Aaron Rodgers Watch - Clock Ticking

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by NYGalPal, Mar 7, 2023.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bicketybam

bicketybam Well-Known Member

It was fake, lol

2. Brook!

Brook! Soft Admin...2018 Friendliest Member Award Winner

Really? How is it fake? Kill me now. So gullable

3. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

Dude. :)

4. bicketybam

Well for beginners it came from a fake Twitter account (Michael_Nania.) Then you have the speech not matching his lips. Lastly you have the outrageous shit he was saying including the recruiting trip he wanted that would have happened 4 months later

Snatch Catch and Brook! like this.
  5. Borat

Borat Well-Known Member

Would you rather wait for extra few days (still before free agency when nothing can be done anyway) and part with say a second rounder instead of #13 overall? I would. JD is a master in these types of situations. If the holdup is the actual deal, I want JD to take his time and get the best deal possible. It will not go beyond start of free agency, because GB also needs to plan ahead. However, if the hold up is Aaron ... it's out of JD's hands.

6. Borat

Borat Well-Known Member

Maybe I was a bit too harsh on the idiot thing, but to be fair, if after all this we don't land Aaron, we missed out on Carr, we didn't get much from Zach, whom he drafted 2nd overall, and we end up with Jimmy G, I would say JD would have failed at the most important position. But we are not there yet, so I agree calling him an idiot if we do not get Rodgers is premature, we have to see what we actually end up with before doing it. There is a pretty good chance he will look like an idiot, but with Jackson on the market, and Stafford possibly available, it's not yet a foregone conclusion until we know who the QB is.

On the genius thing though, I stand by this. From firing MILF, to getting Hack as OC after interviewing 20 candidates, who has strong connections Rodgers, to taking a big gamble by letting Carr (who said he was leaning towards Jets) go, to flying to California to convince him, to making a deal with GB, waiting Rodgers out... If it all translates into getting Rodgers here, and we don't give up arm and a leg, I would indeed classify this as a stroke of genius by JD.

7. Br4d

At this point the Packers *really* want out of Rodger's contract.

You can make a really strong argument that they should be sending a pick to the Jets to take the contract.

hornblower likes this.
  8. Snatch Catch

Snatch Catch Well-Known Member

Don't forget about the OP writing simply "LOL" on the post.

bicketybam likes this.
  9. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

I want them to settle period one way or the other. The perception is the Jets need Rodgers which they do. The other side of the coin is that GB has to get rid of that contract before the guaranteed cash kicks in for '23. In this case, JD is in the driver's seat so we could be looking at a Mexican standoff as to who blinks first. This cannot go on forever though. Stalemate isn't a good outcome for either franchise. That 11th hour had better get here quick. I wonder what GB's reaction would be IF the Jets said they would pull out if this doesn't get done before FA begins..

#929 Cman68, Mar 11, 2023
    Last edited: Mar 11, 2023
    Jets79 and IIMeanDeanII like this.
  10. Br4d

Stalemate isn't a good option but it is worse for the Packers than the Jets. The Packers have to put their rebuild on hold *and* pay the big bucks if nothing gets done.

The Jets overplayed their hand early on with the cross country trip with all the honchos but they can recover just fine if they just wait out the Packers.

Jets79, hornblower, NY Jets68 and 3 others like this.
  11. bicketybam

Sure. If the GM wants to be fired I agree

12. bicketybam

We will find out soon. Keep the faith, CMan!

Cman68 likes this.
  13. jets_fan

jets_fan Well-Known Member

He's not coming. In the end, no matter how much Douglas has upgraded this team, we're still the Jets, and that's probably still too much to overcome. Much more realistically, we'll be seeing Zach Wilson starting in meaningful games in December after Jimmy G and Mike White both get injured for the umpteenth millionth time apiece.

Jets-N-Terps likes this.
  14. bicketybam

Is your real name packers_fan?

hornblower likes this.
  15. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

I don’t think this will be the case but the fact that it’s absolutely plausible is scary enough.

16. Jets-N-Terps

Jets-N-Terps Well-Known Member

I hate that deep down I agree.

17. bicketybam

18. NY Jets68

NY Jets68 Well-Known Member

If Douglas pulls this off he'll be Super GM, SOJ slayer.

19. ouchy

ouchy Well-Known Member

I think both teams want to get this done and its Rodgers holding things up, which is stalling both teams offseason plans.

The Pack have been freeing up cap space so if push comes to shove they could make one more all in SB push with Rodgers. There is also the potential for an early season trade to a SB contender who loses their QB, like SF, Balt, or someone like that.

But I think we will end up with Rodgers and I'm interested to see what the deal is. I also suspect there will be a lot of player swaps between the two teams if a trade happens.

#939 ouchy, Mar 11, 2023
    Last edited: Mar 11, 2023
    Since1969 likes this.
  20. bicketybam

I heard the Rams organization threw their VLT down the garbage chute because they didn't draft and develop Stafford.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.