Gutsy performance by Wilson

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Jonathan_Vilma, Sep 11, 2023.

1. jets4848

jets4848 Trolls

don’t forget joe Douglas you didn’t read well enough

2. SOJAZ

SOJAZ Well-Known Member

NO ne didn't. The D and ST won the game as did GW spectular catch... he is not the answer.

3. jets4848

jets4848 Trolls

In his defense he did have that one good throw that was right on target and accurate to milano. Wonder how many other elite qbs in the league can make that throw

4. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

This shit is getting really old and it’s been less than 24 hours

5. SOJAZ

SOJAZ Well-Known Member

What hate? I been reading all these comments and they are critiques...not hate. Hate would be... I wish he would die because he sucks as a QB and we can never win with him... that is hate.

Ralebird, IDFjet, twown and 1 other person like this.
  6. mrjet80

mrjet80 Well-Known Member

Fair points…….I saw a slight uptick in his demeanor - yes bad INT - but this time he seemed to put it behind him rather than let it hover which turns into more mistakes and INTs - he didn’t press.

They need to design a nice little game plan for him - let him air it out downfield a few times - maybe first half 2 or 3 times take a shot. Let’s see exactly how he responds so the coaching staff knows exactly how to plan and where they stand for the more crucial game week 3.

dmw and ColoradoContrails like this.
  7. Sandman

Sandman Well-Known Member

GW did amazing for that pass. Lets not sugar coat it, was not the best pass. But so many QB's put it up there like that and get bailed out by outstanding receivers. I am kind of pleased that ZW did it, worst case GW was going to bat it away.

Brook!, dmw, All Gas No Shake and 4 others like this.
  8. jets4848

jets4848 Trolls

no worse case the defender does a better job and it gets picked killing another red zone drive and the momentum of the game. 99 out of 100 times gw doesn’t catch that ball so that proves the pass was shit

IDFjet likes this.
  9. twown

twown Well-Known Member

This is 2023. All criticism = hatred.

IDFjet likes this.
  10. twown

twown Well-Known Member

Agreed. To be fair to Zach, that type of pass is never a situation where the receiver is "open." The receiver has his eyes on the ball, the defender does not, and you throw it out there and let your man try to exploit that advantage and make a play.

Was it a good pass? Just good enough, apparently.

11. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

So he s to blame because Aaron got hurt on that shit astroturf

12. jets4848

jets4848 Trolls

aaron had 1 second to throw every single play, if he didn’t get injured that play he would have eventually as any other qb so yes he is to blame for still neglecting the offensive line

13. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

For me it’s the incessant whining and nitpicking a TD throw that ended up being complete because of a great play by the WR. I don’t think Zach is the answer. I don’t think we even make the playoffs. But Jesus Christ, we get it.

KY Jets Fan likes this.
  14. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

Yep, some rejoice on the gloom and doom for ever more. Instead of giving the whole team big kudos for an incredibly uplifting win after such devastating news they dwell on Zach, put in action under the God most awful and stressful circumstances, with a weak OL and no game plan for him. He held his own and got us a win against one of the best defenses in the league. One bad throw but kept his poise. Zach was once again put into action before he had a chance to turn his game around.most unfortunate. It will be a tough go but rooting for him 1000%

15. jets4848

jets4848 Trolls

no correction despite Zack Wilson having a below avg game the jets won the game. How many games will the jets win this season if Zack Wilson avgs 140 yard with 1 pick and 1 interception this year? Which seems to be his career norm

16. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

Agree, although we have added more pieces around the OL than anything, but still not jelling. BTW, same for Wilson, zero time, but that doesn’t stop some here for shitting all over him and not even noting that fact.

17. NYGalPal

NYGalPal Well-Known Member

Zach looked like Zach. A team that forces 4 turnovers shouldn’t need to go to overtime to win the game, tbh.

abyzmul likes this.
  18. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

Well, now that expectations are significantly lower, I don't see why they shouldn't play ZW the rest of the season. Everyone knows ZW isn't AR, not taking us to the SB and is the only QB presently on the roster so, like it or not, its ZW for the rest of '23. With this OL, I would be impressed if ZW actually survives this season in one piece. What I didn't like was the shortsighted decision by this CS NOT to suit up a emergency QB. Had ZW gotten hurt, there was NO ONE to take snaps. Ride it out with ZW. If he stinks up the joint again? No real reason to keep pretending Zach can become a FQB. This defense can win us some games, but we still have to outscore the other guy to win. Hackett doesn't impress me at all with his game planning but its only been one game. Against Dallas, Zach had better be on the move or he won't see the 3rd qtr.

19. IDFjet

IDFjet Well-Known Member

I was thinking they'd probably go wildcat if ZW got hurt--I think they need to come up with some packages actually. There's 2021 tape of Dalvin Cook taking snaps in the wildcat on twitter.
    [

20. SOJAZ

SOJAZ Well-Known Member

Peyton Manning is DISGUSTED watching Zach Wilson oh my God bro, I don't think I've ever seen him this disgusted watching a QB while he's been on MNF pic.twitter.com/AciD3p4UK3

— Video from: @TSV__1 (@TSV__1) September 12, 2023

abyzmul likes this.