Tuesday August 29 Cutdown Day

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by CaptainCap, Aug 27, 2023.

1. KY Jets Fan

KY Jets Fan Moderator

Zack Rosenblatt:
    All in one place, some notable #Jets bubble players that made the cut — and some who didn’t — based on who is at practice:

In
    TE Kenny Yeboah
    WR Irv Charles
    WR Jason Brownlee
    WR Xavier Gipson
    LB Chazz Surratt
    S Ashtyn Davis
    CB Bryce Hall
    FB Nick Bawden

Out
    TE Zack Kuntz
    QB Tim Boyle
    DT Tanzel Smart
    WR Malik Taylor
    OL Trystan Colon

NCJetsfan likes this.
  2. KY Jets Fan

KY Jets Fan Moderator

Connor Hughes:
    #Jets 53-man roster for offense, it appears,

QB (2): Aaron Rodgers, Zach Wilson

RB (5): Breece Hall, Dalvin Cook, Michael Carter, Izzy, Bawden

WR (7): Garrett Wilson, Allen Lazard, Randall Cobb, Mecole Hardman, Xavier Gipson, Irv Charles, Jason Brownlee.

TE (4): CJ Uzomah, Tyler Conklin, Jeremy Ruckert, Kenny Yeboah

OL (10): Duane Brown, Laken Tomlinson, Connor McGovern, Alijah Vera-Tucker, Mekhi Becton, Billy Turner, Max Mitchell, Joe Tippmann, Wes Schweitzer, Carter Warren

ColoradoContrails and NCJetsfan like this.
  3. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

Gipson (not Gibson) made it.

4. NCJetsfan

I can't believe that Irv Charles made it. I don't think that he stood out at all. It also looks like they are keeping 7 WRs, which is unbelievable, although I think one of them, probably Charles will get cut when they sign a player cut (OT or CB).

Jets79 likes this.
  5. NCJetsfan

I'm glad that Yeboah made it. He should have. Can't believe that they're keeping 10 OL, either. They're also keeping 28 offensive players and only 22 defensive players. That's a bit of a shock.

6. KY Jets Fan

KY Jets Fan Moderator

Zack Rosenblatt:

#Jets initial roster based on practice. Adds up to 55, so still a move or two to be made.

QB (2): Aaron Rodgers, Zach Wilson

RB (5): Breece Hall, Dalvin Cook, Izzy Abanikanda, Michael Carter, Nick Bawden

WR (7): Garrett Wilson, Allen Lazard, Randall Cobb, Mecole Hardman, Jason Brownlee, Xavier Gipson, Irv Charles

TE (4): Tyler Conklin, CJ Uzomah, Jeremy Ruckert, Kenny Yeboah

OL (10): Duane Brown, Mekhi Becton, Max Mitchell, Billy Turner, Laken Tomlinson, AVT, Wes Schweitzer, Joe Tippmann, Connor McGovern, Carter Warren

DE (6): Jermaine Johnson, JFM, Carl Lawson, Bryce Huff, Will McDonald, Micheal Clemons

DT (4): Quinnen Williams, Al Woods, Quinton Jefferson, Solomon Thomas

LB (5): CJ Mosley, Quincy Williams, Jamien Sherwood, Chazz Surratt, Zaire Barnes

CB (5): Sauce Gardner, DJ Reed, MCII, Bryce Hall, Justin Hardee (Echols suspended)

S (4): Jordan Whitehead, Tony Adams, Ashtyn Davis, Adrian Amos

ST (3): Greg Zuerlein, Thomas Morstead, Thomas Hennessy

7. KY Jets Fan

KY Jets Fan Moderator

Main thing to remember is that this list will probably change tomorrow after waivers are processed, this is just the initial 53-man but it will probably not be the "final" 53-man roster.

8. NCJetsfan

Well, we won't have to worry about facing Vonn Miller when we play the Bills in week 1.

