Aaron Rodgers Watch - Clock Ticking

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by NYGalPal, Mar 7, 2023.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BleedJetsGreen1981

BleedJetsGreen1981 Well-Known Member

Carr= is a field goal late in the fourth quarter.

Rodgers=is going for it on 4th and 2 to win the game.

Jets brass is going for it. Go Jets.

2. Poeman

Poeman Well-Known Member

Jets fans every 15 minutes
    [​IMG]

3. sozopol

sozopol Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

BleedJetsGreen1981 likes this.
  4. JetFanInNE

JetFanInNE Well-Known Member

[​IMG]
    *I scrolled right past the one of him pissing on the Jets logo*

BleedJetsGreen1981 and sozopol like this.
  5. Borat

Borat Well-Known Member

I just don't know if Carr is anything more than a stop gap too. Don't take me wrong, I like Carr, but he is not exactly Mahomes, Burrow, Allen. These guys are not available - you have to draft guys like that to compete every year. That was the idea when we drafted Zach. It didn't exactly work as planned, but there is a chance to compete for SB for two years and then take another crack (or even take a crack during these two years). We still have to find a way to draft a really good QB for long term success. But until then we can actually compete for SB finally, even if it is only for two years. And this is very exciting - at least to me.

6. Jets-N-Terps

Jets-N-Terps Well-Known Member

I'll take the guy who could throw the pigskin a quarter mile back in '82.

ouchy likes this.
  7. NY Jets68

NY Jets68 Well-Known Member

Leave it to woody to go cheapskate in the 11th hour.

#667 NY Jets68, Mar 9, 2023
    Last edited: Mar 9, 2023
  8. IIMeanDeanII

IIMeanDeanII Well-Known Member

I was leaning more towards Carr because he Is younger, productive, and didn't cost draft picks. He also signed a very reasonable deal with the Saints. Which would've been nice.

Stability would be nice. Always being In a state of flux Is exhausting to me as a fan. I've seen this story before. Almost literally actually with, Favre.

I want sustained success, especially, along with consistency at QB.

We don't achieve that with Rodgers. For sure.

So, I definitely want that to happen. For the foreseeable future. I don't care how that works out to be, just as long as It does.

9. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

The longer this goes on the closer we get to the Apocolypse. No one knows what's going to happen tomorrow, let alone what's going to happen if and when Rodgers signs here. If the Jets had signed Carr there's no guarantee that he wouldn't suffer a major injury, or that once he showed up and was exposed to all the "sunshine" of Jets fans and media that he wouldn't fold like a cheap sui like so many other good players have done.

You're really working hard for the "Gloom & Doom Award", although you're going to have fight Br4d hard for it.

Jets79, bicketybam and NOVAJET like this.
  10. ColoradoContrails

Manning had already suffered a serious neck injury, Rodgers has nothing like that.

NOVAJET and Borat like this.
  11. Wut?

Wut? Well-Known Member

How does this deal work?

One team is desperate the other team has no other team to choose from.

Jets69 likes this.
  12. GREG

GREG Well-Known Member

It's up to Rodgers. He could go to the Jets, or back with the Packers(doubtful), or retire.

13. SOXXX2

SOXXX2 Well-Known Member

That and the Jets have the second longest playoff drought in all of sports.

Jets are Super Bowl contenders with Rodgers, and IMO would have the best team in this division. Ultimately it would just come down to whether or not Rodgers and the Jets perform in the postseason. Ive always been super-critical of Rodgers in the playoffs. Hes probably the worst playoff QB of elite status in history. Peyton Manning didnt even flame out as much as Rodgers has in the playoffs over and over, yet Peyton took so much slack for it, not much for Rodgers though.

However if he ever came to this team and won a title, it would completely rewrite his playoff legacy. In a way, he sort of owes the Jets a Super Bowl considering his lone Super Bowl was only won because of the Jets knocking out New England that year. I have little doubt to this day that New England was going to win it all if the Jets hadn't beat them. Steelers certainly wouldn't have and I think Green Bay would have folded against them as well.

14. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

I love this place because in the span of a few months you could be called a homer wearing jets goggles and also a dark sider. It’s almost as if you can have differing opinions on different aspects of the team. I am extremely optimistic overall, with everything involving the quarterback situation I’m not.

15. ColoradoContrails

But you have to admit you're making "darsiders" look like Pollyannas when if comes to Rodgers.:D

At least if we don't get Rodgers you and the others can say "I told you so!", that's something.

bicketybam likes this.
  16. BroadwayAaron

Don’t get me wrong, I want Rodgers on the team. I would’ve much preferred Derek Carr and I think having Aaron Rodgers makes us a good team but we aren’t winning a Super Bowl. I hate the person and I’m not looking forward to the antics in the carnival at this time next year. But I’m well aware that as currently constructed we are much better off having him than not having him.

JetFanInNE and ColoradoContrails like this.
  17. ColoradoContrails

Did Lawrence Taylor's "antics" cost the Giants, or how about Joe Willie's? I think you're overly alarmed about Rodgers creating drama. If you listen to that video interview with Aubrey Marcus that was posted after his "dark retreat" you might see a guy who's got his shit together, even if his shit doesn't always smell nice to the media and some fans. His teammates have mostly always loved him.

Borat and BleedJetsGreen1981 like this.
  18. BroadwayAaron

I don’t have any worries about him when he’s got that helmet on. I’m talking about everything he’s pulling now. You can expect a repeat of it next season. Holding everyone hostage, making very vague statements, publicly talking about his future, all the while we have no actual option to play quarterback if he bails.

Ralebird likes this.
  19. ColoradoContrails

I prefer to deal with it one year (actually one day) at a time. If he has success here, why would he threaten to retire next year and give up what's left of a huge bag? If he doesn't do wee or gets hurt badly, why wouldn't he - or anyone - consider retiring? And I seriously doubt JD is just going to sit on his hands and not prepare for the possibility he only plays one year. Who knows, maybe Zach shocks everyone is ready step up after next year. I know you and most others don't believe that, but you've go no real proof that couldn't happen beyond your unshakeable opinion.

Borat likes this.
  20. BleedJetsGreen1981

BleedJetsGreen1981 Well-Known Member

One minute Woody's willing to pony up a small fortune to get a stud QB now he's cutting coupons. Enough. Pay the man get it done.

NY Jets68 and KY Jets Fan like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.