Aaron Rodgers Watch - Clock Ticking

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by NYGalPal, Mar 7, 2023.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GQMartin

GQMartin Go 'Cuse

AR did his homework on the Jets. They need OL help.

I always thought Bakthiari would be in the deal.

2. dawinner127

dawinner127 Well-Known Member

I have no idea what it would even take if Bakthiari was thrown in the deal. I'm a firm believer of it being a 2 or 3 this year with a conditional pick in '24.

KY Jets Fan and rammagen like this.
  3. rammagen

rammagen Well-Known Member

if it is between Carr and Rodgers you go with Rodgers. The question is money, Carr signed with the saints for 160 million 25 million a yr plus a 60 million dollar signing bonus. That is nuts for him.
    Rodgers is owed close to 60 million for 2 yrs. Woody should split the difference with the the packers. why because if Rodgers retires that is 40 million dollars in a cap hit this year. So in essence both teams should be motivated to make a trade happen at a reasonable cost.
    Now cap hits if he is traded
    https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nf...-traded-isn-t-as-bad-as-you-think/ar-AA18r8f5

Either way I would expect March 15 to be the day why....the start of the new year in the NFL
    I would say a 3rd conditional on if they make the playoffs and based on performance.

4. CaptainCap

CaptainCap Well-Known Member

I suspect the Rodgers deal should be done in a few days. Next week free agency starts and these teams need to know where they stand personal wise to make roster moves.

5. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

I'd want it to be a conditional pick next year. We have no idea what's going on in AR's head and I wouldn't want to give up anything that could not be recaptured easily if he decided to retire before the season.

6. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

Has there been any examples of a trade that went through successfully after a week long courtship like this?

7. KY Jets Fan

KY Jets Fan Moderator

Didn't we court Favre for like 3 weeks before the trade went through?

I would hope that this whole situation is resolved one way or the other before Monday. I can't imagine the Jets or the Packers would want this thing to drag into the start of FA. Both sides need to know what's on their books for 2023 before handing out any FA contracts. Seems like Rodgers gets that based off of comments he's made over the last few weeks but this is a tough decision, so I get why he's taking his time. I just hope that time is almost at it's end.

8. BrowningNagle

They gotta give Rodgers and the Packers a deadline here, both are in no hurry to make a decision

Since1969 and KY Jets Fan like this.
  9. Jets-N-Terps

Jets-N-Terps Well-Known Member

The longer this drags on, the less likely it is to happen.
    A fast no is ALWAYS better long maybe.

Cman68 likes this.
  10. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

The Packers always have the option of trading Rodgers for future conditional pick(s) wherever they want to send him. He could retire in response with the implicit threat of unretiring before camp and screwing up the cap but his rights are assigned at the time of the trade and the cap problem would be on the acquiring team. This is why you trade him for conditional picks in 2024 or later. The acquiring team will have no reason to void the trade when he retires and it will be their headache.

11. PulseJet

PulseJet Well-Known Member

If he chooses retirement, how long would he need to be “retired” before signing with some other team under no restrictions? One season?

12. KY Jets Fan

KY Jets Fan Moderator

I think the Packers want to know just like the Jets. They may not be in quite as big of a hurry as we are but they definitely want to know his status ASAP.

Jets79 likes this.
  13. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

This shit is REALLY dragging out. I wonder if Woody & Co. are having second thoughts about all of this nonsense. Probably not since they've bet the farm on getting Rodgers but the legitimate question remains how long do we wait for a decision? Why do I get the feeling Rodgers already knows what he's gonna do? Is all of this drama really necessary??

#733 Cman68, Mar 10, 2023
    Last edited: Mar 10, 2023
    Since1969 likes this.
  14. NYJalltheway

NYJalltheway Well-Known Member

Because he wants the attention.
    He's a diva, but he's worth it.

Sent from my SM-F926U using Tapatalk

15. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

Miami has always been mentioned as a destination for Rodgers...

16. BrowningNagle

Or Brady?

Can you imagine an AFC East with Josh Allen, Tom Brady, Aaron Rodgers .... and Mac Jones

Acad23 likes this.
  17. vokab206

vokab206 Well-Known Member

With the tampering period starting Monday, Miami would have to be talking to him today if they were interested. I'd assume we have a deadline in place of Sunday or so for him to decide before we start looking at other options.

18. dawinner127

dawinner127 Well-Known Member

Or Miami needed to get under the cap b/c they only have 43 guys signed to their roster and need to pay their rookies. That Dov guy sucks. All he does it steal other peoples works and twists words to create narratives and clicks.

JetFanInNE likes this.
  19. Brook!

Brook! Soft Admin...2018 Friendliest Member Award Winner

Look BN

I am talking as a poster not as a moderator. For the past few days, my excitement level as a Jets fan is as high as it can ben. I check ESPN and Twitter whenever I can and I also check this thread to see if there is any news I missed.

When I come to this thread I see back and forth about stuff that shouldn't be part of this thread. Am I clear?

bicketybam likes this.
  20. Brook!

Brook! Soft Admin...2018 Friendliest Member Award Winner

I will now do a cleaning and move posts to Thread Dumpster. Till than locking the thread.

FinnishJET and bicketybam like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.