3 students & 3 adult staff members are dead after a shooting at a Christian school in Nashville

Discussion in 'BS Forum' started by NYGalPal, Mar 27, 2023.

1. typeOnegative13NY

typeOnegative13NY Well-Known Member

Definitely. It has to be monitored closely, by drs and parents… which in many cases is a dying art on both. Pills aren’t working, (or in truth the kid isn’t taking them as prescribed), just up the dose.
    I would love to know the truth of how many of these shooters were on something prescribed.

2. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

I don’t have any guns.

So you’re laughing at the fact that we need to fix societal issues? That’s telling.

I don’t really care if they go after peoples long barreled guns. But I think the people going after them need to be honest about the facts of what they are speaking about.

Well the drugs wouldn’t have such horrible effects when people go off of them if they didn’t have such long term dependence on them and instead faced their issues earlier on in their life.

It’s easy as a parent to zombify your hyper 11 year old with drugs and stick them in front of the TV than it is to actually parent them for 3 hours a night.

typeOnegative13NY likes this.
  3. typeOnegative13NY

Definitely, that’s the key… they have to be closely monitored by a dr, and parents. So many cases, the parents don’t give a shit, and just give the kid the pills and the ps4, and if the pills stop being effective, the dose gets upped. And unfortunately, they are too many drs that will gladly over prescribe. I have seen the bad effects of it, have seen people with mild depression become lunatic’s unrecognizable. Some gone, and some years of rehab. These drugs cannot be taken lightly, not just in this topic, but all around mental health, and the developing brain.

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  4. typeOnegative13NY

I still think there are many people confused and semi with fully automatic weapons, what type of weapons are typically used in these crimes, and how similar they are to guns that would t concern you .

5. Jonathan_Vilma

Yeah but the classification battle is a straw man that don’t take mah gunz people use in order to deter the argument.

Everyone knows what type of guns are being referred to because it’s the same one in all of these. It doesn’t have to be a Tommy-gun from a 1950s mobster movie to be causing issues.

Dierking and typeOnegative13NY like this.
  6. typeOnegative13NY

fair enough. It does seem to be the same model most of the time.

7. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

Yes, Cathy Wilcox. It is entitled "American Obscenity."

8. Ralebird

In a growing number of places in the US much needed counseling regarding such matters is illegal.

9. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

Ineffective even if it was legal.

I'm pretty sure anyone considering a sex change understands that they will be ridiculed for that by lots of people. They don't need that extra advice

10. stinkyB

stinkyB 2009 Best Avatar Award Winner

Bullseye! (with an arrow of course)

11. stinkyB

stinkyB 2009 Best Avatar Award Winner

I'm glad I was a "pre-prescription" kid... I was a smart little kid with the attention span of a gnat, (that part hasnt changed) and the energy of the energizer bunny. Thankfully I had some good elementary school teachers that always gave me other "jobs" and responsibilities in class to harness some of that to keep me occupied. If they prescribed that shit the way they do now I wouldve been popping them like Pez.

Barry the Baptist and Savatage like this.
  12. Ralebird

But many, if not most, will need someone they can trust to have the conversations with before considering advancement of any process they may consider. I can't imagine any competent counselor, mentor, teacher or therapist who could have a conversation with a troubled youth in the throes of such turmoil without examining all phases, positive and negative, of such a decision. In many jurisdictions even such conversational social affirmation is prohibited.

13. Jonathan_Vilma

Normalizing it is a big societal mistake as far as trans goes. I’d like to understand how it’s not considered a mental disorder?

These folks are literally disillusioned with realty and want to spend hundreds of thousands of dollars on plastic surgery and damaging drugs to change reality. I don’t think there should be any encouragement especially as I said - there is an abundance of evidence that tells us these folks live lives of agony that often end in suicide.

14. Ralebird

Some of those lives end prematurely by suicide because those involved cannot get the necessary assistance to deal with the agony with which they are burdened. We may never know what demons of Hale may have been exorcised with the proper care.

"Diverse gender expressions, much like diverse gender identities, are not indications of a mental disorder."​

Quote from the following one page document: Psychiatry.org - What is Gender Dysphoria?

15. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

Some might say Hale got the "proper care" he needed.

16. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

17. Ralebird

Perhaps if Hale got the attention needed there would not be six other bodies in Tennessee. That's a pretty high price to pay for those who think they know better about how everyone else should live their lives.

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  18. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

Yes that's right Ralebird

And she WAS under a Drs care (what type of Dr I don't know)...but as I have posted previously and I can personally vouch from my own professional practice you can advise a patient to go for counseling , hand out a referral but no one can FORCE a person to get individual therapy

Plus all the news reports have indicated she was not behaving really unusually. (The cops will get her notebook and garner all her social media posts so I guess we will know more)...but predicting violent behavior is easier if you have a history of violence or arrest.

This is why a ban on this assault weapon is a practical solution

I am not "ignoring " societal problems lol as other posters here suggest but that in itself is a monumental task while a new gun ban very easy imo

19. Dierking

Dierking Well-Known Member

It’s really not that long ago that this sentiment was fairly widespread about basic homosexuality. Societal norms evolve.

Controlling ordnance is a hell of a lot more effective and less tricky than characterizing mental illness.

abyzmul and Ralebird like this.
  20. typeOnegative13NY

I hope parents teach their kids to not shit on kids that are different. When I was in school, there wasn’t much of these types of things , but if there were … kids were horrible. And the kids that were different didn’t get much protection from the staff, as the staff also didn’t seem to favor the kids that strayed from the path.

This isn’t the type of thing that can just be turned off like a light. It has to be hard.

with that said, this shooter is getting a whole different level of sympathy than others, that probably could have used the same type of help along the way.