Jets trade WR Elijah Moore to Cleveland

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Mogriffjr, Mar 22, 2023.

1. STARoSCREAM

STARoSCREAM Well-Known Member

Anyone think they may extend Corey Davis (if he's not traded to GB) to alleviate the cap hit and keep a fairly deep WR room? CD has been banged up for both seasons but can be a contributor for sure

Also, I'm not a cap guy so i don't know what the implications are of doing this

2. Lon Chaney

Lon Chaney Well-Known Member

I highly doubt that at this point. I would be shocked if he's not in the AR deal or just released.

I'm getting this feeling that they are really pursuing OBJ.

tomdeb and KY Jets Fan like this.
  3. STARoSCREAM

STARoSCREAM Well-Known Member

For sure, but if they just release him without a replacement, I think we need to draft a WR.

If we are not getting OBJ to pair with Rodgers, we can't go into the season with Wilson/Lazard/Hardman

4. KY Jets Fan

KY Jets Fan Moderator

I absolutely think we're adding another WR prior to the draft and it wouldn't shock me at all if they took a late-round flyer on another WR.

I'm all the way in on a Bryce Ford-Wheaton pick in the 5th/6th round range.

ouchy and Lon Chaney like this.
  5. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

I'm curious...just what are your credentials for evaluating QBs? Seriously. If you want to PM a response to me to try and keep this from being a snarkfest that's fine. But frankly your assertion "Wilson sucks" isn't supported by facts. Yes, he has struggled, and yes he has to improve, but in fact he has shown he can play in the NFL by the flashes he's shown. But where people excuse Moore's struggles because he's young, and was forced to play a role he isn't really good at, they completely ignore those same things with Zach. And BTW, the same thing was done with Darnold, trying to make him something he wasn't. It's like the Jets have a "QB Development Handbook" to ensure they screw up any young QB they get their hands on.

For context, look at the situation with Trevor Lawrence. Year one he "sucked" as he was asked to play a system that wasn't suited to him. Year 2 a new (offensive minded) HC and system suited to his strengths and it's like he's a new QB. That's how much difference good - or bad - coaching makes in developing young QBs. IDK if Zach can rebound from the two years of mishandling. If he can't, then yeah, he probably wasn't FQB material in the first place. But judging him so harshly - and without regard to his underlying high potential and young age - while excusing Moore's struggles using those same things is wrong.

Mogriffjr, hornblower and JetFanInNE like this.
  6. Lon Chaney

Lon Chaney Well-Known Member

If not OBJ, figure a guy like Agholor or Landry?

Jayden Reed WR Mich St in the 4th round is a guy I love. NFL Radio (Pat Kirwan in particular - a guy whose opinion I respect) was gushing about him down in Mobile. I watched some film on him. Short but tough and can absolutely fly. Good hands. Perfect slot WR prospect.

Jayden Reed Michigan State Highlights - YouTube

EDIT: Just saw he's rated by some in the 2/3 round range. I think that a little too high. Maybe a late third.

#166 Lon Chaney, Mar 23, 2023
    Last edited: Mar 23, 2023
    JetFanInPA and KY Jets Fan like this.
  7. JetFanInPA

JetFanInPA Well-Known Member

It's sounding like they're going to add OBJ, which would be a quite a WR group. It also leaves 2 WRs on 1-year rentals. So I hope they would target a WR in the draft, particularly a slot WR

ColoradoContrails likes this.
  8. cmcm750203

cmcm750203 Well-Known Member

Wait, what? LaFleur is going into his 5th year.

9. dawinner127

dawinner127 Well-Known Member

I assume he meant first time starting quarterback in Jordan Love

cmcm750203 likes this.
  10. cmcm750203

cmcm750203 Well-Known Member

Ok that makes sense.

11. KY Jets Fan

KY Jets Fan Moderator

Not sure where this came from. Hardman's missed 9 regular season games in his 4 year career and all of those 9 games happened last year when the Chiefs put him on IR for the abdominal strain he suffered in Week 9. He's missed 11 games total, as he missed the Divisional round and the SB last year as well. He tried to gut through it in the AFC Championship game but you could tell that injury was still bothering him.

Nyjets4eva likes this.
  12. RochesterJet

RochesterJet Well-Known Member

I believe he had core surgery

KY Jets Fan likes this.
  13. BrooklynJetsFan

BrooklynJetsFan Well-Known Member

He took bad advice. End of story. LaFleur and Wilson sucked last year.
    He sucks by his stats and play. He’s been the worst QB in the league for the last two years. MW stepped in and put up career games for most starting QBs with the same squad. And MW aint some All-Pro stud. 4th rounder nobody who never played.

Zach should be looking like TLaw. And the offense is exactly the same one everyone expected him to excel at. 49ers, Dolphins. Where is he going to find success. He’s not a dropback passer. He’s just inaccurate short - and late over the middle. Geno was like this early on really just over the middle and it took him a decade to figure it out.

NFL coaches aren’t savants. They are glorified PE teachers. Take your time watch his entire tape and then validate it with stats. He sucks.

ouchy likes this.
  14. hornblower

hornblower Well-Known Member

When a poster says that an NFL player sucks. I guess we can take it to the bank?

ColoradoContrails likes this.
  15. BrooklynJetsFan

BrooklynJetsFan Well-Known Member

No but i have two years of stats and video to look at.

apjbfc, ouchy and tomdeb like this.
  16. Nyjets4eva

Nyjets4eva Well-Known Member

Please don’t show us those videos :( my eyes and heart can’t take it

BrooklynJetsFan likes this.
  17. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

The inaccuracy and throws without touch are because he lacks vision and anticipation.

Most QB's are throwing people open by putting the pass where they expect the receiver to be with about a foot's clearance from the defender. The wide open passes against the zone are a given but M2M coverage requires a QB who can anticipate where the receiver is going to be and let the ball go before he gets there.

ZW throws only when he sees the receiver open and as a result his passes are hard to catch a lot of the time because he puts some mustard on them to get them through the now alerted defense. The passes are also often right on the receiver on a crossing pattern which is equivalent to behind the receiver on other type of patterns.

This is all stuff that you learn in High School. You certainly have it down by the time you are done in college. There's no time to work on it in the pros because it's basic stuff. If it's going to be fixed ZW needs to figure out how to do that on his own time like Josh Allen did with his issues.

BrooklynJetsFan and blackssmagic like this.
  18. #28Martin

#28Martin Well-Known Member

Why does it make little sense? They moved up 30 spots or so for a problem player who had a poor season.

Nyjets4eva likes this.
  19. #28Martin

Hardman is replacing Berrios

BrooklynJetsFan and KY Jets Fan like this.
  20. #28Martin

Not even close. They prefer a 2nd rounder to Moore. If GB wanted Moore, Moore would be a Packer.