Aaron Rodgers told Schefter to lose his number

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Brook!, Mar 15, 2023.

1. Brook!

Brook! Soft Admin...2018 Friendliest Member Award Winner

Look bud. I am a Jets fan. I eat drink breathe Jet news. Today I left work early and headed home for lunch to be able to watch Rodgers live. I know, I am pathetic. But Rodgers called out Schefter and RapSheet last month and said they don't know anybody from his inner circle. And he shares no news with them. Than Schefter texts him out of nowhere. Rodgers didn't share his number with him. He has every right to be a dick to Schefter. He invaded Rodgers privacy. And he was put in his place properly. So Rodgers is being a dick but he is not being a dick without a reason.

I admit I don't know much about Rodgers. Maybe he is an asshole maybe not. And I don't really care much. As long as he does his job properly and stay away from scandals I am OK with him. Don't care if he is the nicest guy or biggest asshole. So not arguing Rodgers with you here. I am saying you can't blame Rodgers due to his treatment of Schefter.

FYI - Fucking Schefter is a Jets fan as well in case you didn't know.

You are missing the point. Say if I shared your number with somebody you despised. And that person texted you. How would you respond?

stinkyB, NOVAJET, NY Jets68 and 2 others like this.
  2. Bills over Jets

Bills over Jets Jets over Bills

No one is mentioning this, but I think Schefter needs to be worried about his credibility and should be pissed with his sources with the packers and ravens. There are plenty of guys (Rapoport comes to mind) that are rarely correct and regularly get fed bullshit that is wrong for negotiation or media purposes. They get used as pawns. But Schefter…. Schefter was never that guy. He used people who gave him accurate info and nothing was true unless it came from him. Now, twice in the same off-season, he was fed blatantly false information by the packers and ravens organization, and the players had to step in and correct it. I would be livid if I were him, he was clearly used as a pawn, which is never really done with him.

3. MDJets

MDJets Well-Known Member

Well Scheftwr is persistent and probably annoying as shit to scoop information. That’s his job. He s a NFL report, not some random stalker. I don’t know how he got his number but pretty easy to find a number these days via internet, I dunno. If he stalked the guy it is one thing. But to call and to get information from a reporter who does report NFL things is another. Whether there was intent malice or harm on AR, we don’t know. My first point was AR is a professional and get these type of calls, texts, hated messages from fans. He trained to ignored. Whatever the situation was between the two I dunno, AR caves and called him out but in a weird way if you ask me. Unless there is a history between the two , then they are handling improperly I guess.

4. bicketybam

bicketybam Well-Known Member

Are we really arguing about Adam Schefter? Who gives a shit? If he ain't throwing TD passes for the Jets, who really cares?

5. MDJets

MDJets Well-Known Member

With you but someone created the thread…

6. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

Ahaha

Because no one cares about AR and his personality fool

I care about Wins

7. stinkyB

stinkyB 2009 Best Avatar Award Winner

So apparently there are armchair pscyologists who got degrees out of a box of Cracker Jacks in Buffalo.....

NOVAJET likes this.
  8. LogeSection2RowJ

LogeSection2RowJ Well-Known Member

Imagine if that Diane Russini got his number and sent a text… Meh, I got no problem with Schefter and found Aaron’s reply to him funny. I wouldn’t like it if I were Aaron when I didn’t give Schefter that private access. Russini on the other hand pissed me off yesterday with her BS about a wish list. It’s those type of “poke the Jets fans” things that drive me crazy.

9. NJJets

NJJets Well-Known Member

What’s funny is ESPN and NFL network are now spinning Rodgers in a negative light talking about how he may be washed up, only won one SB, etc…. I think he pissed them off and they’re gonna start going after him more. Let the games begin lol

abyzmul, stinkyB and Nyjets4eva like this.
  10. Nyjets4eva

Nyjets4eva Well-Known Member

he should be very eager to show them he’s not. This should be good for us tbh

NOVAJET and NY Jets68 like this.
  11. GasedAndConfused

GasedAndConfused Well-Known Member

i mean zach wilson wasn't throwing TDs for us either and we cared about him :(