What excites me

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by bleedgreen, Jul 29, 2023.

1. bleedgreen

bleedgreen Well-Known Member

I've not contributed anything these last few months as I have read nothing in any post that makes me want to respond. Mostly they are about personal opinions or tactical issues concerning players. But I am now getting excited about the Jets potential future. Let me begin by saying, and I have posted this, AR will be the QB for 2-3 years. I go back to Otto Graham, and AR compares favorably with anyone. Now, what does he have left? We will find out and watching games will be enjoyable again. But what most excites me is the possibility of the Jets success continuing into the future. They are stacked with young talent. They have a GM who seems to be able to manage the cap. QB after AR is a sticking point but I believe they will go with Wilson. They will see his (hopefully) development in the next few years in whatever chance he gets. They are familiar with him and he with the team. They are kind of growing up together in the best possible circumstances.

The past is a very unreliable indicator of the future in both the stock market and sports. Things do change rapidly. They researched Wilson for months and saw something that Wilson has yet to demonstrate. I expect he soon will, even if just in pre season or practice. But I post this not to add another Wilson thread, but to convey my excitement as to the development of a winning culture for the whole team. I fully expect them to be competitive in every game for years and years. That’s what excites me.

2. Pepsiguy5

Pepsiguy5 Well-Known Member

I think we all SHOULD be excited. Since its become pretty apparent that Rodgers is really legitimately into it and isn't just here for a paycheck that makes this whole next phase of Jets history pretty simple. As long as he doesn't get "Milano'd" like Mike White did last year the Jets are going to be at worst a fringe playoff team and if things go right a threat to win. Just like the Packers have been for the last umpteen years.

So our baseline is higher than its been in over a decade. If your a fan thats the very definition of exciting.

Lets go!

3. bleedgreen

Yup. I purposely posted before the Cook visit. Players now want to come here, lets see about Cook. Of course its almost mostly about the money, but AR brings an enormous level of respect and the Jets are attractive, plus the GM seems to have an excellent handle on the money issues.

4. NY Jets68

NY Jets68 Well-Known Member

Here's to hoping Rodgers is the point of the sword that slays the SOJ beast.

LAJet, Cman68, JETFUEL1580 and 4 others like this.
  5. IDFjet

IDFjet Well-Known Member

BleedJetsGreen1981 likes this.
  6. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

Meaning he is coming back and ball out? Or showing no mercy in the negotiations with JD to come back?

twown likes this.
  7. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

Music to my ears

NCJetsfan likes this.
  8. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

Im definitely excited, and expect a fun filled season. But what looks great on paper today can quickly turn into a nightmare depending on so many factors, not the least of which is injuries.
    Here is to a very healthy and very competitive season for this team. May the Jets travel the playoff road in full force and strength.

NY Jets68 and NCJetsfan like this.
  9. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

POST OF THE YEAR!!!!

BleedJetsGreen1981 and LAJet like this.
  10. NCJetsfan

@bleedgreen I'm with you, man! Everything changed for me when Joe Douglas was hired. I really believed (and still do) that he will turn things around for the Jets and turn us into a consistent winner. I think a new Golden Age of Jets football is about to begin. Yes, there are areas of concern, but I'm thinking positively and putting that out there. There's enough negativity here and out in the world.

DetroitRed likes this.
  11. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

Ester Exposito

Pepsiguy5 likes this.
  12. KWJetsFan

KWJetsFan Well-Known Member

Elizabeth Olsen. Christina Hendricks. Paige Spiranac.

Oh wait. I misunderstood this thread. My bad.

JetFanInPA, Jets79 and Brook! like this.
  13. NCJetsfan

:p:D

14. twown

twown Well-Known Member

I thought maybe that was Latin for "what excites me," so I looked it up.

Indeed it is!

abyzmul likes this.
  15. Pepsiguy5

Pepsiguy5 Well-Known Member

She's just a few short months away from becoming a bandwagon Jets fan :)

abyzmul likes this.
  16. bleedgreen

So Cook signs. Plus I watched game. AR is our QB.
    If we had just drafted Wilson and this was his first game, I would be immensely pleased. Of course its not, and 2 years of difficulty to overcome, but there is great promise. And great promise for some younger players. Most rookies and second year who played were at high level. Becton seems back. For the first time in a long time, roster cuts are a difficult decision,

As with the stock market, past performance can often be a misleading predictor of the future. I tend to ignore much of the posts I read as the opinions are based on a false assumption of reality. This is a different team with a different offensive philosophy and a potential great defense.

There will be injuries. AR may just collapse, but i doubt that. My excitement level is sky high. Can't wait for opener.

NCJetsfan likes this.
  17. Footballgod214

Footballgod214 Well-Known Member

Great point...all we heard is Cook is from Miami and really wants to play there. Turns out all he wanted was to play for the Jets with Aaron Rodgers. Here, he plays for a ring. There, he takes 30 hand-offs a game from Mike White. Go Cook!

Plus, in an odd way, Cook is the seasoned vet who can teach Breece Hall a few things too. Hopefully!

abyzmul, Cman68 and NCJetsfan like this.
  18. NCJetsfan

Izzy and Carter can also learn a lot from Cook.

Footballgod214 likes this.
  19. NCJetsfan

Excellent post! I couldn't agree more.

20. Jets79

Jets79 Well-Known Member

ESPECIALLY Elizabeth Olsen!!!

KWJetsFan likes this.