Aaron Rodgers confirms he wants to play for the JETS!

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Brook!, Mar 13, 2023.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. burf

burf Well-Known Member

In the physical world, there's matter, and anti-matter.
    And similarly, on TGG, there are posts that matter, & lots of posters that prefer the anti-matter realm.

As some may have noticed, I've been from the outset against an AR trade.
    I'm still on the fence, contingent upon what assets the Jets actually give up.

BUT
    , listening & watching AR today... the guy won me over.
    All the crap about him being a Diva, etc, is just total BS.
    He's just a very talented guy, who's thoughtful, realistic, & sensitive... who's been trying to figure out his place in the world, much like we all do... but unlike us, he does it under a microscope.
    His transparency today was refreshing.

And since the Zach peanut-gallery is in full force... after today, I have no doubts that AR will work with Zach.
    So, now Zach finally has a couple of experienced coaches, and a mentor, to learn the ropes.
    He's been given a 2nd-chance to prove himself worthy of his draft status.
    We'll see how that works out.

2. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

Not a McCaffee fan myself, I'll give you that, but this time it felt the shake down was appropriate. From Doggie on down the media bottom feeders I was getting sick of the ranting about AR without facts BS.

burf and hornblower like this.
  3. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

This trade, if and when it happens, is the best possible outcome for ZW to resurrect his career. If he can't learn from his idol, he's probably done in the NFL. There's no way he can make life miserable for AR nor would he want to as that's his idol. I'd like to think ZW has his notepad out and watches a lot of AR tape in the coming months. Maybe some of the technique and prep Rodgers does will rub off.

SOJAZ, NY Jets68, burf and 5 others like this.
  4. ouchy

ouchy Well-Known Member

We're going all in this season. Should Zach Wilson be our #2 QB?

5. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

i wish I could have said it as well as you did. 10000% spot on. He absolutely won me over today. Fuck the rest, starting with the media that has poisoned fan perceptive with nothing but a whole lot of BS to sell clicks.

SOJAZ, Acad23, burf and 1 other person like this.
  6. Jetsruby

Jetsruby Well-Known Member

Why was there reports Aaron had not given the Packers an answer. The Packers beat writer reported this just before McAfee yet Aaron says he gave them an answer Friday. So confusing. All the Jets beat were more on the "compensation holdout" side while other sources were reporting it was Aaron holding it up prior to his McAfee appearance. Rodgers even alluded to this distinction. Do you think the Packers GM had amnesia and forgot

ouchy likes this.
  7. Poeman

Poeman Well-Known Member

Espn putting Teddy Bruschi the fucking Patsy toolbag act on Aaron being delusional.

This is with Schefter and Russini on there where Rodgers put on blast.

Also Tannenbaum coming on saying Packers have all the leverage. WHAT???? GTFO

hornblower likes this.
  8. ouchy

ouchy Well-Known Member

We got the Aaron Rodgers spin today, and it absolutely was about deflecting any accountability for the drama from him. He was just a victim...
    But he said what desperate fans want to hear so for them it was the 100% truth.

One way or another, this will be an entertaining season.

Ralebird, Cman68 and JETFUEL1580 like this.
  9. Stevied

Stevied Well-Known Member

35 years old..been a fan since I watched the jets blowout the panthers in week 13(?) of ‘98.
    Outside of the patriots divisional win, this is the happiest I’ve ever been as a Jets fan!!

And I’ll say this, whatever happens this year-we need to keep Douglas!

burf likes this.
  10. Poeman

Poeman Well-Known Member

0 chance we trade that pick

11. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

Yeah but I'm getting ready to move to Savannah...I still don't think I can be bitter there though.:D

Brook! and Jets-N-Terps like this.
  12. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

That depends on what he shows heading into the season, but it's not unrealistic. If JD thinks he can still be a FQB - and I know you and most others disagree - then being the #2 QB shouldn't be unrealistic. It will be his third year, he's gained experience - good and bad (and often bad experience is a better teacher than good), he won't be forced to play in a system that doesn't suit his strengths, he'll have an OC who has a track record as having success with QBs who previously struggled, he'll have a bona fide great QB to watch and learn from. If he can't be QB#2 with all that, then I'll agree he was a massive mistake and be happy to move on and look for a new FQB prospect next year.

SOJAZ, burf and hornblower like this.
  13. BacktoQueens

BacktoQueens Well-Known Member

Very excited to have Rodgers here!
    Will make a huge difference compared to where we've been at.

Never understood a strategy that involved pairing a raw rookie QB, with a rookie HC, rookie OC, very inexperienced roster, and no competition for the starting spot.
    Having a vet like Rodgers is going to elevate the play of the young players, while giving the coaches a little more margin of error.

14. bicketybam

bicketybam Well-Known Member

So kudos to JD?

15. IIMeanDeanII

IIMeanDeanII Well-Known Member

This Is a misconception as well.

Allen Lazard has NEVER played a full season.

16. LogeSection2RowJ

LogeSection2RowJ Well-Known Member

Happy Day Boys! I am thrilled. That said, it's funny now reading the talk about Zach getting to learn and perhaps salvage a career HERE. Are we only now publicly taking about that because Aaron has committed to us? I was thinking this throughout the entire process but didn't post about (or did I?) thinking my head would be taken off. Sure, it's up to Zach whether or not he re-ups after '23, but I like how it's now a possibility.

Stevied likes this.
  17. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

He’s played 11 more than Davis in the last two years.

18. bicketybam

bicketybam Well-Known Member

You're digging in deep.

You are a great poster. I didn't always agree with you but you always made sense and backed up your position. I'm not sure what is going on now. You hate having Aaron Rodgers as QB? It seems like you've gone off the deep end. And I'll be the guy that is deemed an asshole for posting it but I truly believe many here are thinking the same thing.

Come back to us, Dean! Good things are on the horizon. Don't be the guy next season just waiting for that bad play so you can say "I told you so!" We need good fans like you. Maybe, just maybe, this could be our year.

Lon Chaney and dawinner127 like this.
  19. BacktoQueens

BacktoQueens Well-Known Member

Yes, kudos for getting him signed!
    Can't overlook that the terrible strategy and even worse draft selection was a hole he dug himself though.
    At least he recognized that and took measures to fix those mistakes, while some other GMs might have stubbornly stayed on a failing course.
    So he deserves credit on this.

I think even a little credit to Woody here also, as much as i hate to say that.
    While some accused him of 'meddling', his presence and buy in may have made changing course an easier decision, while also selling Rodgers on the direction.

20. burf

burf Well-Known Member

I imagine lots of people have kept quiet about Zach, because of all the noise from the know-it-all bunch.
    But there've been lots of posts about Zach & AR, and Zach having a new CS.
    CC mentions it all the time. I've mentioned it a few times, although because I've been against the AR trade, for other reasons, I haven't been as vocal... until now.
    AR's chat today taught me things I hadn't known about him.
    If Zach has it in him, AR will be there to help him find it, along with an experienced CS, which he'll have for the first time in his life.

My biggest question, though, is still Saleh, & whether he has it in him to become a solid HC.
    So far, other than being good with the press, I've not been impressed with his ability to coach-up, discipline, or control his players, or his football instincts in-general.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.