NY Jets Flight 23

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Borat, May 18, 2023.

1. Borat

Borat Well-Known Member

Ascension is out. Great stuff. Let's go Jets!

2. NYJalltheway

NYJalltheway Well-Known Member

I was surprised there wasn't a thread on this so I just talked about it in the Rodgers thread instead. About to start it.

Sent from my IPhone 43 using Tapatalk V.86

3. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 2018 Funniest Member Award Winner

Some takeaways:
    • The more I hear Aaron Rodgers speak, the more bought-in I get with him. The health concerns me, particularly the thumb from last season, but not enough to dwell on it very much. Yet.
    • They did a good job of minimizing the exposure to Woody's microscopic personality, he just seems so out of place with other human beings.
    • Rodgers has a huge football boner for Garrett Wilson.
    • Did Nate Hackett speak on camera once?
    • That random clunky Flight Archive thing about Brandon Marshall seemed totally out of place and was probably some form of payment for him helping to recruit Rodgers.
    • It seems like Breece Hall knows everyone.
    • The montage at the beginning was pretty cool but maybe too long.
    • Chris Johnson seems like they keep him around like the family halfwit. Every time I look at him I see Adam Gase having an Adderall overdose-induced hallucination at his introductory press conference.
    • Change the fucking uniforms please. I don't want to remember Aaron Rodgers dropping dimes in that garbage.
    • The fan montages were cool but also a little cringe.
    This was pretty well made, even if it felt disjointed occasionally. Hopefully Hard Knocks doesn't suck. That is assuming it's the Jets, though I don't know why they wouldn't make them do it at this point.

4. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

The part where Rodgers gets to Florham Park and exits the Yukon was pure dross...

Aaron looks every bit of 39 years old... Saleh looks in better shape.

Hope they don't blow their load too early.

#4 Acad23, May 19, 2023
    Last edited: May 19, 2023
  5. NYJalltheway

Can't wait for him to prove you wrong. Some people here just can't be happy no matter what and it's so old

6. NYJalltheway

Like usual, great points byz. Just cuz Breece knew Lazard wasn't a huge thing imo. Yeah though I get it with Hack, and the idiot owners, same could be said with lots of owners though?

I was kinda underwhelmed ngl because most of what was on there were clips I've already seen, even smaller YouTuber audio.

I think that was more or less a preview episode, and it will get better. I still enjoyed it though.

7. DetroitRed

DetroitRed Well-Known Member

It was cringe

8. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

He doesn't have to prove me wrong... because nobody's been more positive about Rodgers coming to the Jets than myself.

NYJalltheway likes this.
  9. KingRoach

KingRoach Well-Known Member

That’s typically a younger persons problem.

“I just hope he can keep it up and is able to finish”

10. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

Aaron Rodgers: "I'm not a savior... I'm just here to play some solid football."

Jets PR Team:
    [​IMG]

KingRoach likes this.
  11. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

I say this every year. I love the behind the scenes look at my favorite team but as a doc producer, this series drives me nuts. I’ll gladly keep watching though.

Rodgers seems fully bought in and engaged. Can’t really ask him to handle this all better than he has been. He’s at the level where he doesn’t need to throw peanuts at the in-house production team or do stupid videos while walking to the practice field… or show up to voluntary OTAs… and he’s doing it all.

12. ukjetsfan

ukjetsfan Well-Known Member

I'll watch just about anything with the Jets, but yet again this looked like a preview piece. Constantly running background music behind an interview makes it feel like a preview... but the preview goes on and on and on. I'm not a fan of this style but what do I know? I'm not the target audience for anything the NFL does any more.

NCJetsfan likes this.
  13. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

No you’re right, it’s an assault on the senses. Everything sounds like either gearing up for the final battle in Game of Thrones or the battle itself. Half the time I could barely hear who was talking. Zero finesse throughout the whole thing. But like I said… I’ll still watch because they get great access to my favorite team. They just waste it.

14. ukjetsfan

ukjetsfan Well-Known Member

I agree with your whole post but especially this part. I have to be honest, just seeing that huge Jets logo on the side of the building makes me smile... and I don't even like the logo! Actually seeing inside the Jets facilities is something I really enjoy and appreciate. For that reason, I hope they are on Hard Knocks this season. I understand about the distraction element, but I really enjoyed that 2010 season after Hard Knocks.

15. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

Great post.
    Agree with most everything except no to uniform changes please. Every time we try to improve it we set it further back. Winning will make the uniforms look like a heaven sent gift. One of the most beautiful sights ever for me was watching AR drop dimes suited with the the God awful GB retro uniforms, if not the ugliest, then second only to the the bumble bee ones from the Steelers.

16. jetophile

jetophile Bruce Coslet's Daughter

At least Rodgers doesn't look like a pig slob. Yet. That's good, I guess.

17. BleedJetsGreen1981

BleedJetsGreen1981 Well-Known Member

Episode 2 drops this Thursday at 8 pm.

Go Jets.

18. BleedJetsGreen1981

BleedJetsGreen1981 Well-Known Member

Episode 2 - Flight 23 Ascension

NCJetsfan, KY Jets Fan and Brook! like this.
  19. IIMeanDeanII

IIMeanDeanII Well-Known Member

Interesting. Joe Douglas called the NE trade scary accurate. He knew NE was going to likely trade out In front of us, even nailed the team and player before It actually happened. Wild

It also sounded like Broddy Jones really wasn't our top guy at 15. They also thought Will McDonald was going to be picked before we were on the clock. That's cool to see It wasn't just BS that he was their best player available.

20. Brook!

Brook! Soft Admin...2018 Friendliest Member Award Winner

Exactly. I now feel better about Will. This episode proves that Jets weren't really targeting Broddy Jones. Like I said, I feel better.