Reid, Mike Mccarthy or any competent coach?

3. REVISion

REVISion Well-Known Member

Yeah, I thought this right after I posted.

I guess there are no easy answers. Zach is terrible. The offensive line is terrible. The receivers are questionable.

There's a large part of me that wants to clean house. Too many dumb draft picks (even considering the good ones). Too much complacency regarding the OL. Even the Rodgers trade was a glorified band-aid.

4. IBLEEDGREEN17

IBLEEDGREEN17 Well-Known Member

this loss was 100% oline. zach played fine until he had to push the ball downfield down 17 facing parsons in his mouth every play

5. Yankee6

Yankee6 Well-Known Member

shit if he was a 2nd or 3rd round pick he would be gone already. Jets cant admit they were wrong. Even after time and time again we see very little to make us think he might have something in him to be the leader of this team. This game was FAR from just being on him so I dont want to make it sound like I blame him for the loss.

HomeoftheJets likes this.
  6. Pepsiguy5

Pepsiguy5 Well-Known Member

I think two things can be true at once.

Zach has been a terrible use of the #2 overall pick and is almost for 100.00% not the long term answer.

But also lets be honest. This was just the Cowboy's day today. The tackles were getting torched, AVT and McGovern broke down badly on one bad play, Parsons was everywhere at once, Cook lost a brutal fumble, the Jets got bad luck with some critical penalties when the game was still kind of undecided.... it was just an awful day all around. I'd definitely stay with Zach Wilson right now over Boyle. The chances and leash should be rapidly running out but for at least right now he's the best thing available and the Jets need to keep hugging him.

KY Jets Fan and LostInMA like this.
  7. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

Oh wait, so who cares about fixing the bigger problem first, ie the OL, that’s utter BS, AR could not have done shit today, and he didn’t even survive three plays. Utter nonsense. With no running game we are dead.

burf and ColoradoContrails like this.
  8. dawinner127

dawinner127 Well-Known Member

Rodgers would have made no difference in this game today if he played.

9. typeOnegative13NY

typeOnegative13NY Well-Known Member

Maybe even worse honestly. One of our scores came off of zack running most of the drive

10. MDJets

MDJets Well-Known Member

The whole team played bad today. It s simple.
    ZW had couple of good moments and wasn’t good in some. We can’t put our defense on the field for 40 minutes though. OL got to play better. And ZW has to as well as he is our QB whether we like it or not, and until he is beaten out by someone.

11. jets4848

jets4848 Trolls

No one can beat him when Brian Boyle is your backup. Might as well as bring Steveler back so he never gets beat out

12. REVISion

REVISion Well-Known Member

I don't really agree with this but it's hilariously/sadly not a bad point overall.

13. JackBower

JackBower Well-Known Member

If you have a plan to even improve it I'm all ears.

Jets can sign a QB off the streets, or Boyle, and it'll most likely be a big improvement.

Centiment likes this.
  14. LostInMA

LostInMA Active Member

Seibert seems to be an OK replacement for Greg

Pepsiguy5 likes this.
  15. ILoveTheJets

ILoveTheJets Active Member

I am ready to move on from Zachary after the season, he really sucks

16. NOVAJET

NOVAJET "2020 TGG Fantasy Football Champ"

Blame list for me is:
    1: Offensive line (should be 1, 2 and 3)
    2: Offensive Coordinator
    3: Defense
    4: ZW
    ZW sucks, I tell everyone I know Zach sucks. I'm not blind to Zachs problems but holy hell the OL was disgusting, lack of run plays inexcusable, distribution of snaps for RBs awful, drop by Sauce could have been game changing as well as the rest of the defense getting repeatedly beaten when we needed it most. Group effort but putting Zach on top of the blame list is f'n lazy. Rodgers would have looked worse in that first half because the only reason we weren't boat raced in the first half is Zachs ability to move. Just ranting but the "Carr would have been the better move" agenda is stupid and widely considered a week ago to be so, also the should have picked that shitty tackle over Sauce is stupid, same with the should have traded up and taken the other shitty tackle last draft is stupid.

KY Jets Fan, Jets69 and dawinner127 like this.
  17. NOVAJET

NOVAJET "2020 TGG Fantasy Football Champ"

Excuse the rant, just frustrated af but willing to let it go considering it was an NFC team and won't matter much but if they don't wake up against Pats I will go the Vader route and give in to the darkside.

18. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

On the list of reasons why the Jets lost today, Zach is well down it.

Begin with the OL. Again, they sucked. Yes, a lot of that had to do with playing a great D, but they were terrible. Zach actually did well to avoid some bigger sacks and made some good plays with his legs.

Sticking with the offense, WTF game plan was Hackett running? What happened to the plan like last Monday, using Breece, screens, multiple TEs? Did Dallas really take all that away, or did Hackett just outsmart himself? And how about opening things up and letting Zach throw earlier in the game when it wouldn't have been so predictable as when they were down multiple scores in the 4th? They're never going to get the offense working keeping the handcuffs on Zach. He's going to make some mistakes, but they have to learn to live with that while he works through them.

Then there was the defense who must have been reading its own press clippings because they couldn't get Dallas off the field, and they made killer mistakes at crucial times putting the Jets in a hole that Zach was almost never going to be able to get out of?

Zach didn't cost them this game by a long shot. And certainly no QB available right now would've done any better, and I doubt Rodgers would've frankly.

NY Jets68, burf and James Hasty like this.
  19. Pepsiguy5

Pepsiguy5 Well-Known Member

I think saying a healthy Aaron Rodgers, one of literally the best QBs ever to play NFL football, wouldn't have done any better today than Zach Wilson is going a tad too far.

Centiment, Ralebird, stinkyB and 2 others like this.