Hard Luck? (Jets Selected for Hard Knocks)

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Acad23, Jun 26, 2023.

1. BacktoQueens

BacktoQueens Well-Known Member

Jeez that’s real life Deebo

Nyjets4eva and Acad23 like this.
  2. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

Watching Aaron Rodgers is like watching a football Jedi master.

Although was that him trying to sit off by himself behind a white board during halftime? Was he trying to meditate?

REVISion likes this.
  3. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

Great episode. Absolutely loved that speech from Saleh destroying the OL. Very confident we have the right guy running the show.

4. BleedJetsGreen1981

BleedJetsGreen1981 Well-Known Member

The Jets need to hire that mentalist so he can tell them what plays opposing teams are running.

bmfc1 and dawinner127 like this.
  5. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

For those who haven't seen the episode, you can see the speech at the Tweet ID: BoyGreen25/status/1691645355287293956. Time for Douglas to get us an offensive tackle.

dawinner127 likes this.
  6. Nyjets4eva

Nyjets4eva Well-Known Member

Damn I wish I had HBO

7. Jetsruby

Jetsruby Well-Known Member

Lot of good moments. Mentalist was fun. Most of it was good. Being picky, they spent too much time on McDonald's first sack (didnt even get to Jermaine). Also would have loved to see the reaction for Vigil's 4th down stop.

I really liked when Hard Knocks would have features on roster bubble players and we follow their story and see how they perform in preseason games (ex: Cajuste, Woodhead, etc...). Still love it, but they are taking a broader approach, I think it will saturate soon. Would love to follow Brownlee, Surratt, Malik, some other guys.

cval likes this.
  8. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

I guess we know what Michael Carter's jersey number will be on his next team.

BacktoQueens and dawinner127 like this.
  9. GQMartin

GQMartin Go 'Cuse

After having a night to digest the episode.

Jets content aside, that probably was the best episode of Hard Knocks I’ve seen.

Brook!, bmfc1 and BleedJetsGreen1981 like this.
  10. dawinner127

dawinner127 Well-Known Member

That scene last night with Becton and Rodgers was so good. Rodgers is obviously aware that Becton is one of the most talented OL. We need to get him in that starting 5 somehow.

Also seeing Rodgers always playing with the grass just to remember Metlife is turf :oops:

KY Jets Fan and Brook! like this.
  11. bicketybam

bicketybam Well-Known Member

I'm going to watch it now. From everything I've read it was an excellent episode!

12. dawinner127

dawinner127 Well-Known Member

Yeah it was really good. Saleh with a banger again + the opener was cool.

KY Jets Fan likes this.
  13. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

I liked this episode more than episode 1. I am glad Saleh dressed down the offensive line like that. I also thought it was pretty funny that Sauce Gardner had no clue who Josh McCown was

oh yeah and the rookie talent show really sucked. WTF they gotta do better than that

#353 BrowningNagle, Aug 16, 2023
    Last edited: Aug 16, 2023
    abyzmul and KY Jets Fan like this.
  14. bicketybam

Excellent episode!

I'm glad the Jets were picked for a bunch of obvious reasons, but getting to see Saleh behind the scenes has been a real eye opener for me. They way he went after the OL was perfect. He's the right mixture of positivity with the occasional tongue lashing mixed in. I can see why his players love him.

There was a lot of Rodgers in this episode and I didn't mind it at all. He the leader of the team, whether you like him or not. He's either the best actor ever or his negative reputation was completely overblown. And you can see his effect on Zach Wilson. His interaction with Becton was very encouraging.

The DL is stacked. We could have the best DL in the league. I really enjoyed the WMD segment. This guy has an innate ability to get to the QB. He's going to be fun to watch. I was scratching my head when they picked him but it looks like JD saw something special in him, and you can tell Saleh loves him.

Q is another guy that is fun to watch. He's really got a great sense of humor too. I don't see him doing a Mo Wilkerson on us. Not a chance.

Just an outstanding episode and the credits scene was great. My only complaint is that they didn't use this classic line from Naked Gun

NCJetsfan and KY Jets Fan like this.
  15. Brook!

Brook! Soft Admin...2018 Friendliest Member Award Winner

Lazard clarified this actually. Don't ask me for a link. Google it as I heard it on Radio but Lazard said Rodgers we see in New York is exactly the same Rodgers that was in Green Bay. He is being himself and apparently his bad repuation has been unwarranted. Yes I know Lazard is a friend but still. I think Rodgers is genuine and I am loving every minute of it. My 2 Rodgers jerseys are in transit from China!

16. NJJets

NJJets Well-Known Member

Maybe I need to watch it again, it seems the consensus is it was a great episode but I found it pretty bland and basic. There’s no depth to the players, no positional battles…. Way too much time on a magician, the rookie show was atrocious. Like, sit down with Mekhi, I wanna hear some of his struggle from his side. I just seem to recall a lot more personal stories and sidebar plots in prior years. I do very much appreciate that they’re not filming cuts. I always found that part to be distasteful.

NCJetsfan and KY Jets Fan like this.
  17. BrowningNagle

I will agree it is surface level, unfortunately its gonna be that way every episode as someone in the media noted the Jets have to sign off on every episode

KY Jets Fan likes this.
  18. bicketybam

It might have been too much time on the magician but how in the world did he do that?? That was fucking mind blowing!

19. BrowningNagle

you can tell why he was so good for so long. He thinks ahead of others out there

abyzmul and Acad23 like this.
  20. Jetsruby

Jetsruby Well-Known Member

I think 2010 still had the best episodes so far but yeah it was good. If the rookie show was fire instead of garbage and we followed some bubble players/more Ron Middleton I might agree it could be top.

GQMartin likes this.