Aaron Rodgers Watch - Clock Ticking

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by NYGalPal, Mar 7, 2023.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bicketybam

bicketybam Well-Known Member

Why do you think it's Rodgers and not GB trying to squeeze the Jets for the most amount of compensation possible?

2. Jets79

Jets79 Well-Known Member

Yah…not likely but definitely possible

I don’t know if the stalemate is JD waiting out GB for a better deal, or if Rodgers isn’t fully on board.

I do trust JD in a negotiation…look how much better it’s been as compared with idiots like Mac…no leaks, no getting fleeced, it’s just better. So I’m assuming this silent period is JD making GB sweat…but if this delay is more Rodgers and GB and JD have it worked out then it doesn’t bode well…

3. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

Every report coming out makes it seem like the compensation is taken care of both teams are waiting on Rodgers. Which should come as a surprise to no one.

ouchy and jets_fan like this.
  4. ouchy

ouchy Well-Known Member

The Rams were a team that kept losing in the NFCCC/SB before they signed Stafford.

The Jets are a team that got 7 wins against 5 backup QB's, 3 of which had a total of 1 combined start. Were improving buts its too soon. This whole "all in" push needs to be happening next season, not this season. But were doing it early because JD used our gold on Zach Wilson, refused to invest in a backup plan, and now that has everyone's job in trouble.

Br4d likes this.
  5. bicketybam

You trust these unsubstantiated reports? I think it's more like reporters throwing shit at the wall and seeing what sticks.

burf and ColoradoContrails like this.
  6. BroadwayAaron

You can either trust the multiple reports saying the same thing on top of the Packers owners echoing the sentiment… or you can just blindly call it all a big lie. Either way works I guess.

7. ouchy

ouchy Well-Known Member

I don't think Rodgers cares about the compensation. I just think he wishes he had a better option than us (which IMO is a bad sign). And I think he is loving this period of dominating the headlines.

Ralebird likes this.
  8. bicketybam

If you look at this team objectively, you would concede that the Jets beat those teams regardless of who was the QB. This is a good team regardless of how much that offends you

Nyjets4eva likes this.
  9. BroadwayAaron

Exactly what I think is happening as well.

ouchy likes this.
  10. bicketybam

I've seen plenty of reports that suggest it's the Packets and not Rodgers. But I guess we all go with what we want to believe

11. typeOnegative13NY

typeOnegative13NY Well-Known Member

I’m souring on this as the days go by. We’re all waiting for the savior to decide if he will come and save us or not. And if he comes here, and it doesn’t work out, it will be the biggest shit fest with this team and media that we’ve ever seen.

12. bicketybam

I don't think the Packers care about what Rogers thinks about the compensation, lol. I think it's about what they feel they should get, or at least try to get, from the Jets.

13. BroadwayAaron

Would love to read those reports if you have them.

14. bicketybam

They have been posted. I'm not doing your homework.

15. BroadwayAaron

Not anywhere in the last few days they haven’t. Not since the most consistent report of the trade being agreed to but both teams are waiting on Rodgers and then the Packers owner basically confirming it. I must be failing class because I can’t seem to find those reports. Do my homework for me.

Ralebird and jets_fan like this.
  16. ouchy

ouchy Well-Known Member

Why would you suggest I would be offended if we are good? We were 7-10. That's reality.

Saying we would have beat Miami even if Tua was starting is making crap up. We beat Thompson in his first ever NFL game and lost to him in his 3rd NFL game. Our line went to crap, our special teams went to crap, our running game went to crap. Only the defense stayed decent and as a unit they had the healthiest season our defense has seen in the last 10 years. Don't expect that to happen again - we need depth on defense badly, which will be another eventual stumbling block to going all in too early.

Ralebird, Br4d and jets_fan like this.
  17. JetFanInNE

JetFanInNE Well-Known Member

‍♂️‍♂️

Jets79 likes this.
  18. Jetsruby

Jetsruby Well-Known Member

There are way more reports that it's Rodgers.

jets_fan likes this.
  19. JetFanInNE

JetFanInNE Well-Known Member

And considering his history, I’m betting it’s him

jets_fan likes this.
  20. Snatch Catch

Snatch Catch Well-Known Member

I don't think Rodgers pause is at all an indictment of the Jets. For the past six months the national media opinion, and from interviews around the league, is that the Jets are one of the best up and coming teams in the NFL.

It's tough for us to believe it because 1) we're so damaged as fans, and 2) it's easy to find a viable path to failure if you're inclined to seek it out, but the reality is that, by and large, the general discourse on the Jets around the league has been optimistic and positive on the whole.

To me this is simply a wacky dude who has played his entire HOF career in one place - where he is revered - doing wacky dude stuff when he's been rejected. Aaron Rodgers is kind of a mess as a personality, and that's all this is to me. I don't think it has anything to do with the Jets, the league media and personnel has almost universally framed them as a team with some supreme young talent that is ready to compete and just a few pieces away from entering the higher-end discussions.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.