Aaron Rodgers confirms he wants to play for the JETS!

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Brook!, Mar 13, 2023.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BacktoQueens

BacktoQueens Well-Known Member

Definitely not.
    Problem is i don't see how they can afford to bring in a #2 while keeping Zach.
    I was hoping they'd move Zach and re-sign White as the backup.

ouchy likes this.
  2. dawinner127

dawinner127 Well-Known Member

This doesn't even include how many times Davis got banged up early in a game only to not return.

bicketybam likes this.
  3. Jetsruby

Jetsruby Well-Known Member

The way Aaron presents himself and how other people around him act is really interesting and I genuinely don't know how to feel about it. Whenever I hear Pat talk to Aaron it's like he's worshiping a god out of fear and walking on eggshells. Aaron sometimes sounds egotistical or like he might react with a fury if you say the wrong thing. When I first heard the interview I thought "this guy called himself the greatest Packer of all time. He's debatably right but to bring it up like that rubs me the wrong way". Then I rewatched the interview and didn't catch him totally say "this is debatable...Bart and Brett were amazing" and him just pointing out he's the longest tenured packer.

What I didn't really like about the interview was how loyal he sounded to Green Bay. I'll give the man and those fans this...he really does seem to love Green Bay. He said it so many times and you could see the smile on his face. I was waiting for him to talk about how much he's now looking forward to come here. They brought up the Namath number thing and he said "now is not the time" essentially. Considering the trade isn't official yet I 100% think it would have been inappropriate to talk in depth about the Jets in that interview.

I see both sides to this guy, but it feels like he's a very sensitive bomb and you have to dance carefully around him to keep him happy. He's only gonna be here for a year or two. He mentioned he was 90% retirement before the darkness retreat which was surprising. If he was that keen on retirement, I'm not sure we get more than 1 year.

Ralebird likes this.
  4. Trainer

Trainer Well-Known Member

It's certainly intriguing and something that I would be interested in. It's more than a one-person job though, considering most of us have businesses or jobs. To do the pages justice, someone needs to be available to post as events unfold.

Brook! likes this.
  5. BacktoQueens

BacktoQueens Well-Known Member

Waiting to hear what trade terms they work out (and are likely still working out).

Always felt the Favre trade was the right barometer.
    It's literally almost the same exact scenario.
    2 firsts was never happening, and i don't believe 1 first will happen either short of a SB.

6. bicketybam

bicketybam Well-Known Member

I'm not sure how to express my feeling for this post without getting reported or banned. Let's just say I feel it's "not good."

7. Jetsruby

Jetsruby Well-Known Member

If they give us Bahktiari then they can have a 1st

8. Poeman

Poeman Well-Known Member

Wonder if he wears number 12

9. typeOnegative13NY

typeOnegative13NY Well-Known Member

If I were him, I wouldn’t have said much about coming here, being excited about it etc either, because it’s not a deal yet. I’m sure that will change if/when it’s made official.

10. KingRoach

KingRoach Well-Known Member

If GB holds to their -reported- 2 1st rd pick demand, what are the odds AR is willing to retire and fuck over the Packers cap?

I think something like that might get the negotiations going.

11. SOJAZ

SOJAZ Well-Known Member

Too bad you never saw him because he was an original dual threat QB... he could run and throw. To bad his knees were shot...but he also heald a record of 4k yrs for years until the league loosen the restraints on the O... so dude you did miss out and he has cleaned up his act but let facts spoil your diatribe... what a loser.

BacktoQueens likes this.
  12. bicketybam

#812 bicketybam, Mar 15, 2023
    Last edited: Mar 16, 2023
  13. IIMeanDeanII

IIMeanDeanII Well-Known Member

I don't hate Rodgers.

I hate our position.

Whiffing on Zach Wilson Is a major setback. It's lead us to this desperate shit.

I hate that we have to give up compensation for a guy who will be retiring In a year or two. It's not a long term solution. I've seen this story before, It didn't end well for us then either.

I'm tired of the circus atmosphere that always comes with this team. I'm tired of never having our very own, legit, badass FQB to root behind for 15-20 years. I'm tired of this awful losing streak that we've endured for the last 13 years. I'm tired of always being the bottom dwellers of the league, the laughing stock of the league, the circus culture that this team always circles back around to.

I'm not someone that ignores the facts and still pretends everything Is all okay anyway.

If we get to the Super Bowl with Aaron Rodgers. This will have all been worth It.

..but, the fact Is, that's an extreme long shot for any team. Let alone ours.. Our OL Is dog shit, our QB Is past his prime, and our OC just had one of the worst coaching performances ever. We are In a weird place with the cap, and we don't even know how much we have to give up for Rodgers at this point.

It has nothing to do with Rodgers himself. I have state this already actually. I kind of like him as a person, I'm of a similar mold I feel, and I don't truly mind how he Is going about everything. I hate the back and forth though, I hate the waiting, I hate the unknown, banking on an older player at this juncture, kind of sucks.

I didn't like that they were catering to Rodgers "wish-list". I felt that was non-sense initially. Then a poster brought up the comfort factor, having his guys for a smoother transition for not only Rodgers, but for this new offensive scheme with Hackett as well. So, I'm not as down on that aspect as I was initially.

Morale of the story.

JD fucked up by drafting Zach Wilson. It's a setback. Now we are In this position.

I want a team that will sustain itself year after year, with a legit FQB under center for the long term. Which Is exactly the plan JD entailed when he got here. We are far from that right now, and this Is a desperate move to save jobs at this point.

I'm a pessimist at heart, I'm an overthinker, and I try to stay neutral In most my opinions.

I just don't currently see this as a good thing for our long term future and that bothers me. A lot.

As far as calling Rodgers out. As long as he Isn't really bad, I can live with a miss throw from time to time. As long as there Is more good than bad, that wont be me.

Ralebird and Acad23 like this.
  14. bicketybam

See my latest post. You won't like it.

15. IIMeanDeanII

IIMeanDeanII Well-Known Member

..and that Is skewed by the fact that Davis was out the majority of those games In one season. 21'

Otherwise. Davis has played more games than not...

Lazard only played In 10 games In 2020.

So, you can pick and chose how you want to look at It but It's not like he is significantly better In this regard either though.

..and It doesn't change what I said.

Lazard has NEVER played a full season In his career. Ever.

16. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

Again, getting lost in the stats. Is there nothing to be said for familiarity and comfort between a QB and a receiver? Assuming Rodgers is the new QB, he obviously has had success throwing to Lazard and trusts him with crunch time throws. Regardless of the stats that's a fact.

Cosmo and apjbfc like this.
  17. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

Im choosing the last two years because that’s when he was a Jet so when you are talking about the obvious upgrade that Lazard is to Davis, it only makes sense to reference his time with the Jets.

Bottom line: Lazard has played 30 of 33 possible games, Davis has played 22. Doesn’t really matter how you slice it. And this is just one facet of why it’s an upgrade. It’s one of the most obvious though.

18. bicketybam

Come to the light

19. SOJAZ

SOJAZ Well-Known Member

20. hornblower

hornblower Well-Known Member

Joe Namath was the real deal and remains the face of the Jets. In his day QB's were not protected and receivers were hit all the way downfield. He also called his own plays. His teammates loved him and he made the merger with the NFL a reality.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.