2023 NFL Free Agency - News and Rumors

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Brook!, Mar 12, 2023.

1. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

Calvin Johnson and Ndamakung Suh But you could have looked that up instead of being lazy.

2. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

Yeah like they kept Zach Wilson under wraps?

I actually thought for awhile there that the Jets were doing a great job of misdirection looking to build up a strong trade market for the pick but no, they were actually just being stupid and trumpeting it all over the place so everybody could see how special we were.

mrodriguez4096 and ouchy like this.
  3. KingRoach

KingRoach Well-Known Member

Simply reading your posts is all the effort they’re worth.

SOJAZ likes this.
  4. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

Huh? You are all over the map. Is there no end to bringing in Zach out of contest at every turn, or JD for that matter. Are you really comparing selecting a draft pick to negotiating a trade for some one you want? Like NO kept the Carr situation hidden, same with the Raiders and Garappolo. The silence is in regards to the current status of the contract negotiations, not a rumor not a sound, leaving the media critics to ravel in stupid statements with no facts.
    But of course that flew right over. Not surprised. Then again why should JD play games with the second pick of the draft if that is who he wanted, right or wrong. Oh wait, my bad, because he should have done what some fans wanted three years ago, therefor we must bring it up on every thread every day regardless of the topic to prove them right.

ColoradoContrails likes this.
  5. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

Huh? In regard to the bolded, QB is the worst position for the Jets this off-season. The Jets have gone from Flacco, White and Wilson as quarterbacks to Wilson only; how can that be anything but worse?

SOJAZ likes this.
  6. JetFanInNE

JetFanInNE Well-Known Member

Season hasn’t started yet. There’s still plenty of time to run it back with the 2023 edition (Wentz and Bridgewater?)

7. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

What might be, might be. Today the Jets are much worse than they were when the last season ended in the QB position despite the claim I replied to.

8. BacktoQueens

BacktoQueens Well-Known Member

Still hoping to hear about a Calais Campbell signing.
    As well as a Quinnen extension.

KY Jets Fan, LAJet and Lon Chaney like this.
  9. Jets79

Jets79 Well-Known Member

Yes agreed, QB IS worse right now … my point was I’m looking at the rest of the team and I feel like we’ve taken a step back almost…Lazard is an upgrade to Berrios, but losing Rankins puts a hole in our DL and our OL depth is not great…we’ve signed a couple of guys there so maybe its a wash but just in general it feels like we did not improve our team outside of QB

Back to QB, yes clearly we are worse right now, but I do think AR will be here eventually and I also trust JD not to give up the house for him. But we’ll see…

Ralebird likes this.
  10. rammagen

rammagen Well-Known Member

So was I but CC is situational player. On certain downs I would kick JFM to the inside, and rotate between the 3 ends Lawson, JJ , and Huff

JetFanInPA likes this.
  11. NOVAJET

NOVAJET "2020 TGG Fantasy Football Champ"

This is my dream, I am admittedly a huge Ekeler homer. He's probably my favorite non Jet player. Perfect compliment to Breece, he is the Aaron Jones piece, the LT to Shonn Greene peice. If Breece isn't 100% Ekeler is, I've watched him for years and he is an unstoppable little fella. Total difference maker and explosive playmaker.

12. GQMartin

GQMartin Go 'Cuse

I'd be in.

But all of these target acquisitions are reminiscent of Madden franchise moves.

Douglas is a penny pincher by nature (both money and asset-wise). No reason to believe he makes any splash FA moves outside of role players or camp fodder.

13. KY Jets Fan

KY Jets Fan Moderator

Plenty of time and quality FA's left, so no need to worry IMO. Like you said, most of the guys we've lost so far were depth pieces. Really the only quality starter we lost was Rankins, but with how much the CS and FO value the OL and DL, I do think they'll make a move to add his replacement. A Calais Campbell signing makes sense to me, especially with them making a run at Fletcher Cox before he re-signed with the Eagles.

If this Rodgers thing doesn't work out, I think they'll check into Lamar, but wouldn't surprise me to see them try and move up in the draft and go for one of the guys (likely Levis or Richardson) that slips to the back end of the top 10. I know they wanted a vet going into this offseason but I can't imagine they'd be too interested in what's left unless it was extremely cheap.

Jets79 likes this.
  14. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

There are some folks here than think the day free agency starts JD should be able to fill every hole with the top free agents like if the other 35 teams and GM are asleep at the switch with no leverage. JD went after those he targeted at the price he established and he hit on some and missed on some. Cox choose to remain an Eagle for less money. Orlando got a monster deal with the SB champ. I wouldn’t call it not being proactive. He choose not to go after the top safety. We are not going to be top notch at every position. Our D last year was ranked 5th. We lost one starter on the D line. Calais is still in play and that would be nice. Jones, non withstanding some views here is a solid center and we could use a vet for AR. We can also draft one for the future.
    As for QB, I don’t see us going after LJ. If this thing falls apart, which I seriously doubt unless GB management is stupid and vindictive enough to screw the team royally to stick it to AR, JD might go elsewhere, maybe even a trade with the Rams.

15. NOVAJET

Between Stafford and Lamar the Jets absolutely have leverage, I'm starting to smell a fleecing here which might be what's taking so long.

16. BacktoQueens

BacktoQueens Well-Known Member

A second rounder would be fair comp.

The Packers are trying to fleece the Jets, but it’s not going to work.
    Have to wait them out, as their expectations for a first is not realistic.

They will want a pick this year, so the motivation will be there to get it done by the draft.

If the Pack holds out beyond the draft it could get dicey. Will be at least June 1 at that point.

Jets79 and LAJet like this.
  17. NOVAJET

Not sure how accurate..
    Probably BS

18. NOVAJET

Nooooooo

BacktoQueens likes this.
  19. Nyjets4eva

Nyjets4eva Well-Known Member

why would it be BS? We do need a center lol but he’s older wonder how many years this is for if we offered a deal

20. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

Do we know anything about this Elrod guy?