Aaron Rodgers confirms he wants to play for the JETS!

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Brook!, Mar 13, 2023.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bicketybam

bicketybam Well-Known Member

My brother said he heard Boomer Esiason say the date was the 17th. Either way, I'd out money on the hold up being the contract/trade compensation and not Rodgers being a dick.

cval likes this.
  2. Jetsruby

Jetsruby Well-Known Member

Would be nice if they could just announce it before the 17th then. SMH. What's the friggin hold up on the announcement.

bicketybam likes this.
  3. bicketybam

I'm hoping the reason eventually comes out.

One thing I bet we don't hear is Aaron Rodgers declaring "I want to be traded to the New York Jets." I don't think he will even say he wants to be traded, period.

NOVAJET likes this.
  4. bicketybam

5. JetFanInPA

JetFanInPA Well-Known Member

bicketybam likes this.
  6. chandler

chandler Well-Known Member

i haven't been following the now 92 pages of posts, but seems the delay might be as much a matter of trying to get others in the package and dealing with as a package.

obviously because Aaron is involved he's a prime suspect prima donna (and he might be) but there could be other explanations that make sense.

7. burf

burf Well-Known Member

At this point, it seems obvious AR's gonna be here.
    I really didn't want AR, for various reasons.
    And the hoops the Jets seem to be jumping thru for AR, are kinda demeaning.

As it looks now, the team is done with the rebuild plan, & Woody's running football decisions, which usually leads to disaster.
    Add AR to the decision-making process, & some ugly cap ramifications in the near future... not a smart plan to build a consistent winner, which is what I wanted.

I realize most of y'all are all-in on AR, so let me be the first to give congrats on your wishes coming true.
    As for me, I'm patiently waiting to see what the Jets will be giving up, & all the cap-related consequences.
    I would've preferred sticking with the rebuild plan, & letting the team grow-up together, for once.

NY Jets68 likes this.
  8. dawinner127

dawinner127 Well-Known Member

Find this highly doubtful. Like they woke up today and didn't know they had to figure out how to get $60m under the cap. Maybe if they wanted to execute the trade today they needed to get under the cap by $60, but the 17th they can exercise his option. Sounds like a few keywords are missing out from whoever reported that (I think it was Garofalo).

9. dawinner127

10. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

If Woody Johnson has to eat a shit ton of money to get Rodgers here then he better do so. Cap hit doesn't change no matter what. And it means we send back less. The guy said he was opening his checkbook for a QB, now he has to actually do it.

ColoradoContrails likes this.
  11. ukjetsfan

ukjetsfan Well-Known Member

I think we have a new GM. He will run the team for a year, possibly two. Then JD can try and clean up the mess.

Since1969 likes this.
  12. BroadwayAaron

Obvious news but I really don't like it. This guy is physically done. Good dude and it will make Rodgers happy but if we try to make him our slot guy we are in for a rude awakening.

13. JetFanInNE

JetFanInNE Well-Known Member

Stop telling us to fucking relax!

14. BroadwayAaron

To elaborate on Cobb... a lot of people are speculating he's replacing Berrios/Smith but I'm taking this as a sign that Moore is headed to GB. That would not be great.

burf likes this.
  15. dawinner127

The world was ending on this board 23 hours ago because he wasn't signed and it wasn't done. People freaking out over a nothing burger and going batshit crazy over it.

23 hours later we are on the verge of signing Lazard which is also another indication of the deal being done for AR. So yeah, everyone should, how'd you say it, fucking relax. Jets fans are the most woe is me, oh my god, more egg on my face fan base in the league. It's pathetic. Your name isn't on the jersey. You aren't getting egg on your face. Who gives a fuck. Just chill and let it play out.

bicketybam and stinkyB like this.
  16. DCanadian

DCanadian Active Member

Lmaooooooooo. Randall Cobb! This is hilarious.
    Truly pathetic desperation by the NYJ.

This will predictably turn out badly, as it usual does for this sad sack franchise.

17. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

If the Jets are going to trade for Aaron Rodgers much better that the main compensation is Elijah Moore as opposed to draft picks. If they get Rodgers they are probably bringing in somebody Rodgers wants to throw too also and with Garrett Wilson already here there won't be enough balls to go around. We know how Moore reacts in that situation already.

Sec124DieHard likes this.
  18. Jetsruby

Jetsruby Well-Known Member

How is it a money and restructuring issue holding the deal up when the trade talks have been ongoing for over a week now. There have been dozens of massive restructures initiated and completed within the same day.

19. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

Agree, also the hold up is GB versus NY compensation package, not AR making up his mind blah, blah, blah rhetoric most are speculating on.
    My two cents. Its a bitter sweet two edge sword. Remember how many years we have been working on a rebuild plan, trading draft picks for QBs that never materialized, squandering cap resources like for a an over the hill Revis second time around, struggling to get talent in free agency, yet we never, ever had a situation where the team is jelling together with young superior talent now short the centerpiece, a QB .Time to strike while the infrastructure is still mostly intact, and build from that. if we overpay to do so, is for a known commodity, a piece that will make the whole offense far better, not on potential.

ColoradoContrails and NOVAJET like this.
  20. JetsNation06

JetsNation06 Well-Known Member

Cobb is obviously a throw in since he's one of Rodgers' good friends. Cobb had lost a step 5 years ago and now he's lost several. I wouldn't read anymore into it then that.

Pretty happy about Lazard. We need those big, 6'4, 6'5 first down/red zone targets and he fits the bill well.

LAJet and ColoradoContrails like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.