3 students & 3 adult staff members are dead after a shooting at a Christian school in Nashville

Discussion in 'BS Forum' started by NYGalPal, Mar 27, 2023.

1. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

You could say the same thing about every mass murderer.

From what I understand, Aiden Hale was a 28 year old adult living at home.
    At some point a person needs to take control of their life and bear the responsibility of their actions.

2. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

What about Charles Whitman?

3. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

What about him.

He was insane.

4. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

Homosexuals never tried or wanted to transform their physiological or biological being to be something they’re not. I understand there was repulsive experiments to do so years ago, but the root of homosexuality isn’t rooted in something that’s irrational without medical intervention.

There was also never the institution of something like drag queen story hour at libraries for 7 year olds (and on military bases as well).

Is a man dressing up in sexualized women’s clothes something age appropriate in your mind for children?

#84 Jonathan_Vilma, Mar 30, 2023
    Last edited: Mar 30, 2023
  5. Barry the Baptist

Barry the Baptist Hello son, would you like a lolly?

I was on the cusp, I was similar to your description in many regards and I'm thankful I grew up in a state and a part of that state that valued education and in a time where teaching me about how Jackie Robinson faced racism even from his teammates and yeah you know maybe we did treat the indigenous population like shit wasn't considered "woke" or an attack on my whiteness.

I was prescribed Ritalin when I was a sophomore in HS and my parents noticed right away they didn't like the way I was acting so got me off of it. I turned out ok without it. I'm nearly 44 and I have traveled all over the world, lived overseas and have a pretty dam good job.

I look at this transition stuff the same way I look at abortion.... it's really none of my business. It's a decision. among families that doesn't require my input or opinion. That being said I wonder about the kids I grew up with who were gay, always knew they were gay but had to hide who they were for many years because of fear of ridicule.

stinkyB, BrowningNagle and Dierking like this.
  6. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

Mrs. Doubtfire was a good movie

stinkyB and Barry the Baptist like this.
  7. Dierking

Dierking Well-Known Member

Maybe not all of them, maybe not even very many of them. But folks who feel they’re trapped in the wrong gender have been around a lot longer than you think. It’s just coming out of the closet a lot more now. Medical procedures evolve over time as well and the physical interventions you’re talking about didn’t exist until recently. I don’t personally particularly care for it because I like things the way they used to be too, but I’m okay to let people live their lives where they aren’t hurting me. It’s a libertarian thing you might say.

The broader point is that deflecting gun control arguments into mental health arguments is just wrong. It’s dangerous to let people like you or me decide who is too fucked in the head to have certain arms. Much better to just regulate the arms.

8. Barry the Baptist

Barry the Baptist Hello son, would you like a lolly?

I went to a kabuki show when I was in Japan once, tons of kids there, I didn't know it until the show started but all the female parts are played by men. They haven't had female actors in centuries.

Yup, it's a dangerous precedent to allow that, I'm not even one of those well the government will go too far type of people but this really isn't a wise decision.

Whatever we do we need to prevent psychos from having almost unfettered access to these types of weapons, it doesn't happen anywhere else on the planet unless you want to be in the same conversation as El Salvador and Honduras. Not the company we should be keeping. Sure you have random one off events like the guy who wanted to kill Muslims in Norway or like in New Zealand but overall those events are so rare that generally they surpass an entire nation's murder total for the year and in the case of Norway 3.

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  9. ukjetsfan

ukjetsfan Well-Known Member

Is it really correct that this is the 131st multiple homicide shooting in America this YEAR? You're averaging more than one a DAY? Is that really true?

NYJetsO12 and Barry the Baptist like this.
  10. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

I’m not ignorant to the fact that it exists and quite frankly I don’t really care what people do or don’t do.

What comes into play as an issue is ramming it down children’s throats and putting the idea in play at an age where they can’t really comprehend it. Kids are influenced very easy at young ages and if they see a child getting special treatment because they claim to be different, it becomes a flock.

Don’t underestimate the idea that pharmaceutical companies want to put them on a succession line of drugs and surgeries. Once people start down the path of puberty blockers at 12, they are lifelong pharmaceutical customers. And it leads to incredible profit for these companies.

RE: guns. I’ve stated a bunch they I’m not a gun owner and I agree that some sort of checks and balances needs to be put in place to fix these issues. I’m in agreement that mental health decisions become dangerous for a number of reasons including objectivity to the decision. I don’t think you can strip away people’s right to defend themselves though while at the same time seeing rising crime in a lot of places, reduced sentences for criminals and a big threat of war on the horizon.

stinkyB, abyzmul and Dierking like this.
  11. typeOnegative13NY

typeOnegative13NY Well-Known Member

c’mon. I think you are fully aware that those aren’t the things that get called “woke”, and that there are elements of the “woke” that take it way too far.

12. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

Yeah... but most of those are black on black shootings so we don't give a shit... :confused:

13. Ralebird

He had a brain tumor.

14. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

And from what I remember he was under psychiatric care before his killing spree.

15. Ralebird

A single trip to a school psychiatrist six months prior doesn't seem to pass the test of being under care. Certainly there was no effective intervention; whether he was insane is debatable.. It's unfortunate that few of these maniacs survive to be examined in hopes of finding out where they went wrong and how the world around them played a part to avoid it in the future.

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  16. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

Is that what it was? I thought he had received more help than just that.

And killing your wife & Mom and a dozen strangers tells me he was insane... tumor or not.

17. Ralebird

Insane? Maniacal and blood thirsty? Or a victim of an untreated medical condition? Two of those at trial call for a not guilty verdict; one calls for guilty.

18. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

And any one of those three would have put him in the chair or away for life... had he gone to trial.

What sort of defense would Aiden Hale have mounted... had he lived?

19. Ralebird

Two out of three would have made Whitman not guilty - how do you figure he would have gone away for life or been executed?

Who knows what kind of defense Hale would have put up? And why does it matter?

The big question regarding Nashville (and every other similar episode) is what can be learned to keep it from happening again?

20. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

How do I figure Whitman would have gone away for life or been executed?

Umm... he killed over a dozen people. Point out one person that went free after that... except for politicians of course.