2023 NFL Free Agency - News and Rumors

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Brook!, Mar 12, 2023.

1. stinkyB

stinkyB 2009 Best Avatar Award Winner

2. Footballgod214

Footballgod214 Well-Known Member

Few teams have solid Olines across all 5 positions plus good backups. Just not that many huge men that are fleet of foot yet strong as an ox. That's why many of these dudes are paid more than 2nd tier QBs. Guards included.

Jets suffered more injuries along the oline than I can remember in recent history. Practically the entire line was wiped out...twice.

Our men will come back healthy, becton, AVT, Brown, Max, plus a few more vets and maybe one or two fresh meat from the draft. We'll be just fine, and we'll be in the same boat as any other team if our starters get IR'd.

Brook!, KingRoach, Nyjets4eva and 3 others like this.
  3. Footballgod214

Footballgod214 Well-Known Member

Pic of your 89 yr old mom-in-law pls!

tomdeb and stinkyB like this.
  4. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

Why would anyone make such a stupid statement on something that has not even happened and is probably not even true? You are wrong on so many counts with this this post is not even funny. First, one does not preclude the other, the draft has not occurred yet, and your patent dislike about JD at each and every turn tells me you have no clue how much he has done so far, ignoring all the good and keep harping on the same point at nausea.

5. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

Aaron Rodgers will steal the headlines and put JD over the top but the reality is we’ve whiffed badly everywhere other than QB and WR.

6. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

I know he's 13-37 as a GM over the last 3 seasons and looking at anything else he has done is ridiculous.

At least force him to become a .500 GM before you drool all over him.

The Lions drafted two of the greatest NFL players of their era in a 3 year span and a FQB and they still blew chunks. They knew talent when they had top picks available but they had no idea how to build a team.

7. NOVAJET

NOVAJET "2020 TGG Fantasy Football Champ"

This hurts the worst, loved him

8. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

Well, your response has zero todo with my comment on your post but whatever, in fact it reinforces it. We are a QB away from being a winner. That’s pre supposes a solid roster, which we haven’t had for ever. So he seems to know a thing or two about that.

9. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

I’m not in favor of a trade that involves JJ. He is a piece of our future building block.

10. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

Winning the free agency highlights does mean much at all, and we learned that last year.

11. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

I see this trope a lot on Twitter this offseason but we had holes and didn’t plug any of them. In fact we’ve gotten weaker at one of our areas of strength.

12. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 2018 Funniest Member Award Winner

13. KingRoach

KingRoach Well-Known Member

Well, don’t keep us in suspense…..

14. Nyjets4eva

Nyjets4eva Well-Known Member

I didn’t see anything about that, is that something being said?

15. Ptflea2

Ptflea2 Well-Known Member

Cimini brought it up in his article on ESPN yesterday. It was just speculation on what Green Bay might covet in trade compensation.

16. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

A couple of rumors out there, one from Cimini, for whatever is worth.

17. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

I must admit, so far the lack of any solid information whatsoever in Jets land is amazing. This organization with JD at the helm keeps everything under wraps in stellar fashion. A quality I'm sure completely pisses off the insider's ability to feed the rumor mills

Jets79 likes this.
  18. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

huh? under wraps? they made a public spectacle of it when they visited him

Acad23 likes this.
  19. Jets79

Jets79 Well-Known Member

AR aside…and I totally get that AR changes EVERYTHING about this offseason, but outside of QB, it feels like we’ve gotten worse not better so far this offseason. While maybe the only real key player we lost was Rankins, we’ve lost plenty of depth and to me, the other players outside of Rankins who I’d have preferred to keep are Herbig (who was serviceable at guard) and Mike White. But just feels like we are going to need the draft to help fill holes at OL, DT, and S.

Granted, getting AR would change everything, and he’s good enough to more than make up for those losses, but until that deal is done, it’s not done. And if somehow it ends up NOT happening, then we are up shit’s creek at QB because there are literally no good options left. I’m not on board with giving up multiple first rounders for Lamar who will likely continue to get hurt, and who I don’t believe in our coaches’ ability to craft an offense tailored to him. There are literally no other options outside of maybe a Teddy Bridgewater or a trade for an injured Matt Stafford or perhaps Tannehill. None of those options are going to excite a fanbase and sell tickets.

anyway…I still think AR gets done eventually, but if it doesn’t, man oh man next year will be rough.

KY Jets Fan likes this.
  20. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

If they dont close the deal on Rodgers they can pretty much pack their bags, rewrite their resumes, call up their old friends and see if there are gonna be any openings, etc.

(by they I mean everyone below Hymie Elhai)

It sucks but that's where we are AND....the Packers know that

SOJAZ likes this.