The New England encounter

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by JUNJOBX2199, Jan 13, 2007.

1. JUNJOBX2199

JUNJOBX2199 New Member

I run a body shop in south florida and I write estimates for people. I had a New England fan come in. The guy's in his late thirties and see my Jets picture's .He ask me if Im a Jets fan (Duh) and goes on to tell me that his team beat us soundly,he also adds that his boy's are headed to the super bowl.......(Dear god why does the customer have to be right all the time) I bite my touge and write the estimate on his car, all the time he's telling me how good Brady is and seeing Wilfork run was amazing. (Im Just about at my witts end) I hand the customer his estimate and he doesnt even look at it ,he continues to talk about beating the chargers and "We will stop Tomlinson and force rivers to throw it,eliminate gates ,easy" (Iv lost it!)
    I tell this guy hey ,Our game ended when Chad got picked period! You Guy's should induct Mo lewis into your hall of fame and you should be writing and sending him christmas card for the rest of your life. He laugh's and say's no we would have gone with brady later in that year anyway. If we ever win a Super bowl in my life time ,will I or we become as annoying as this guy. I hope not!

2. johnny

johnny Well-Known Member

I hope we get a chance to find out real soon.

3. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

The New England fans right now are payback to New Yorkers for all the years of Yankee fans sticking it to the Sox fans. Doesn't feel really good does it?

Of course I'm a fricking Mets fan so I get it both ways... ARGH

4. Murrell2878

Murrell2878 Lets go JETS!

I hate Patriots fans.

5. A.C.E.S

A.C.E.S New Member

I hate patriots EVERYTHING.

6. championjets69

championjets69 2008/2009 TGG Darksider Award Winner

I will suggest the same thing for U that I suggested to Dino. If you do not like living in another teams area nobody is holding a gun to your head to stay there now are they? This is America you do not need papers to move from one place to another so if the Pat fans so PUO just pack up & find a nice friendly NYJ area where to live.

Actually IMHO silly stuff like what you posted belongs in the BS section

7. Dinobot 2

Dinobot 2 Active Member

^ Yes champ. This is america. Which means we can live in PA or wherever, root for the Jets and bitch about the Eagles. Cause this is America. I'm puzzled to why you this would bother you in the first place.

Don't answer that.

And champ, before you start trolling around demanding that threads should be in the BS section perhaps you should work on starting a few of your topics in the NFL section instead of the Jets forum as I have had to move a couple of them since they had nothing to do with the Jets. Afterwards maybe you can gripe. K.

8. ollie

ollie Right Wing NutJob

That's total crap... You could never get more than 3 Red Sox fans in a room without a Yankees Suck chant breaking out,ever...they could be at a funeral and all of a sudden YANKEES SUCK!!!! YANKEES SUCK!!!!... New England fans have been acting that way forever ... that's why they're called MASSHOLES...

It wasn't the Yankee fans .... never has been

9. EcKo151

EcKo151 Active Member

That's a great point. All the laughing and beatdowns we gave BlowSox since FOREVER, minus that dark year. The Dynasty, the 4 World Series, and the constant winning over Bawston.

Now in football, are us Jets/Yankees fans getting payback? Ourselves witnessing a Dynasty, 3 Super Bowls, and constant losing to the Patriots while Bostonians are the ones laughing at us.

It sucks.

10. Footballgod214

Footballgod214 Well-Known Member

I hope you added the "Patriots Tax" to his estimate. The dudes an idiot. At least wait until you get the estimate b4 running your yap. That's the kind of guy who has spit running out of his cheesburger.

11. Dirtywater

Dirtywater 2005 Award Winner: Best non-Jets fan poster/Best S

Yawn...

Every team has good and bad fans. Classy and obnoxious fans.

Move along.... :breakdance:

12. ollie

ollie Right Wing NutJob

The level of Yankee fan taunting after winning 26 championships never rose to the level of Pats fan after winning 3. Like I said before... It's just the way the MASSHOLE acts...

13. EcKo151

EcKo151 Active Member

Speak for yourself. Every chance my friends and I even saw a RedSox fan it was full of "1918" and laughing at them seeing how superior the Yankees always were over Boston. And i'd consider it a safe bet that most Yankees fans would easily tease them.

Now on my #1 team, i'm the one getting teased and I just see New England winning while the fans hold up 3 fingers and blast my ear on how great of a Dynasty they are...

14. ollie

ollie Right Wing NutJob

Of course there's teasing... that's what sports and rivalries are all about... NE fans just bring it to a higher level... and Red Sox fans brought the abuse on themselves. Like I said before, you couldn't get more than 3 of them in a room without Yankees suck breaking out... and that was when they were losing...

15. rajensen088

rajensen088 Banned

I hope the estimate was padded about 300%. He's a Pat fan and wouldn't even know he had been taken. Take the difference and put it on the Chargers. Win - Win.

16. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 2018 Funniest Member Award Winner

You should have told him he had frame damage.

17. Br4d

I could be wrong, but I'm guessing that you weren't a Yankees fan in 1978.

I grew up about a half mile from the stadium just over the river in Washington Heights and although I was a Mets fan I got to Yankees games now and then when my friends from the neighborhood (Yankees fans all) wanted to go.

Anyway, we used to walk down the 155th street viaduct and go across to the stadium. It's a relatively short walk if you go through the handball courts that are on the river side of the stadium and a long-ass walk from hell if you have to follow the roadway and curve around to River Avenue.

There was a particular hole in the fence at the handball courts that was carefully maintained by the fans. About twice a year the city would fix the hole and it would get cut out again pretty quickly thereafter. It was the only route through to the stadium on that side of the highway.

So, my friends and I come walking down to the hole like usual for a late season game between the Yankees and the Sox and we see this 40 year old guy climbing the fence (we're talking like a 20 foot fence here, designed to keep the balls off the highway) with a group of younger guys laughing at him as he climbed. They were holding his Sox cap and told him the only way he got it back was if he climbed the fence.

That kind of stuff happened all the time in the late 70's when the Yankees started winning world series again.

18. ollie

ollie Right Wing NutJob

I was 6 in 1978....

and the guy climbing the fence sounds more like a hold up than anything else... I mean you are talking about NYC in the 70's... competely different crowd these days

19. typeOnegative13NY

typeOnegative13NY Well-Known Member

:lol: :lol: sell your house,take your kids outa school and away from their friends,pack up and move. All because you got grief from another teams fan. :up:

And,how is South Florida Patriots territory? If anything it's Jets terrirtory,because the Dolphins don't even have a fan base in florida

20. Br4d

Nope, not a holdup. The guys making him climb were just Yankee fans who were a bit full of themselves.

Patriots fans right now are a bit full of themselves. They think the ride will go on forever, when in fact NFL history tells you it is almost over.