Aaron Rodgers was on Pat McAfee Show Today - AWESOMENESS

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Brook!, May 2, 2023.

1. Brook!

Brook! Soft Admin...2018 Friendliest Member Award Winner

I was just watching Sportscenter on ESPN and they showed a clip of Rodgers talking on Pat McAfee show. Of course I had to go find the full segment on You Tube. Just finished watching it.

Is this for real? I mean yeah I knew Rodgers was done with Packers but had no idea he wanted to join Jets this bad. I mean he is genuine right? Wow. I hope his excitement will impact team culture positively and we become a force in AFC.

Watch the whole thing now and tell me what your take is?

2. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

What I do like is Rodgers seems to be settling into the New York scene with relative ease. He'll fit right in here!!

3. Section 336

Section 336 Well-Known Member

I think it is a whole lot easier for a guy like Rodgers to settle into the NYC scene than a young inexperienced kid.
    I really think this is going to work out really well for the Jets.

4. Brook!

Here is the write up in case you can't watch the whole video.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/spor...odgers-new-york-jets-mcafee-show/70176580007/

Aaron Rodgers: 'Having an absolute blast' in short time with New York Jets

It's been less than a week as quarterback of the New York Jets, and Aaron Rodgers is already "having a blast."

Rodgers appeared on "The Pat McAfee Show" Tuesday to talk about how he has transitioned to his new home, including the reception he's gotten attending New York Rangers and New York Knicks playoff games. The four-time NFL MVP admitted it's been weird and different after spending 18 seasons with the Green Bay Packers, but he's enjoying getting accustomed to being part of the Jets and feels reenergized.

"I am having an absolute blast. It's been so fun," Rodgers said. "It's been great. Everything is new. It's like the first day of school every single day. There's new people to meet and got to figure out your routine."
    "I'm just pinching myself a lot of days. I can't believe it's real sometimes. So it's been a dream for sure," he added.

Aaron Rodgers is 'embracing the change"

Rodgers said he is "embracing the change" of New York and meeting his new teammates, including going to the Rangers playoff game Saturday with running back Breece Hall and longtime teammate in Green Bay, receiver Allen Lazard. Lazard and Rodgers were also at Game 1 for the Knicks' second-round playoff series the following night, and plans to go to Game 2 on Tuesday with reigning NFL defensive rookie of the year Sauce Gardner.

"I think everybody's excited to have me here," he said. "It's been been fun to get to know the guys and start working on my cadence and just kind of ease into it all."

The quarterback also has praise for the "kind words" he's received from fans while in New York, as well as meeting some of the city's biggest celebrities like Spike Lee and Patrick Ewing.
    "New York is a great sports city. They expect winning as well, so as long as you're winning, you're gonna be in a good graces, which we expect to," Rodgers said.

Comparing Garrett Wilson to Davante Adams

In the few workouts Rodgers has had in New York in the past week, one person that's caught his attention is reigning NFL offensive rookie of the year Garrett Wilson. He said some of his playmaking ability is like another No. 17 he used to play with: Davante Adams.
    "He's a talented guy. I threw him a pass today and just kind of turned and was like, 'Wow.' His ability to kind of get in out of his brakes, there's another No. 17 I played with for a long time who does it better than anybody," Rodgers said. "But the explosiveness in and out of the breaks to No. 17 here is pretty similar."

egelband, JETFUEL1580, RPOZ51 and 2 others like this.
  5. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

He seemed pretty genuine in that clip.

LAJet and stinkyB like this.
  6. NYJalltheway

NYJalltheway Well-Known Member

Watched that as well earlier today, not really surprised, but I'm glad you guys are seeing what I've been saying. He seems so much happier than I've seen him in YEARS.

Sent from my SM-F926U using Tapatalk

egelband and NCJetsfan like this.
  7. stinkyB

stinkyB 2009 Best Avatar Award Winner

That's been my gut vibe the whole time.... he's a different dude. The stimulation of NYC is perfect for him.

Right now, he's a dude that just had a long relationship work it's way to the end, and he's excited to get some strange..... LETS GO JETS

egelband, horsehead and Brook! like this.
  8. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

I've been pacing my excitement... tamping it down in case shit goes sideways like it always does...
    ...but gawdamn... everything is clicking.

This feels so right...

9. Brook!

I am in the same boat. Hope he can have an injury free 3 years where he will eventually take us to the big game.

ukjetsfan, KY Jets Fan and Acad23 like this.
  10. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

11. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

CJ and Saleh got some love too.

12. Poeman

Poeman Well-Known Member

Was a full house of celebs tonight

Acad23 likes this.
  13. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

Thanks for posting this. I enjoyed it and it's hard not to get excited.

Brook! likes this.
  14. horsehead

horsehead Well-Known Member

Only Henrik and Federer are legends.
    ha

15. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

I don’t think it’s ever easy for someone to enjoy or really understand New York City. Even when athletes visit, it’s in and out and it’s not like someone like Rodgers would ever vacation here over tropical places or the weird places he likes to go to.

Glad to see he’s enjoying it and hanging with Garrett Wilson.

16. GreenFan15J

GreenFan15J Well-Known Member

Thanks for the clip.

OK he checks the box for being a good guy. Zinging a pass to GW was encouraging.

Now, lets see him play.

papapump, Brook! and KY Jets Fan like this.
  17. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

Been going to games for a loooong time and this was easily the most celebs I’ve ever seen in attendance. I found it funny how many Giants fans booed Sauce. I’d hate Sauce if he wasn’t on my team too I guess.

KY Jets Fan likes this.
  18. LogeSection2RowJ

LogeSection2RowJ Well-Known Member

I don't fellas, I don't think this would be nearly as good with Derek Carr. Does Derek Carr know Pat McAfee?

19. NoodleArm

NoodleArm Well-Known Member

As has been often said, "Feel Good. Play Good."

The optimism is contagious. Having trouble trusting it. Can't wait.

Brook! likes this.
  20. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

Giant fans fancy themselves as special yet they are fr from it. Love Sauce. He his the winning swagger we desperately need.

egelband likes this.