Aaron Rodgers confirms he wants to play for the JETS!

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Brook!, Mar 13, 2023.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GreenGreek

GreenGreek Well-Known Member

Exactly. After June 1st it makes it a bit easier on GB's cap for GB to trade or release him. It doesn't make it any easier for another team to absorb his contract without him being willing to restructure his deal. If he refuses to restructure for any team besides the Jets, the Packers have no leverage.

2. GreenGreek

GreenGreek Well-Known Member

Not true. Depth is attainable. Getting high impact players is difficult. If you trade up, you have to get it right. Joe has gotten it right with AVT, Hall and Johnson.

Lon Chaney and ColoradoContrails like this.
  3. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 2018 Funniest Member Award Winner

Two out of three isn't bad, but Johnson gets an incomplete from me.

4. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

You can always get street meat to fill out your roster after all the trade ups as the Jets have proven over and over again.

Chad's career was derailed by total mismanagement of an outstanding OL that was inherited from Parcells. Turnstiles over and over again somewhere on that line and Chad went down each time. The follies still weren't over in the Sanchez years and he was essentially retired as Jets QB after a 2011 season that saw Wayne Hunter pressed into service as a starter with no tools to handle the outside rush.

AVT did a great job of protecting the Jets QB in the latter half of last season. The ghosts of the two third round picks the Jets gave up to acquire him pitched in mightily to help the Jets out.

I BTW have complete contempt for the GM's that think they can cherry-pick their way to a championship. Those guys always lose out and take us along for the ride.

5. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

Completely and absolutely disagree. You trade up and you trade down depending on talent available, KC for Mahomes, SF for Jerry Rice, Dallas for Emmit Smith, Tamp Bay up and down moves for Sapp and Brooks, and latest our own JD for AVT and Hall, all perennial pro bowlers is absolutely the sign of superior GM work.

ColoradoContrails and Lon Chaney like this.
  6. stinkyB

stinkyB 2009 Best Avatar Award Winner

not if those 3 dudes turn out to be turds....

Lon Chaney likes this.
  7. burf

burf Well-Known Member

IIRC, you can add to that GB has to decide on Love's 5th-year option, which is somewhere in the range of $20mil. I think that date is around May 15th.

It is kinda amusing that some of the posters here, have more of a sense what's going on, than most of the Media. Most of the time, I learn more here after sifting thru the nonsense, than wasting time with the Media.
    And for anyone not familiar with SportsSpyder, it's a great media aggregate site that is pretty up-to-the-minute with relevant tweets, & a wide-range of Media sites. And it allows to remove any click-bait sites, so nonsense can be kept to a minimum.

----> https://sportspyder.com/nfl/new-york-jets/news

8. Br4d

The guy you cherry-pick can be a turd and he can also get hurt.

If you're any good at drafting you should be willing to drop 9 slots in the 1st round and add two prime 3rd round picks. If you think you're a genius you will go the other way every time and we've seen exactly what that leads to a couple of years up the road.

9. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

Releasing him would never be an option, they would look like bumbling idiots. They dug the grave when they put AR in the past tense.

10. Br4d

There's no point in releasing Aaron Rodgers at this point. He is guaranteed the money no matter what.

Seriously if I'm the Jets and this goes on much longer I am withdrawing whatever offer is on the table and bringing in LJ for conversations. Depending on how that goes I am sending people to every QB draft prospects pro days.

The Packers will wake up one morning and realize that musical chairs is rapidly winding down and they have no seat at the table to dump that contract on.

11. stinkyB

stinkyB 2009 Best Avatar Award Winner

of course.... but when your team is at the bottom of the barrel in regards to talent you have to make moves to turn that around. Its not the same as teams that have had solid, stable leadership for a period of time, affording the ability to select quantity over quantity to brood a "next man up" philosophy..... the JETS havent had a front line of premier guys in quite awhile.

12. ouchy

ouchy Well-Known Member

And the Johnson trade up caused the Hall trade up.

abyzmul likes this.
  13. Barry the Baptist

Barry the Baptist Hello son, would you like a lolly?

It's pretty incredible as it should be, they've got these massive veranda windows (which for some reason are never open) that open up and you can see the Strip behind you. I've got pics somewhere from some of the games. I'll have to upload somehow.

Cman68 likes this.
  14. KWJetsFan

KWJetsFan Well-Known Member

Is this whole Rodgers ordeal over yet? Just asking for a friend.

IIMeanDeanII, Cman68 and JetFanInNE like this.
  15. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

I live there part time. Will be at the game this year against the Jets. My buddy has premium season seats. Best part is you can bus in and out game day from many locations, piece of cake, literally back and soak in a jacuzzi to celebrate with a drink 30 minutes after the Jets win with AR behind center.

#1175 LAJet, Mar 20, 2023
    Last edited: Mar 20, 2023
    Barry the Baptist, Cman68 and Brook! like this.
  16. MDJets

MDJets Well-Known Member

Rams open to trading Stafford. If true, why not have discussions and see what it will involve. And put pressure on GB.

17. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

I mentioned that on another thread. Put some anxiety on GB if done properly.

#1177 LAJet, Mar 20, 2023
    Last edited: Mar 20, 2023
    Borat and MDJets like this.
  18. MDJets

MDJets Well-Known Member

sorry for the repeat but yeah I would imagine it would make them nervous. Why not? Heck they can even throw in a DT or LB with Stafford…

19. Barry the Baptist

Barry the Baptist Hello son, would you like a lolly?

Yup and for fans who fly in if they stay at the right hotel they can walk to the stadium in about 15 minutes and be back throwing cash on the tables almost immediately after the game. I'm hoping the game isn't early in the season because I'm making the trip to Ann Arbor this season (did Notre Dame last year) for UNLV to play in the Big House. Also an excuse for my lad to take another college visit

Brook! and LAJet like this.
  20. Borat

Borat Well-Known Member

I have a feeling JD is not willing to part with 2nd round pick this year. We paid only one pick for Favre, a conditional 4th, which could be 1st, and that pick was only after Favre season. Nothing before. In this case, I think JD is still offering that next year's pick, but may be willing to sweeten it with the 3d round pick this year. To offer #43 overall is more than "sweeten", it is a really good pick, almost a first rounder. I just have a feeling he does not want to give up high 2nd this year AND a conditional 1st next year. I just think if he offered 2nd, the deal would have been done. GB cannot be that stupid. This may go all the way until the draft, but I have a feeling JD may get this done without 1st or 2nd pick this year.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.