Hard Luck? (Jets Selected for Hard Knocks)

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Acad23, Jun 26, 2023.

1. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

This isn’t true at all

Ralebird likes this.
  2. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

Find me some proof of there being public issues with Aaron Rodgers as a person or player in 2016? 2014? 2018?

Sure, he gained some minor dislike with his leverage play for a new contract but nothing quite like his widespread label as being some sort of whack job post December 2020.

3. BroadwayAaron

You never heard about how he’s feuding with his entire family? Former teammates calling him arrogant? Him telling teammates to research whether or not 9/11 really happened (report came out post-nutjob status, happened before)? Being a chemtrail conspiracy theorist?

I don’t give a shit about his vax status, I care about his reasoning, using a huge platform to push misinformation and blatant disrespect for healthcare workers and pharmaceutical researchers who dedicated a massive portion of their life to getting us through a pandemic. Those things are all just the cherries on top of a dog shit sundae.

4. Jonathan_Vilma

You of all people care a TON about his vaccination status and proved it in the entire paragraph that followed you saying you don’t care about it.

Feuding with his family, yeah, that came out because his brother was on the bachelor. The rest never came out until after he didn’t want to get vaccinated. I’m down to be proved wrong.

cval likes this.
  5. BroadwayAaron

There is a huge difference between caring about his vax status and caring about using a platform to discredit healthcare workers and pharmaceutical researchers. When you have a huge platform, people listen, and if you’re using that platform to teach people to disrespect people that risked their own health to help others, you’re a sack of shit.

Because his brother outted him on TV means him being an asshole is null and void? I don’t follow your logic on that one.

Stories about his teammates thinking he’s arrogant were a plenty before his McAfee shitshow. Are you seriously pretending like the notion that Rodgers is an asshole hasn’t been a thing for well over a decade? The Niners claim they didn’t draft him because he was cocky and arrogant. Either way he’s plenty of documented examples of teammates thinking he’s a prick…

February of 2019: https://www.smh.com.au/sport/nfl/ex...wish-new-coach-good-luck-20190207-p50w6i.html

April of 2019:
    https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2828649-what-happened-in-green-bay

October of 2020:
    https://www.sportingnews.com/ca/nfl...racy-theory-packers/idc1ibngpogu1kex29q4uk0cu

I truly can’t fathom how someone who follows the NFL as closely and thoroughly as you do can think Aaron Rodgers hasn’t had a bad word uttered about him before 2021.

6. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

Not anything that some might call "proof" but one story with links to a handful more which may be an indication that he hasn't always been a favorite of those around him; and this is from well before his big lie about being "immunized."

Ex-Packers teammates are ripping Aaron Rodgers again - Bring Me The News

7. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

Whatta you mean "was"? :oops:

#107 Acad23, Jul 4, 2023
    Last edited: Jul 4, 2023
    NCJetsfan, dawinner127 and bicketybam like this.
  8. Jonathan_Vilma

First one makes sense for your argument to an extent. The worse thing in the article is KGB calling him “A little bit on the arrogant side.” How damning!

The second one is a push and pull about Mike
    McCarthy who has a 50/50 opinion about him as a head coach in this league. His tenure as a Cowboy and his coaching missteps say a lot about him.

The third one is in the heart of Covid when the hit pieces started.

I would love for you to post what he said about Covid or the vaccine that was disinformation.

cval likes this.
  9. BroadwayAaron

I was providing a few examples. There is no shortage of former teammates calling Rodgers an asshole for all intents and purposes before 2021. There was not a single modicum of Covid related angst towards Rodgers when the chemtrail thing happened. Check your timeline there.

I’m also not getting into the vax shit because if you don’t think some of the things he said is misinformation because you don’t like the science behind the actual answer then it’s entirely pointless. If you want the internet W because I’m not going to engage, then you got it. I don’t care and neither does anyone else.

would have been so much better if the guy who stirred all this shit back up just never came back.

