Aaron Rodgers confirms he wants to play for the JETS!

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Brook!, Mar 13, 2023.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. stinkyB

stinkyB 2009 Best Avatar Award Winner

I have one request.

Can we not refer to him as "Arod"? I prefer not to give him the same moniker as the other douche....

2. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

A_Rod?

3. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 2018 Funniest Member Award Winner

That about Aarod?

Fiftynine and sozopol like this.
  4. burf

burf Well-Known Member

I think most Packers fans will be pressuring their management, to just let him go, after all AR's given to them over 2 decades. He seemed genuinely hurt by how the Packers are handling this.
    The Packers also have to play it gingerly with AR... if they drag it on, he can just say make a deal by next Friday, or I'll see you at TC in July. Then what does GB do?
    Lastly, there's the Saleh/LaFleur friendship.
    They both want to get this thing done yesterday, so there'll be pressure from them.

My speculation meter says it'll be done by sometime next week, if not before.

ColoradoContrails likes this.
  5. JackBower

JackBower Well-Known Member

a-aron

[​IMG]

sozopol and stinkyB like this.
  6. joelip

joelip Well-Known Member

I think you make a valid point about what this situation does to the Jets' free agency. However, I think the impact upon the Packers' ability to sign any free agents will be greater in that they are now responsible for Rodgers' bloated contract, so that they will have less money available to sign free agents. Plus, there seems to be a perception among players that the Packers have treated Rodgers in a shoddy way, which makes Green Bay a less that attractive landing spot for free agents.

7. stinkyB

stinkyB 2009 Best Avatar Award Winner

How about A-Rog

[​IMG]

BacktoQueens and Cman68 like this.
  8. Borat

Borat Well-Known Member

Maybe JD had a favorable deal and GB reneged, it's possible. But it does not really matter now. The reality today (and for the past 6 days) is that GB wants more than JD is offering. I feel pretty confidently saying that's where we are now. Maybe they want #13, and JD is offering 2nd, maybe there is something ese, but there is a wide enough gap, where it's been almost a week and they can't bridge it, even though both are motivated.

As far as how long can Packers drag it out.
    Next milestone is the draft end of April. If they want a draft pick this year, they can drag it out until end the draft. Advantage Jets.
    After the draft next milestone is OTAs in May
    . Jets would prefer to have Arod there. But it is not critical. Favre joined in August, and it was fine (until he got hurt in the second half of the season). Advantage Packers.
    Then there is June 1st.
    Pack may prefer to trade after June 1st to spread CAP hit between this and next year. Or they may prefer to do it before to take all hit this year. Majority of the people think it is favorable for the Pack to do it AFTER June 1st. Advantage Packers.
    Then training camp July 26.
    Bad for the Jets if he does not show up. But it would be weird if he comes to the Packers camp. Still, worse for us. Advantage Packers.
    Start of NFL Season Sept 8.
    Packers have to get rid of him by then or they pay 58 mil bonus. That is not an option. Huge Advantage Jets.

So, given all that, it sounds like Pack can wait until the draft rather easily. Possibly even later. My guess and hope is, once it gets closer to the draft, they would want to confirm the pick they have and might cave on some demands, so the trade should happen at some point on or before the draft night. Hard to tell at this point if they want to go to June 1st, but it is another solid possibility. I think it will be before the draft though.

9. sozopol

sozopol Well-Known Member

Best thing that happened yesterday? That poster bickybam or whatever got banned. Literally every other post in every thread was some smarmy or passive-aggressive comment from him. I've actually been visitng the site less because of that, it was exhausting.

SOJAZ, Poeman and Cman68 like this.
  10. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 2018 Funniest Member Award Winner

rogerblaze

11. LogeSection2RowJ

LogeSection2RowJ Well-Known Member

PLEASE!

12. dawinner127

dawinner127 Well-Known Member

Those are all possibilities but optics matter in this. Dragging one of your best players of all time through the mud is an awful look and that definitely matters. They are already known as a team who doesn't spend crazy money on outside FAs, if they start dragging their best players through the mud? Idk..

13. ILoveTheJets

ILoveTheJets Active Member

Am I the only one who thinks the trade will not happen? Packers want first rounds picks and more but Jets should not give up a first round pick for a 39 year quarterback, a 3rd round pick is a fair offer in my opinion

14. Poeman

Poeman Well-Known Member

Hang in there pal, there is a lot of good still on this forum. I usually skimmed past his long posts

sozopol likes this.
  15. Borat

Borat Well-Known Member

I do think it will happen, but you are right, it's not done until it is done. Pack HAS to get rid of him or they have to pay 58 mil cash on Sept 8th, which will also count against the CAP for years to come. And it seems like there are no takers other than the Jets. Also, they know Arod might change his mind too, and they are stuck. So, I think it will get done, but it might take until the draft or even until early June. JD needs to stay strong and we just gotta wait. May be quick, but may take months.

dawinner127 likes this.
  16. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

Is he actually? He's been following me around this morning. It goes beyond football opinion at this point so hopefully he's gone.

17. NOVAJET

NOVAJET "2020 TGG Fantasy Football Champ"

Cool graphic

SOJAZ, UK_Chilts and Borat like this.
  18. dawinner127

dawinner127 Well-Known Member

I think it gets done 100%, not even a question IMO.

19. Borat

Borat Well-Known Member

Buckle up, it will take some time.

Cman68 likes this.
  20. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

Did anyone NOT see this coming? GB isn't just gonna give Rodgers to the Jets for some BS package.. The price will be steeper than most think and no, it won't get done in a day or two either..

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.