2023 NFL Free Agency - News and Rumors

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Brook!, Mar 12, 2023.

1. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

2. ramjets29

ramjets29 Member

Anyone see the tweets from Breece and Michael Carter when this news broke? Breece is like... I think we good over here @8kMike how about you? Of course Carter agreed and then retweeted his "the disrespect will end" comment from a few days ago. Are they annoyed that the Jets are showing interest? B/c it seems that way.

I get the day and age we live in now with social platforms at their finger tips but I really wish these guys would "tweet" less. I get some of these guys are trying to build a brand (Re: Sauce) - which is totally fine and more power to them - but ease up on the comments that could potentially be conveyed as your displeasure with the team, or worse, your standing with the team.

If the Jets are considering (which hasn't been confirmed btw) bringing in a player that could potentially help the cause (which is a super bowl run) I prefer words of encouragement - not annoyance that a player could possibly take some snaps from you. This is about the team, after all, and one of the reasons why E. Moore is in Cleveland.

3. Borat

Borat Well-Known Member

We would be good here, except you had surgery Nov 18th. 9 months can't have any contact at all, then slowly getting back. That's already August 18th. By the time you are Breece of old we are talking mid season at best. Could be even later. So, not sure if we good. Zeke is not Zeke of old, but he could have been a decent addition on the cheap and could help while Breece is getting back.

These tweets though probably ensure Zeke picks some other team, since he has choices and doesn't want teammates to shit on him before he even arrived. Oh well, this was fun to think about.

4. Borat

Borat Well-Known Member

T at 13, C at 42, DT or S at 43, then 4th round pick to GB along with something in 2024. Still don't think JD is giving up second rounder this year.

#264 Borat, Mar 23, 2023
    Last edited: Mar 23, 2023
    ukjetsfan, KY Jets Fan and NOVAJET like this.
  5. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

Tell the Packers to kick rocks

Use the extra $$ and picks to build a wall on that offensive line.

draft a QB at 13. Sign Bridgewater to hold down the fort for a year, develop that QB properly. I like Anthony Richardson myself.

sign Ezekiel Elliott, and pound the rock with Elliott & Breece Hall. Win games 20-14 ish all year and hit December with a great D and power running offense

not gonna happen but oh well

ouchy, NY Jets68, KY Jets Fan and 2 others like this.
  6. Nyjets4eva

Nyjets4eva Well-Known Member

It’s not that far off if we don’t get Arod, that might actually be the best plan. Look for a Vet Qb and draft a kid with potential. We will be loaded with talent either way. And hope that with a good cast a young QB can start fast. Wilson was never it and I don’t think that will ever change. Sadly I wanted him to be the guy, but nothing I’ve seen says so

BrowningNagle likes this.
  7. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 2018 Funniest Member Award Winner

I'm with you except for the Zeke thing. Zeke went vegan a couple of years ago and slimmed down, I wouldn't look at him for power anything. He hasn't been the same, I don't know if a change of scenery will do that one much good.

Acad23 likes this.
  8. BrowningNagle

interesting... maybe same plan but with Leonard Fournette instead?

9. BrowningNagle

Richardson or Levis?

10. Lon Chaney

Lon Chaney Well-Known Member

I get the feeling Richardson is getting drafted in the top ten.

I want nothing to do with Levis. Duse is too muscular, esp in the shoulders. That build doesn't play well at QB in the NFL.

11. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 2018 Funniest Member Award Winner

Yeah maybe. Also draft Hunter Luepke out of NDSU in the middle rounds. I know I have been banging the fullback drum for a while but I think this dude is the real deal. (I also wanted to draft Rhamondre Stevenson for this same reason) Big guy with decent speed, good hands and great power, plus an excellent lead blocker, he would be money in December.

#271 abyzmul, Mar 24, 2023
    Last edited: Mar 24, 2023
    Nyjets4eva likes this.
  12. ukjetsfan

ukjetsfan Well-Known Member

A few Big Macs, maybe?

13. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

Richardson is going to get some GM fired.

14. STARoSCREAM

STARoSCREAM Well-Known Member

I hope other people over-value these QBs so that more talent at positions of need fall to us at 13

I am not a big NCAA guy but everything I saw about this QB class is "meh" (obvi people are wrong about these things all the time, but you gotta go with info available)

15. Nyjets4eva

Honestly if we go that route I would love to trade back pick up a few picks and take Hooker. Then with extra picks focus on more Oline, IDL, and safety/LB. I think Richardson has a lot of work to do. He’s intriguing but also might take a while to develop his accuracy. I liked Levis early in the year, but as I watched more Kentucky games I was not impressed with some of his decision making at all.

16. BrowningNagle

I want a power running game so badly

Br4d likes this.
  17. BrowningNagle

The only thing I dont like about Hooker is that he misses high. I think that's gonna translate into interceptions at the NFL level.

18. Nyjets4eva

I think that can be worked on, but you are correct he does miss high a lot. Other than that he’s got a high ceiling and super talented. I think he could be a good QB for a long time if he fixes that issue . I watched some of those Tenn games last year he’s got an arm on him and helped that high power offense really move

BrowningNagle likes this.
  19. BrowningNagle

He is exciting no doubt

20. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

There's nothing wrong with the Erhardt-Perkins. It's the basis of many of the best offenses in the NFL and it is modifiable for many different approaches, from the Pats Spread to the Steelers Power Attack.

It's what the Jets ran through 2006 and again from 2009 to 2011.

There are competing approaches but none of them are as consistently sound as the E-P.