Dalvin Cooks signs with Jets - 1 year deal

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Brook!, Jun 8, 2023.

1. tomdeb

tomdeb Well-Known Member

Perhaps this signing speaks a lot about how (un)ready the jets think Hall really is to play. Saleh had been saying all summer Hall will be back by week 1.

2. Jetsruby

Jetsruby Well-Known Member

Wait are you saying both Carter and Hall don't make the 53?! !?

Because I would seriously object to the possibility of that.

3. Jetsruby

I thought so too but many on the beat saying they hear otherwise, that Hall will be ready for Week 1 and Dalvin will ease some of Hall's load recovering from the injury. If so, sounds more like Bam will be cut.

tomdeb and BrooklynJetsFan like this.
  4. joe

joe Well-Known Member

Knuckles Cook

5. joe

joe Well-Known Member

. . . . . Eight, eighteen or eighty.....Knuckles Cook
    . . . . . . likes fistin' the ladies.....
    • [​IMG]

#365 joe, Aug 14, 2023
    Last edited: Aug 14, 2023
  6. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

The fuck is going on here

KY Jets Fan and Acad23 like this.
  7. IIMeanDeanII

IIMeanDeanII Well-Known Member

So you are judging someone based on rumors and speculation?

To each their own I guess. Sounds unfair to me. I'll root for him without judgment until proven otherwise.

8. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

Bam is the better blocker of the two, and Bam can also return kickoffs. It will be interesting to see what the Jets do.

9. NCJetsfan

Actually, I think Bam breaks more tackles than Carter, but Carter makes more tacklers miss than Bam. Bam is the better pass blocker I believe.

Like you, I don't have a dog in the fight, so I won't be bothered either way. It will be interesting to see what the Jets do.

Nyjets4eva likes this.
  10. NCJetsfan

LOL! Right you are! So we're divided three ways, and not just two. That's more like it!

Nyjets4eva likes this.
  11. NCJetsfan

The problem is that I believe Bam is the best pass protector of all the RBs we have outside of Hall. He's better than Carter and Izzy for certain, and I think that I've read here that Cook doesn't make much of an effort to block.

12. LogeSection2RowJ

LogeSection2RowJ Well-Known Member

All Michael Carter needs is a cool nickname like “Bam” for more Jets fans to want to keep him over Knight.

13. york61

york61 Well-Known Member

I am not that crazy about the move. I agree with NYPalGal that anyone that beats up on women is not the kinda guy I want on the Jets. Hopeuflly JD can parlay this move into trading one of the RBs for OT. I really wanted for Abenikanda to make the team. The guy runs a 4.26 40. Anyway, I thought the move was not needed and might throw off the chemistry on the team. From a stat point of you Ban looks like the odd guy out. As for Cook, he just signed a 1 year deal so the Jets are sacraficing team chemistry for a women beater with a questionable repaired wing.

papapump and NYJetsO12 like this.
  14. KingRoach

KingRoach Well-Known Member

Bawden is a much better blocker than Bam. He also has about 3” and 30 lbs on him.

We’ve all seen the RB market, no one is taking Bam from our practice squad.

15. joe

joe Well-Known Member

Just a reference to Cook's penchant for slugging women during his FSU days down in Tallahassee. . J-E-T-S, JETS, JETS, JETS and all that .but the guy's a steaming lowlife piece of shit in the Joe Mixon mold when it comes to women....

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  16. BacktoQueens

BacktoQueens Well-Known Member

Say what you will about the RB FA market, Cook, Hunt, Fournette….they all have good punch.

Lon Chaney likes this.
  17. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

A self-proclaimed victim never files a police report of an incident and takes a year to file a civil suit against a wealthy former lover. That's plenty of information to cause one pause before determining anyone's guilt or innocence based simply on claims and counterclaims.

Dalvin Cook domestic violence incident, explained: What to know about litigation involving Vikings running back | Sporting News

Of course, some find that headlines alone are sufficient to excoriate someone even to the point that they will totally disregard the fact that a jury, having heard all the evidence regarding the serious criminal complaint took only a half hour to exonerate the accused. For many, apparently, that fact gets disregarded in favor of the unproven charges years later.

Florida State Seminoles RB Dalvin Cook found not guilty in battery case - ESPN

#377 Ralebird, Aug 15, 2023
    Last edited: Aug 15, 2023
    hornblower likes this.
  18. BacktoQueens

BacktoQueens Well-Known Member

I’m not necessarily advocating for that, but look at the numbers.
    If we get stuck having to carry 10OL due to uncertainty, and 2QBs, and most likely 6 WRs…that leaves 7 spots for RB and TE……and we almost definitely keeping a FB.
    So who are the other 6 RBs and TEs total?
    It could force Carter, Knight and Kuntz out.

Hall on PUP would temporarily leave one spot open, but very temporarily.
    Finding a way to limit the OL to 9 (cutting Turner) could open another spot, but that would require 9 healthy that you could count on. I’m hoping for that.
    Putting Cobb on PUP could open another.
    They gonna have to get creative somehow, but good chance 2 of the 3 I mentioned aren’t making the 53 once Hall back.
    Carter should be traded for whatever we can get.

19. Jetsruby

Adams trade seems so remote to me at this point for a number of reasons. The cap situation is not as friendly as you might think (we already played all our cards and cap tricks to squeeze it down). The Raiders would have to want to trade him (this assumes McDaniels would want to do the trade - and the Raiders have a bad year. Also Davante would have to want the trade. Yes he gets Aaron but he grew up a Raiders fan and said he wanted to retire a Raider recently. Also this is Josh McDaniels we are talking about here. A slimy little scum ball of a human being who likely has 0 intention to trade with us.

We still need T. That's going to be a huge target. Probably some better cheaper options at WR we could go for if needed. Not an Evans or a superstar but a solid #2.

20. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

Oh totally

Knight runs right into defenders, doesnt break any tackles but his name is 'Bam' so he must be doing something right