How do I buy gold?

Discussion in 'BS Forum' started by Jonathan_Vilma, Mar 11, 2023.

1. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

I have a couple scheckles laying around and since our economy is crashing before our eyes, I figured it’d be worth it to buy some gold so I can trade it for some deviled chicken legs when the apocalypse happens.

How do I buy it? Do I just go to APMEX.com and buy a brick? LMK.

2. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

3. The Waterboy

The Waterboy Well-Known Member

sdbullion.com is a few $ cheaper per 1 oz gold bar than jmbullion.com, they also have Gold Eagles, Kruggerands, etc

IDFjet likes this.
  4. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

If you want to buy emergency currency for the apocalypse you're probably better off buying canned beans, canned meats and Twinkies. Other prewrapped pastries will last as long but you don't want to be facing down Tallahassee with the wrong cakes in hand.

5. Dierking

Dierking Well-Known Member

I always have a case or two of “panic” scotch in the basement ever seen I watched Hotel Rwanda.

Cman68 and stinkyB like this.
  6. IDFjet

IDFjet Well-Known Member

If you really want to have currency for the black market, consider silver dimes and quarters. The markup is less than ingots and they will be easily exchangeable in these days. I prefer mercury dimes. Check out https://mbarrcoins.com/

They are 100% legit, I've bought many times--no tax in Wisconsin since they don't have a physical presence--don't know about jersey. Free shipping too. Prices are less than ebay auctions. Once in a while there's a wait of a couple weeks as they gain inventory.

If your looking for big lots, you can buy $1000 in face quarters and dimes from sdbullion at about 18.5x face which is good right now.

Jonathan_Vilma likes this.