Best QBs Available?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by heartpumpsgreen, Sep 11, 2023.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bicketybam

bicketybam Well-Known Member

I ask you the same question.

2. The80sJets

The80sJets Active Member

Minshew likely wanted to go to place where he had a chance to start. I doubt he wanted to come here to compete with another guy for a backup spot.

Zach for all his faults isn’t a terrible backup for a game or two. He’s actually not a huge interception guy unless he’s facing the Patriots. 40 percent of his career picks have come in 2 games against Belichick.

barfolomew likes this.
  3. The80sJets

The80sJets Active Member

Every Jets fan should be watching college football this year. Good chance one of these kids is our next great hope.

4. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

The topic here is about getting another quarterback. Your last post #257 had absolutely nothing to do with quarterbacks, you simply butted into a conversation I was having with another poster, not to join in the discussion, but to throw hand grenade nonsense. As usual.

BrowningNagle and barfolomew like this.
  5. bicketybam

OBJECTION!

6. Gremlin

Gremlin Well-Known Member

Word from the last training camp he attended was that his arm was gone.

BrowningNagle and ouchy like this.
  7. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

Hey Joe Caleb Williams is awesome but it seems not feasible barring a disaster

what do you think of Spencer Rattler? I think he’s tough as nails and really good despite having no line. No RB, and injuries at WR

8. BrowningNagle

So many of us said we needed a better backup QB

9. BrowningNagle

I hate that proposal. Wait a few weeks, Minnesota will be in last place and dump Cousins for far less than that

10. Section 336

Section 336 Well-Known Member

I expect us to win a couple of the next few games with Zach looking like dog shit.
    That’s when it will get interesting with the Zach’s our guy talk,

11. Ralebird

You should ask yourself why you feel so threatened by my mere presence here that you must come out of nowhere to make irrelevant comments about things you're not involved in.

#271 Ralebird, Sep 17, 2023
    Last edited: Sep 17, 2023
    joe likes this.
  12. Ralebird

The guy we have now is "not that good," but he's here. The comparison you made fails when Wilson fits the same criteria you used.

Nobody suggested that anyone should come in and immediately replace Wilson but his total body of work indicates that he has not demonstrated he can consistently, competently run an NFL offense; you may expect that has changed, I have seen nothing to lead me down that path. Regardless of who the Jets get to fill the void in the quarterback ranks Wilson will be the guy until he removes himself from the situation. The job is his to lose. A free agent who has demonstrated competence is what the team needs now rather than nonsense talk about Randall Cobb being able to be a fill-in quarterback. I get the idea that there's a handful of people here who are so invested in Wilson that they would do anything, regardless of how many games it may cost, to avoid challenging him.

The priority is winning football games rather than protecting someone's ego or psyche; there are 53 guys invested in winning and they need to be given the best chance.

#272 Ralebird, Sep 17, 2023
    Last edited: Sep 18, 2023
  13. Borat

Borat Well-Known Member

I just don't see where the comparison fails, but I made myself as clear as I can be, there is no reason to repeat.

Where I think we fundamentally disagree as far as path forward is that you want to get a free agent right now who did not demonstrate much competence last year, but only did so in the past. At this stage there is a big reason why the free agents you speak of are indeed free agents. Pickings are slim. So, I want to get someone better by giving up assets and trading for one who was more competent last year, like Brissett for instance - if we need him. However, I am not prepared to give up these assets right now before I know if Zach can be competent. This will take a game or two. Then if he is, I am in favor of getting a free agent like you describe, and if not, I want someone better than all remaining free agents. I think we might just have to agree to disagree on that.

ColoradoContrails likes this.
  14. Ralebird

The reasoning is quite simple - Randall Cobb is not a viable NFL quarterback - even for half a game. I also believe that many here do not want a quarterback anywhere near this team who will challenge Zach Wilson while I believe competition makes a team stronger.

15. Jets69

Jets69 Well-Known Member

Everyone needs to calm down, just wait another, 13yrs, we'll trade for Jordan Love

16. bicketybam

How is someone going to challenge Wilson for the job at this point? This isn't the first week of training camp. If they make a change it will because Wilson fails during the season. It's not like whoever they sign in camo is going to be so great practicing with the 2's that they decide to promote him.

17. JetFanInNE

JetFanInNE Well-Known Member

The next 3 are Dallas, New England, Kansas City. I fully expect Zach to look like dog shit the next few, I just don’t see what game we win out of those

18. bicketybam

Even with Rodgers the only game we would have been favored in is the NE game.

NY Jets68 and JetFanInNE like this.
  19. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

It depends on whether Year 3 Zach is better than Year 1 or 2 Zach. If he is, then I see what you're saying. If not, then there are multiple guys on the street who could come in and beat him out. Hopefully the reason we haven't brought anyone in yet is because the front office wants to see how Zach does today and then decide how aggressive to be with bringing someone in. Though I'm afraid that's giving them too much credit.

20. bicketybam

Define beat him out. Seriously. One will be playing live NFL games. The other would be practicing with the 2's.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.