The Offensive Line Thread

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by HackettSuxTNG, Apr 28, 2023.

?

How confident are you that the offensive line, as currently constructed, can protect Rodgers?

1. Extremely Confident

6 vote(s)
    5.2%
  2. Somewhat Confident

44 vote(s)
    38.3%
  3. Not so Confident

45 vote(s)
    39.1%
  4. No Confidence Whatsoever

20 vote(s)
    17.4%
  1. Jets79

Jets79 Well-Known Member

I think he has the potential to be a stud tackle given what we saw when he was healthy and on the field his rookie year…and if he can stay healthy this year that would be huge for us.

That being said, I get the 2nd year injury was a freak injury but the fact remains he missed all year for an injury that was not diagnosed as a season ending injury. So sure maybe that was never the right diagnosis, but we’ll never know.

Then he missed all year the next year again. And he did have some nagging injuries his first year.

So he is what he is…a talented player who has missed way more games than he’s played …

I just think he never really showed a maturity and a dedication to rehab but instead has chosen to whine on social media…that will never be a good look for a player who hasn’t been able to stay on the field.

Sure, he’s a left tackle. great! Go out and beat out the competition that we had to bring in because he’s been unavailable for most of his career…

NCJetsfan likes this.
  2. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

I had to look up the Belko Experiment to see what it was; not sure I agree it would run that way. What I do believe is that people would actually be trying to buy newspapers and accessing real news sources to find out what's actually happening. Of course that would be a small minority while the vast majority would be sailing the stormy seas in a rudderless not knowing where they were going but sure they were on the right track.

3. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

If you want to call media rumor sharing as a diagnosis you'd be correct but I remember a discussion here months ago where no one making such claims could point to anything at all stated by a single medical practitioner familiar with his individual case regarding a time element. I was never close enough to the situation to determine anything about his maturity or dedication to his rehabilitation.

KingRoach likes this.
  4. azhar80

azhar80 Well-Known Member

NCJetsfan likes this.
  5. azhar80

azhar80 Well-Known Member

6. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

Yeah, like that would be a smart move! :rolleyes::eek::confused:

7. jetophile

jetophile Bruce Coslet's Daughter

Mostly disagree. A big part of the cancer is that people can't stop looking at themselves. Talk about the pool of Narcissus. I was in NYC yesterday visiting a friend in the hospital and some 20 something jackass was filming himself on his phone, making all kinds of faces. He almost got clipped by a cab. A shame. A shame he didn't get clipped, I mean.

8. jetophile

I thought buying a $400,000 necklace right out of the gate was a red flag as to his maturity level. I mean, buy your Mom a modest house or something. o_O

9. KingRoach

KingRoach Well-Known Member

Are you talking about the chain Sauce was wearing draft night? I disagree about buying jewelry being a red flag.

10. The Waterboy

The Waterboy Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

11. jetophile

No, Becton. It was the first thing he bought after inking his rookie deal.
    Yep, that's it. He did later say it cost him $175,000.00. That's $225,000.00 off regular price! Still frivolous.o_O

12. KingRoach

KingRoach Well-Known Member

What’s the point of being rich if not to be frivolous?

13. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

Indeed. Let us reminisce about our hero Joe Willie and his fur coat to reinforce that point.

KingRoach likes this.
  14. jetophile

You're in a foot race with bad choices to the poor house? o_O

stinkyB and NY Jets68 like this.
  15. BleedJetsGreen1981

BleedJetsGreen1981 Well-Known Member

Jets added more depth to the O-Line today signing a former Patriot.

16. HackettSuxTNG

HackettSuxTNG Well-Known Member

I wasn't being sarcastic. Anytime you have a player who refuses to look in the mirror before blaming others as the cause of his problem, you are adding toxicity to the team.

He should be cut today.

17. HackettSuxTNG

What do you mean "don't know the extent"?!?! If the guy is bragging about losing 60 pounds, its clear as day he was 60 pounds overweight!

18. GasedAndConfused

GasedAndConfused Well-Known Member

not at all. muscle weighs more then fat. you can lose 60 but would be better off losing 40 if going for strength. if he was 370 and dropped to 310 it could be too thin to him and losing 30 would have been better. me at 300lbs would be a giant fat ass, becton at 300 would be skinny.

19. HackettSuxTNG

Regardless of the number, his knee has been annihilated due to his weight. That is disgraceful. He should be cut today.

20. GasedAndConfused

GasedAndConfused Well-Known Member

his knee was annihilated by GVR. it was fine all through college and his rookie season until GVR rolled up on him. it didn't just buckle and die cause he was fat. what a dumb narrative. you should be cut from ever expressing an opinion