Aaron Rodgers’ Injury - Return Date Watch

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by jixxjr, Sep 11, 2023.

1. Lon Chaney

Lon Chaney Well-Known Member

Reality setting in. I feel like I'm gonna puke.

I think the only realistic options are Foles or Wentz. maybe Minshew but I doubt he's available.

They have to bring in someone. Zach ain't it.

IIMeanDeanII and Ralebird like this.
  2. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

I'd like to say it was good while it lasted... but it never even got started... :confused:

IIMeanDeanII, JetFanInNE, dmw and 2 others like this.
  3. Barry the Baptist

Barry the Baptist Hello son, would you like a lolly?

We can't even get one fucking drive !!! I guess on the bright side we didn't invest 20 weeks in to this only for it to happen in the AFC Title game in KC

Brook! and NY Jets68 like this.
  4. Petrozza

Petrozza Administrator

The thing is Woody and Co. never built the team right. Yes, there's also a GM but ultimately it's Woody and Co. These clowns like these flashy signings of older players way too much. I can certainly understand that. I went to camp 3 times this year (first time in 10+ years) and #8 jerseys were everywhere. I am sure MetLife was filled with #8 jerseys last night as well. Woody is laughing all the way to the bank no matter what.
    They kept failing to draft a franchise QB, signed flashy veteran QBs (Favre and Rodgers), totally wasted two years with the Adam Gase fiasco when everyone but Woody and Co. knew it was going to be a disaster. Woody is 76.... so, 5-10 more years and then hope that someone who actually wants to win will buy the team. Yikes!

5. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

I agree, but it also depends on motivation. Kobe was 5 years younger but they said he’d miss the next season and he was lightly available for camp 6-7 months after surgery.

6. JetFanInPA

JetFanInPA Well-Known Member

Wow, fantastic work there Hackett......

NCJetsfan likes this.
  7. Barry the Baptist

The worst part of that was he was arguably the worst coach in franchise history and he couldn't even give us the #1 overall pick and Trevor Lawrence. At least Blowtite left Parcells with a 1 which of course used to ignore Orlando Pace

8. GQMartin

GQMartin Go 'Cuse

I prefer this scenario over going 11-3 and losing him just before the playoffs.

NCJetsfan and teamgreen like this.
  9. Barry the Baptist

I'm in the hockey world and Max Pacioretty missed 6 months came back played 5 games and tore it again. He is 34

10. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

Rodgers looked old even before the injury though, I think he is cooked now. We can talk through it and try to feel positive, i'll be shocked though if he suits up for the Jets again

11. Jetsfansince95

Jetsfansince95 Well-Known Member

Imagine how I feel. I finally got my season tickets, the stadium was so electric I felt like I was at the super bowl. at halftime I left because I couldn't bare to watch Zach play. I've been to over 500 sporting events and I have NEVER left before the game ended. until last night. it hurt too much.

Brook!, JetFanInNE and Lon Chaney like this.
  12. IDFjet

IDFjet Well-Known Member

I saw a couple other options mentioned--Davis Mills had a bit of success early on and Jameis Winston is still a backup somewhere. If somehow one could control Winston's fumbled snaps and bad interceptoins he'd be a good option.

13. All Gas No Shake

All Gas No Shake Well-Known Member

14. JetFanInPA

JetFanInPA Well-Known Member

So, so brutal. I don't think it's fully set in.

If I'm being honest, I was afraid this was going to happen during training camp. Felt pretty optimistic once he may made it through okay. And then this happens.

And man they looked damn solid last night. The hype was real. This team is really, really good. And yet may end up being a QB away yet again and we'll be left wondering what could have been.

So, so brutal. For us as fans it's among the biggest letdowns ever. And feel awful for Rodgers and every guy in that locker room. It's a great group. One of my favorite teams. They deserve better.

But the season isn't over yet. That win last night was just incredible. Gave me chills and still does this AM seeing highlights. This team has a lot to them. I just hope they don't get too down on themselves

Brook!, LAJet, NCJetsfan and 3 others like this.
  15. dmw

dmw Well-Known Member

Is Derek Carr available? LOL

BrowningNagle likes this.
  16. Jetsfansince95

Very well said!

17. mezzavo

mezzavo Well-Known Member

You seriously can't believe a guy, turning 40 in a few months, is actually going to rehab a full tear achillies and then come back, right? Rodgers career is over if he's smart. The NY Jets season is also done. I watched that Dallas/Giants game on Sunday. Did you? I'm not 100% certain that Zach Wilson gets out of Texas on his own two feet. Michah Parsons was in the Giants backfield in 1.74 seconds on multiple plays. As I stated in another thread, the 2023 NY Football Jets will do 2 things this season.

1. They will bring in someone utterly useless and this new QB and Zach Wilson combined will be lucky to win a couple of games...which leads us to #2
    2. They will 100% ensure that they win enough games to be completely out of the QB competition for the supposed top 2 QB in this draft
    3. I'll add a 3rd but it will be in next year's draft - They will, yet again, not deal with the O-line

18. Jetsfansince95

Come on @mezzavo the jets will win 7 games and pick a D lineman in the middle teens oh and they will pick last of the 7-10 teams. and play the raiders and broncos next season.

Lon Chaney likes this.
  19. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

I think it will be another wiiiiiild ride with 4 different QBs taking significant snaps at some point this season. That's gotta be like the 5th year in a row for the Jets, just insanity

20. IBLEEDGREEN17

IBLEEDGREEN17 Well-Known Member

FWIW, McAfee said he & Aaron's circle doesn't believe he ends it here