10. Jonathan_Vilma

Cool show me all those examples. There’s no shortages of them, so they should be easy to find and you could barely linked anything other than a defense end calling him a little bit arrogant and a tightend whose career he made saying he changed the play sometimes in the huddle.

No shortage of examples though.

I just looked up what he said about the vaccine and Covid and couldn’t find much other than his immunized comment. We dont have to get into a vaccine debate but I’m genuinely asking what he said because I don’t see a ton of comments beyond that.

cval likes this.
  11. BroadwayAaron

Take the W dude. This is fucking stupid. I can provide a thousand examples and you’ll find ways to write it off. Oh he brother was on The Bachelor it doesn’t count. Oh the four teammates who called him out don’t matter because McCarthy sucks and Rodgers actually made their careers. Alrighty…

If you truly in your heart of hearts believe that Aaron Rodgers wasn’t viewed as an arrogant prick for almost a decade before he made a fool of himself publicly then I don’t know what’s going on here.

12. Jonathan_Vilma

A thousand examples!!!! Throw them out there if you have so many. Jesus Christ. Stop using hyperbole if you can’t back it up. I’m always down to lose and admit I’m wrong when evidence is presented.

cval and dawinner127 like this.
  13. BroadwayAaron

You’re not. Which is why this is stupid. Bait someone else into a pointless argument that no one wants to read.

14. bicketybam

bicketybam Well-Known Member

That's the third time you've taken a shot at me. Give it a rest already.

cval likes this.
  15. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

Rodgers own family stopped talking to him they have seen him as such an asshole. This was a big story long before Covid. Stop tryin to make everything political

Ralebird and BroadwayAaron like this.
  16. BrowningNagle

We all celebrated cause he pledged his services to our Jets for $100MM+ but even his grand announcement on the Punter show was a total dick move.

starts out “well when the packers drafted Jordan Love…..”

LeBron James was killed for his announcement, at least he was a free agent and not a guy pushing his way out because the Cavs drafted another small forward

#116 BrowningNagle, Jul 5, 2023
    Last edited: Jul 5, 2023
  17. stinkyB

stinkyB 2009 Best Avatar Award Winner

I couldn't think of a better way to spend the 4th of July than engaging in a cyber circle jerk of whether Aaron Rodgers is a douche or not.....

18. Brook!

Brook! Soft Admin...2018 Friendliest Member Award Winner

Training camp can’t start soon enough. Geez

jixxjr, bicketybam and BroadwayAaron like this.
  19. BrowningNagle

Sounds like Hard Knocks is happening.

Packers Team President in an interview

‘Hard Knocks’ is a great show and gives fans an inside look at a team’s training camp,” Murphy wrote. “It also provides good publicity for the team. The downside is that it can be a distraction and teams are concerned that other teams can learn information from the show. The best thing to do if you don’t want to be on ‘Hard Knocks’ is to make the playoffs every year. The league (and HBO) can only require a team to appear on ‘Hard Knocks’ if they have failed to make the playoffs two years in a row.”

And then, in the final line of his answer, Murphy added some intrigue: “I’m anxious to see the Jets and the many ex-Packers on “Hard Knocks” this summer — should be very entertaining.”

20. jetophile

jetophile Bruce Coslet's Daughter

Your points are not mutually exclusive. I don't even care about the vaccine kerfuffle for example, it's flake water under the bridge. I'm gonna unnecessarily say it again: I'm a fan of the laundry. I'll also unnecessarily take it one step further: unless it's someone so hateable at QB that the hate is universally deserved, like let's say child rape or slapping around the elderly, flake turd away. That doesn't mean I can't or shouldn't be able to call him a flake turd.

For the record, I sat out every single game when the Dog Killer was here. Every single one. I have no inclination or desire to not attend games in protest because flakedom is not in the least a boycottable offense. I mean, c'mon. Anyway, that's all I'm gonna say about it. I don't want this to derail the thread just because I have a dissenting opinion. Some of you can continue to heap accolades on him like he solved world hunger just because he hasn't gone full flake turd yet. Win or lose, that's my take, and of course, I vote win.

bicketybam likes this.