Aaron Rodgers confirms he wants to play for the JETS!

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Brook!, Mar 13, 2023.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

I don’t understand why Corey Davis is always in the fan speculated deals. We don’t want him, why would they ?

ouchy likes this.
  2. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

Not a lot of options in free agency. Orlando got a boat load of money and went to the SB champs. A no brainer. No way JD can win that battle.

3. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

This year the consensus top 3 could easily be worse than the 3 guys behind them. It's the perfect year to trade down and get value and let the league sort it out for you in the process.

For OT's it's like 2014 was for QB's. Nobody is seen as a lock cinch top 5 guy and lots of guys look like 1st round quality.

If you look at all the rankings lists almost nobody has an OT in the top 10. That's a perfect opportunity to trade down from the 13 and still get as good an OT as the teams that might pick one in front of you.

4. Borat

Borat Well-Known Member

I want him. I thought Corey had a good year this year. Limited drops, big time catches, excellent blocking. He did miss 4 games due to injury, plus a few other games partially, but when he played, I thought he was good. I don't want to lose a guy like that. I want to see what he can do with a good QB. Even with Lazard here. We finally have 4 good WRs on the team. Plus Mims as #5. Let's keep it that way.

It's simply not true. Here is the compilation of all mocks: https://www.nflmockdraftdatabase.com/mock-drafts/2023/consensus-mock-draft-2023
    Scoronski #9, Paris #11, Jones #13.... Huge drop off... Harrison #24.

One is consensus top 10, and only 4 spots difference between 1st and 3d. Then there 11 spots difference between 3d and 4th. There is a clear delineation of projected talent.

5. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

Trade down now so the no. 13 pick is not an option in negotiations with Green Bay, worse comes to worse you end up with multiple 2nds or 3rds and that’s what we want anyway

6. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

There isn't a clear delineation at all. Skoronski is generally seen as the top talent but the lists don't uniformly have him in the top 10 let alone the top 5 where the best OT's generally reside.

7. mezzavo

mezzavo Well-Known Member

This kid, Richardson, out of Florida really adds an interesting twist. There are a lot of teams that would pull the trigger on him regardless of his production, or lack thereof, because of the combine performance. I could easily see him sitting there at 13 which would give the Jets a perfect opportunity to trade down and pick up multiple picks. As one poster mentioned, you "might" be able to pull off a trade pre-draft. That would do a couple things, allow for the pick to be "off the table" in any Rodgers talks as well as give us more ammunition to pick up multiple o-line prospects to get that area of the team some much needed help.

Of course that's assuming someone isn't really off the rails and drafts the kid in the top 10 which would be dumb dumb dumb... Soooo many potential options.

Br4d likes this.
  8. Borat

Borat Well-Known Member

Jets should start spreading the word that they are in love with some of these QBs and might actually draft one. The aim is to sit behind Rodgers, but if not ... we at least have some options. That will put more pressure on GB. The more I think about it, the more I am confident the trade will be done by the draft day with GB the one caving in.

mezzavo, Jets79 and LAJet like this.
  9. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

I still think this is a the perfect year to trade down the first pick and leverage the depth particularly in regards to OL and TE. You could get immediate starter talent all the way to the third round where in yeas past that was not the case. The separation is not that severe and will continue to change as we get closer to the draft. Plus we need picks to leverage our AR trade. I'm of the opinion we should trade GB the 13th for the 17th, and a second next year contingent on AR playing the whole year, escalating to a first if we make the second play off round. We might even want to move down and trade the 17th depending on OL available.

Br4d likes this.
  10. NJJets

NJJets Well-Known Member

It might rock some boats, but my ideal scenario is to acquire Rodgers and then use our first (13th overall) on Richardson if he’s there. If there’s even been a prospect that is stupid talented but needs time to sit and learn it’s Richardson. You sit Richardson for 2 years and you could very well have a stud franchise guy. Richardson has more talent in one finger than Zach Wilson has in his entire body.

11. Losmeister

Losmeister Well-Known Member

the more this drags on.... the more Jetsier it becomes...

we're gonna end up with Lazard and no Rodgers?

NY Jets68 likes this.
  12. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

Lazard is an upgrade over Davis and a good signing regardless of who the QB is.

BradysTornACL and burf like this.
  13. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

The lesson to be learned there - especially with Warner - is that sometimes the "experts" are wrong, even the geniuses on this forum. Of course to know if this might be the case needs more information than anyone here has for sure. Only the people close to the situation have that kind of info, and only if they remain openminded about the possibility/potential Zach might have.

Based upon their continued assertion that they believe Zach can still become a FQB, I'm going to go with their assessment until/if they change it.

14. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

That’s great either way

15. AG3

AG3 Well-Known Member

Nothing is dragging on. Deal will get done next week.

16. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

97%?

17. burf

burf Well-Known Member

Just semantics... reinventing vs turning on a light.
    I know you disagree, but I don't see where Zach ever had good coaching.
    He seemed just as raw throughout college, & his NFL play.
    With the Jets, it seems to me, he was taught the playbook, & how to play scared... what not to do, rather than what to do.
    So now, still only 23, he has two experienced coaches, & possibly his idol, who seems to have taken an interest in Zach. Not even being on the Jets, I've heard AR speak of things Zach might want to do.
    And since he's likely on the team, I'd prefer to see him develop on the Jets, as opposed to getting a 2nd-chance with another team.
    Obviously, if Zach is able to find his way to productivity, that would be the best scenario for the team.

18. burf

burf Well-Known Member

You really think the Jets broadcast schedule, with or without AR, would be the same?
    If the trade happens, Jets games will be a primo draw.
    The sooner all production logistics are set, the more profit for everyone.
    The NFL wants this done before the draft.

19. typeOnegative13NY

typeOnegative13NY Well-Known Member

97%… I’m 34% sure of it.

20. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

Borat and Br4d like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.