Aaron Rodgers confirms he wants to play for the JETS!

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Brook!, Mar 13, 2023.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. IIMeanDeanII

IIMeanDeanII Well-Known Member

It does matter how you slice It.

because you are trying to discredit my position by setting the terms of this debate. That's not how It works. You can't nitpick the stats you want to use and then say, that's all the proof I need!

Doesn't work that way.

It's a wash.

I'm sure he will be serviceable, he's essentially the same player though at the end of the day. Stats actually suggest he's a lesser player overall.

However. That would be nitpicking as well.

It's just a, meh, move. It's not an upgrade.

We shall see.

2. IIMeanDeanII

I have said this In other posts. There Is something to be said for the comfort for the QB and OC. In that regard. Yeah, It's a better move.

I'm not saying I don't like the player per-say. I'm just saying, he's not someone that really gets me excited either. He's equivalent to Corey Davis In a lot of ways. All I'm saying.

I'm also stating. He has worse stats WITH Rodgers at QB than Corey Davis has had with far lesser QBs.

Just being realistic about It.

Lon Chaney likes this.
  3. SOJAZ

SOJAZ Well-Known Member

Your right I don't but your entitled to your opinion... just wondering if you had some bad experiences with an alcoholic? You seem bitter at someone you state you know nothing about other then he is a "drunk." Have you at least taken the time to learn something about him today? Probaby not but you may want to think about judging others... just saying.

Ralebird and LogeSection2RowJ like this.
  4. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

You're saying false things very matter of factly which is far worse than nitpicking (or in this case, me just flat out stating) stats. Lazard has missed three games total the last two years, in Davis' most reliable season as a Jet he missed 3 games. The other season he missed 6. You think it matters that more came in one season, in reality it doesn't. When you look at the facts, Lazard is far more likely to be on the field consistently while Davis isn't.

"Essentially the same player" as an opinion.

5. IIMeanDeanII

What have I said that Is false though?

Lazard GP
    2018 - 1
    2019 - 16
    2020 - 10
    2021 - 15
    2022 - 15
    Total - 57

Davis GP
    2018 - 16
    2019 - 15
    2020 - 14
    2021 - 9
    2022 - 13
    Total - 67

Those are the comparative stats. It's not as sound proof as you and others are making It out to be.

Then you get Into the production and It's still In Corey Davis's favor.

However. I did get the season's played wrong with Lazzard. The extra game being added fucked me up, so he did play a full season In 2019. My bad.

It does matter actually. Yeah.

This doesn't disprove anything I've said. At all.

EDIT: Also, to be clear. I don't hate this move. I don't hate the player. Perhaps, his best games are yet to be had. I'm just saying, I don't believe he Is much of an upgrade, if at all, over Davis.

#825 IIMeanDeanII, Mar 15, 2023
    Last edited: Mar 15, 2023
    ouchy likes this.
  6. Lon Chaney

Lon Chaney Well-Known Member

This is pretty spot on. I would argue that Lazard has better hands and helps the wr room install the new system.

KY Jets Fan and IIMeanDeanII like this.
  7. bicketybam

bicketybam Well-Known Member

Do you think Rodgers is an upgrade over Wilson?

8. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

But if he allows Rodgers to feel more comfortable and enables him to complete more clutch throws - even if the total number of catches is about the same - isn't that a significant upgrade? How many times did CD drop a key pass?

Again, I think you're putting too much weight on the stats and not enough on the outcomes.

9. IIMeanDeanII

Yes. Given father time hasn't taken hold yet.

10. IIMeanDeanII

I've seen Corey Davis make some pretty tough catches too. He has made some clutch catches as well. I definitely don't view It as a significant upgrade at all. I also am not a Packers fan, so I haven't seen the mistakes this kid has made along the way either. I haven't seen every drop he's had, etc...

How many of those balls were where they needed to be as well? The QB plays a factor Into that too.

So, It's not really a fair assessment for me to say either way.

11. bicketybam

I feel bad for you. Truly

12. IIMeanDeanII

So you think Wilson Is better than Rodgers?

What do you mean?

..and don't feel bad for me. I'm doing just fine, Bick.

TRULY.

13. ColoradoContrails

And therein lies the problem with stats: you can't really compare apples to apples, there are too many variables. All we can say is that Rodgers will be the next QB (hopefully), and he's shown to like throwing to Lazard. Maybe he would like throwing to Davis too, but we don't know that, so signing the definite in favor of the maybe makes sense.

IIMeanDeanII likes this.
  14. IIMeanDeanII

Yeah, It's not a terrible move overall. I just think, realistically, he's on the same level as Corey Davis. It's a, meh, move. For me.

I think that's okay to feel?

I think people think I'm hating the move. I don't. I just don't buy Into the upgrade talk right now either. That's all.

Lon Chaney likes this.
  15. ColoradoContrails

Yeah, not franchise altering, but not every stone in the arch can be a keystone.

IIMeanDeanII likes this.
  16. bicketybam

The fact you even had to clarify it with the ,"father time" comment is just mind blowing.

You're a good guy who's lost his shit. Best of luck to you.

17. yanks9596

yanks9596 Well-Known Member

Lazard is a better fit than Corey Davis particularly with Rodgers on board, for obvious reasons. I like Corey Davis a lot, by the way. The drops and injuries are a concern though. Lazard fills more of a need.

Lon Chaney likes this.
  18. IIMeanDeanII

What the fuck are you talking about?

Do QB's not get worse as they age?

He didn't have a great year last year either. So, crazier shit has happened.

Stop playing the holier than thou card and relax.. You certainly are more wrong than right on these boards, so relax, people can feel how they feel.

I haven't lost anything, Bick. I'd appreciate If you kept the personal shit to yourself though. It's unnecessary.

So, take your "feeling bad" and your "best of luck", and give It to someone who needs It.

I'm just a passionate NYJ fan who likes to talk football on a football forum.

Ralebird, jets_fan and BacktoQueens like this.
  19. bicketybam

Was Rodgers hurt last year? When people were making excuses as to why we beat the Packers I'm pretty sure it was because he was hurt.

20. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

After this windmill of misinformation I'm trying to separate facts from fiction that I read and listen to:
    A- AR is dragging his feet and not making a decision. BULLSHIT strongly created by the media with no information.
    B- The real issue is compensation and picks - FACT. While we are thrilled that AR is on board, we can not let GB fuck us over. There is a chance we will overpay for his services to pacify Woody
    C- We can now forget about Wilson - FALSE. The leadership fully intends for Zach to stay and learn under the master. And AR can do that. If Zach can not develop after watching AR close and personal for two years he is toast. That however has zero to do with who the back up QB will be in 2023. TBD
    D- The must have list for AR - FALSE There is no must have, just some vets he is most comfortable with. The first selection is a great pick that will make us better. The rest are if anything lower ranked in the roster. But if one makes AR transition and execution better why the fuck not.
    I'm sure Ill get plenty of disagreement but that is the way I see the dominoes falling

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.