This is an all out Superbowl push....

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by NYJ1970, Mar 23, 2023.

1. NYJ1970

NYJ1970 Well-Known Member

If you didn't think this was pushing your chips to the center of the table you just haven't been watching. It would be one thing to rest on the your laurels if you signed Derek Carr and moved forward with your current team.

Adding Aaron Rodgers and going after guys like OBJ shows Woody is all about Superbowl or bust. This is the most absolute push on Jets management part to secure a Superbowl. Of course there are no guarantees and no one knows for sure what the Jets will look like come 2023 playoff time but they are definitely confident in their abilities. Woody believes in this team. The players believe in this team. I believe in this team. I think most of the fans believe in this team.

It should be a fun season to watch. I'm thinking this season will be more interesting for Jets fans than any season since 2010......

PabloJa, Footballgod214, Jojo and 4 others like this.
  2. GREG

GREG Well-Known Member

The AFC is loaded. Even the AFCE alone is loaded. If the Jets do get Rodgers, then it should make for some great games. Expect the Jets to get a bunch of primetime games this year.

PabloJa, ouchy and NOVAJET like this.
  3. teamgreen

teamgreen Well-Known Member

I don't think signing Carr would have been "resting on laurels" as it would have upgraded the QB position pretty substantially, and without sacrificing draft picks or players.
    I also think it is a very real possibility that Carr's next couple of years include better QB play than Rodgers. Maybe not more likely, but certainly possible.
    Lastly, it is also a very real possibility that with Rodgers, the Jets remain the 4th-best (i.e.- last season, and now) or 3rd-best team in their own division. Still a lot of O-line questions and scheme questions despite the skill player talent the Jets have on offense.
    Going from bottom few in the league in offense to the top often requires more than just a player change-- even when that player is a past-prime HoF bound QB.
    --
    I agree that it'll be a really interesting season, and I'm hopeful for the best.
    But- my prediction is that the Jets will overpay for Rodgers, and come up short, and look foolish in the long-term as a result.

4. NOVAJET

NOVAJET "2020 TGG Fantasy Football Champ"

I'm glad I'm not in your shoes lol. The Jets beat the bills with Zach Wilson and almost again with Mike White and they are 3rd in the division with Rodgers:confused: The pessimism out of some people makes me feel sorry for thir state of mind, yes I tend to look on the brighter side and may embellish expectations but holy shit the darksiders are downright depressing.

PabloJa, dmw, Jets OG fan and 9 others like this.
  5. UK_Chilts

UK_Chilts Well-Known Member

Amen to that, brother.

6. westiedog1

westiedog1 Well-Known Member

Agree. Jets no longer in team building mode. JD going for the brass ring.

dmw likes this.
  7. stinkyB

stinkyB 2009 Best Avatar Award Winner

8. Losmeister

Losmeister Well-Known Member

flag for misleading subject title.

9. blackssmagic

blackssmagic Well-Known Member

This is exactly like the Rams with the exception of JD not having a fuck dem picks t-shirt

10. ukjetsfan

ukjetsfan Well-Known Member

I don't think it's an all-out Super Bowl push if it's just Rodgers who comes here. But if we go for OBJ and guys like Zeke, then yeah, I would agree.

11. Jets69

Jets69 Well-Known Member

Doubtful, it's more like a move of desperation, they know they failed with the Wilson pick, and they want Rodgers to cover it up, this has same ol Jets written all over it, any other competent organization, would've walked away long ago, as long as this has drug out, for dude who may give you a 1yr at most

12. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

I'd feel a lot better about going "all in" if we had a Bruce Arians or Sean McVay piloting the S.S. NY Jets.

Until proven otherwise... we don't have the coaching horsepower to get it done.

13. burf

burf Well-Known Member

For me, it's not pessimism, per se... more like disappointment.
    I've been waiting for years to see the Jets rebuild via the draft, then throwing in some free-agents when 'ready', to fill holes... to build a consistent winning team.
    We were on that track, with a major burp being Zach not being developed.
    If I thought the team was on the cusp, I'd be all-in on AR et al.
    But I think this jettison of a patient rebuild, for a win-now scenario is premature.
    And therein lies my disappointment.
    If this was happening next season, I'd be better with it, but as of now...
    I think the D was overrated; I have major questions about Saleh, especially after the season-ending collapse; & there's the OL whoever it consists of, needs time to stabilize & jell.
    So, I'm disappointed in the new direction the team is heading.

If they were going to change direction, I would've preferred going the Sean Payton route, bringing in an experienced winning CS, to grow the young nucleus.
    Now, it looks like JD's gonna overpay for AR, & bring in OBJ, Zeke, & probably other beat-up vets.
    Not a formula for building a consistent winner.

#13 burf, Mar 24, 2023
    Last edited: Mar 24, 2023
  14. LogeSection2RowJ

LogeSection2RowJ Well-Known Member

I agree we lack coaching horsepower, and like you would feel better about an all out push if we had that coach. But it's certainly not impossible.

15. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

Oh yeah... it's possible... and I'm backing the maneuver even with our coaching staff.
    I wanted Carr... but when Rodgers became a possibility it seemed like the move to make.

And fuck it... I'm not getting any younger.
    Don't know if I can suffer through another rebuild... another failed QB prospect... another front office purge.

Enough's enough... time to be bold.

16. BudJet

BudJet Well-Known Member

If we sign Zeke its more like tanking mode.

burf likes this.
  17. Footballgod214

Footballgod214 Well-Known Member

Joe Douglas has been 'team building' for 3 years now.

It's time

[​IMG]

18. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 2018 Funniest Member Award Winner

The Jets would go all-in with Clark Griswold.

NY Jets68 likes this.
  19. stinkyB

stinkyB 2009 Best Avatar Award Winner

Sorry folks, the parks closed.....

Pepsiguy5 and Dierking like this.
  20. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

That and the Rams making the playoffs three out of four seasons, including a Super Bowl appearance, before trading for Stafford.

ouchy likes this.