Aaron Rodgers Watch - Clock Ticking

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by NYGalPal, Mar 7, 2023.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JetFanInNE

JetFanInNE Well-Known Member

The fact that we’ve been sitting here waiting all this time is because he’s not committed to playing in 23. If he’s not committed to playing in 23, how committed do you think he’ll be to playing in 24?

2. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

I believe your impression to be 100% correct. It’s the media that embellishes every morsel of information or misinformation and makes things look a lot more “news worthy” for the Jets fan base. They know little as to the level of interest from AR. No more than we do. I’m of the opinion the leaderships trip simply engaged to get AR level of interest, and has not gone much farther than that.

HomeoftheJets and Since1969 like this.
  3. SOJAZ

SOJAZ Well-Known Member

Sent @ArronRogers12 a tweet this AM... and I am not a tweeter. LOL. Told him that 1) I am a NYJ fan for 56 years, 2) Saw one #12 bring a SB , 3) we want him and 4) that he is my best shiot at seeing another SB win before I punch out.... may not make a difference but what the hell.

4. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

To be fair I don’t think the media floated any of this, I think the fans ran with it more than anyone.

LAJet and KY Jets Fan like this.
  5. stinkyB

stinkyB 2009 Best Avatar Award Winner

"All this time"?
    Dude, you gotta calm down....

NOVAJET likes this.
  6. AG3

AG3 Well-Known Member

Berrios being released.

Another $5 mil cap space opens up.

7. JetFanInNE

No I really don’t. This has gone on too long already. It’s time for Rodgers to be a big boy and make a f*cking decision already.

Since1969 likes this.
  8. stinkyB

LOL.... as I've said before, it's not in his hands. He's NOT a free agent. Do you know what kind of trade compensation the Packers are demanding?

9. JetFanInNE

It is in his hands. The guy doesn’t know if he wants to play or not. Wouldn’t you think that’s a big part of the equation?

Since1969 and IIMeanDeanII like this.
  10. stinkyB

Did you read that in a "tweet"?

11. bicketybam

bicketybam Well-Known Member

How about the notion that Rodgers is bad in the playoffs? 45 TD vs 13 INT's. 64.7 completion percentage. 100.1 passer rating. 1 4QC and 2 GWD. Yeah, he sucks.

Don't let it get to you. Some guys just get off on being negative to piss people off. Those same people would be shitting on ANY move the Jets make at QB.

12. IIMeanDeanII

IIMeanDeanII Well-Known Member

At this point. It's definitely on Rodgers.

The Packers wouldn't grant access to Rodgers If the ground work on a trade wasn't already established. Doesn't make sense otherwise.

KY Jets Fan likes this.
  13. bicketybam

bicketybam Well-Known Member

How can there be a trade in place when the Jets have no idea on how much longer he plans on playing? The compensation would be different based on how many years he wants to play, no?

Since1969 and stinkyB like this.
  14. stinkyB

All conjecture. Right now there's probably 3 people that know what's going on: JD, the GM of Green Bay, and Aaron Rodgers ;)

KY Jets Fan and mrjet80 like this.
  15. IIMeanDeanII

IIMeanDeanII Well-Known Member

.. because this Is typically the process for meeting conditions when It comes to speaking with other teams players.

It doesn't mean It will automatically go through but the ground work Is typically already done for a potential trade before something like this happens.

16. NOVAJET

NOVAJET "2020 TGG Fantasy Football Champ"

Lot of Jets moves today, something imminent?

bicketybam likes this.
  17. NJJets

NJJets Well-Known Member

The much bigger problem is we don’t have a long term QB. Rodgers buys us 2 years to target and draft a potential future franchise QB. What would have been a HUGE problem is tying a lot of money into a mediocre QB out of desperation.

Whether you like Rodgers or not, you should be proud of your team for identifying exactly what they wanted and going to get it. Plan B is just a formal way to say you don’t have a Plab A you believe in. Signing Carr would have been the Jets jumping ship on their actual goal out of fear. That’s the pussy way to deal in business and life quite frankly. They want Rodgers. That’s obvious. Whether that’s the right decision or not, we’ll see in a couple years (assuming the deal is finalized). But Rodgers is who they wanted, and they didn’t let the fears of Plan B get in the way. For that at least I’m proud of our FO.

18. mrjet80

mrjet80 Well-Known Member

There should be a viable potential starter for 2023 at OT at #15….

LAJet and KY Jets Fan like this.
  19. GQMartin

GQMartin Go 'Cuse

We have to clear cap space for a QB no matter who it is.

Acad23, JetFanInNE and Snatch Catch like this.
  20. Snatch Catch

Snatch Catch Well-Known Member

The reason so much of this doesn't make sense to us is because we don't have all the information, full stop.

If we knew what Gutekunst, Douglas, Woody, Rodgers, or anyone else in the thick of this situation knew, their actions would be much more clear.

Because they're keeping things so tight, and often being intentionally obtuse ("Rodgers hasn't informed anyone about anything" type nonsense), it leaves us to make f*cked up, but erroneous conclusions.

Basically right now, we as fans/followers of this situation are a computer being fed incomplete, and often inaccurate data, running it through our normal calculations/formulas, and churning out some f*cked up results as a result.

Personally, I'm looking almost exclusively at factual actions. Packers GM cites excitement about backup QB in a press conference, Packers grant Jets permissions to speak with their under-contract starting QB, Jets fly delegation cross country to meet him, Jets return and subsequently start cutting/restructuring to create additional cap space.

I don't know what's going to happen, but a lot (most?) of the fan frustration/confusion/angst is because we don't know even close to all the facts/truth about the real meat and potatoes of this situation.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.