Adam Schefter
    @AdamSchefter
    ·
    2h
    Buffalo is leaving Von Miller on the Physically Unable to Perform List past Tuesday’s 4 pm ET deadline, which means he is ineligible to be active during the first four games of the season.
    [​IMG]

9. IDFjet

IDFjet Well-Known Member

Ya--or they cut either Cobb or Hardman or IR--are both of those guys practicing?

10. bicketybam

bicketybam Well-Known Member

Chosen Anderson. CUT!

NCJetsfan likes this.
  11. GQMartin

GQMartin Go 'Cuse

Kuntz is definitely a development player. He wasn't running correct routes and Rodgers ain't dealing with that.

12. Sec124DieHard

Sec124DieHard Well-Known Member

neither Hardman or Cobb is getting cut. There are only 2 NFL proven WRs on this roster besides them, and you think one of them would be cut for Irv F’ing Charles?? C’mon..

13. IDFjet

IDFjet Well-Known Member

No I dont--but i'm looking into all possibilities before I conclude we're carrying 7 WR's inlcuding IR possibility

14. Jets79

Jets79 Well-Known Member

I doubt the final 53 keeps 7 WR…probably one will get cut in the next day or two as all the cuts across the teams sort themselves out

NCJetsfan and IDFjet like this.
  15. NCJetsfan

Waiver claim process

A waived player can be claimed by any other team looking for more talent. For roster cutdowns, any player waived from Thursday to Tuesday’s deadline remains on waivers until Wednesday at Noon ET (more on deadlines below). During that time, teams will submit waiver claims, expressing their interest in specific players. At the end of the claim period (Noon ET on Wednesday, in this case), the team with the highest waiver priority is awarded the player and his current contract. Note: That player is immediately placed on their 53-man roster. You cannot put a waiver claim on the practice squad. Only free agents can be signed to the practice squad. If a player is not claimed in that window, their contract is terminated, they become a free agent, and they are free to sign anywhere, be it to a team’s 53-man roster or a practice squad.

LAJet likes this.
  16. NCJetsfan

I don't know if they're practicing. If Cobb is cut, it will only be a move to keep Warren and Jarrick Bernard Converse on the roster until all the players getting released is official. Then they can be placed on IR and come back this season. Cobb will the be re-signed.

Sec124DieHard and IDFjet like this.
  17. IDFjet

IDFjet Well-Known Member

I'm sure you're right but I'm just speculating on other possibilities.

For instance, maybe Hardmans finger injury is such he's going to be out for a few weeks--you can't put him onto IR prior to being on the 53--if they didn't want to lose Charles for whatever reason, they may carry Charles at the 7th and then move Hardman to IR after roster is complete.

This is very low probability but its ok to speculate on a NYJ message board--ideally any way--maybe not practically and I should learn that.

NCJetsfan likes this.
  18. NCJetsfan

Cobb could get cut, but just as a means of keeping either Carter Warren or Jarrick Bernard Converse on the roster until the roster is official, then they can put them on IR and they can come off of IR and practice this year; otherwise if they were put on IR before the roster is final, they wouldn't be eligible to come off IR and practice this year. Cobb won't go anywhere. It would just be a game the Jets play with the process. If they do it, they'll have his agreement to do this.

Moreland's injury must have been severe enough that he was going to need to be out all season or most of the year, because they've already placed him on IR.

IDFjet likes this.
  19. IDFjet

IDFjet Well-Known Member

That's very wise actually given Cobb does not have to clear waivers.

NCJetsfan likes this.
  20. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

Overall, pretty much as expected with a couple of surprises, 7 WRs tells me one Is on the bubble during post cuts moves. Charles probably will be brought back to the PS. I hope Colon and Kuntz make the PS. Wondering what areas JD is targeting post cuts. OT, LB?
    I am also guessing there might be one or two potential short term IR players.

NCJetsfan, KY Jets Fan and Jets79 like this.