Aaron Rodgers Watch - Clock Ticking

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by NYGalPal, Mar 7, 2023.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

If the Jets trade for him, I have no doubt he'll stay for 2. He doesn't even need to win a championship to make up for Favre, he just needs to stay 2 seasons and make the playoffs. That's how pathetic this team has been.

KY Jets Fan likes this.
  2. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

I thought this quote from Lazard a couple of weeks ago was interesting.

https://www.nfl.com/_amp/free-agent...bougie-in-picking-next-team-after-being-spoil

JetsNation06 likes this.
  3. burf

burf Well-Known Member

Interesting...

According to flightaware, the flight took off & landed in LA... so, if it was AR with the Jets brass,
    they're dining in LA, & the flight is scheduled to leave LA around 11p (PST), headed to Westchester.
    Unless AR is staying in LA, or taking a different flight to his home, he may be heading to the NY area.
    Anyone know if Woody lives in Westchester?

Anybody live near Westchester County Airport?
    Ya may want to head there to see if AR is on the plane... scheduled to land 6:26am.
    I suspect they'll land at the NetJets FBO.
    Then you can beat the beat reporters to the scoop ;)

You can track the return flight here ----> https://flightaware.com/live/flight/EJA788/history/20230308/0650Z/KLAX/KHPN

azhar80 and Borat like this.
  4. BleedJetsGreen1981

BleedJetsGreen1981 Well-Known Member

I don't want Cobb either, but, if it's a deal breaker then Cobb it is.

JetsNation06 likes this.
  5. BleedJetsGreen1981

BleedJetsGreen1981 Well-Known Member

I don't think Woody mandated this trade. I think Douglas has been crafting this thing since last season. Woody of course is as delirious as most of us at the prospect of landing a future hall of famer. But, my take is that this whole transaction has Douglas's fingerprints all over it from the get go.

Nyjets4eva, Borat, NOVAJET and 3 others like this.
  6. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

Be prepared to be shocked. I could be wrong, but based on what Douglas and Saleh have said all along is they still believe in Zach and want him to become the player they envisioned when they drafted him. Yes. GMs and coaches lie, but until Zach is shipped out or cut, I have to believe what they've said.

And going after Rodgers actually reinforces the belief that they want to resurrect Zach. Rodgers is Zach's idol, and Zach would presumably have no problem being his understudy, even if Aaron doesn't take an active role in mentoring him - simply sitting on the sidelines and being in meetings and film study will be of immense help to Zach. And given that it's likely that Rodgers won't play for more than 2 years, by then Zach should be ready to step in and fill his shoes. Having Rodgers allows JD to possibly be proven right about Zach...worst case is Zach becomes a bust which most fans assume he is anyway so there's really nothing to lose there and lot to gain. Finally, I think they'll get rid of White and make Zach QB#2 and possibly draft a project QB this year or next depending on how the board falls.

Beyond the Zach aspect, having Rodgers as the QB takes a huge load off the OC as Aaron will likely call a lot of his own plays, and certainly will in crunch time. This experience was something sorely lacking with MLF. I expect we'll see an offense like we haven't seen in a decade and half at least.

KY Jets Fan, Cman68, Brook! and 3 others like this.
  7. Wut?

Wut? Well-Known Member

Listen, they aren’t getting Rodger because they believe in Zach so much, the owner wants Rodgers so he can get into the playoffs and as a side benefit maybe the light will turn on for Zach.
    I doubt Rodgers is going to teach him anything, let’s hope something can click, I doubt it but crazier things have happened.

stinkyB, HomeoftheJets and azhar80 like this.
  8. rockyusmc2003

rockyusmc2003 Well-Known Member

I sure hope he means Creed 3.

[​IMG]

stinkyB likes this.
  9. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

I never said that they were getting Rodgers because they believe in Zach so much, as in Zach was the primary reason. Of course they wanted Rodgers because he gives them the best chance to win now...I've said that in other posts. The Zach aspect I mentioned was along the lines of providing additional reason for them trading for AR, and why they preferred that to signing Carr.

Wut? likes this.
  10. Borat

Borat Well-Known Member

You are saying Woody, JD, and Co flew out to Cali, picked up Aaron and brought him home with them? I like!!!

Nyjets4eva and azhar80 like this.
  11. bicketybam

bicketybam Well-Known Member

I doubt that is the case. My guess is they put Arod in a limo and send him home. Why would he fly back to NY and arrive at 6:30 am?

12. NOVAJET

NOVAJET "2020 TGG Fantasy Football Champ"

Does he live in LA? No idea, just asking..

13. Borat

Borat Well-Known Member

I mean he is on a private jet going there, it's not a crazy idea to check out the facilities of his new team and meet the rest of the staff before he fully commits for next two years.

burf likes this.
  14. NOVAJET

Doesn't his GF live in NY? Maybe just catching a lift.

ouchy likes this.
  15. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

You are now asking for a lot on this board.

KingRoach likes this.
  16. Jetsruby

Jetsruby Well-Known Member

I know someone tweeted they don't expect a deal tonight but why am I sitting here and Aaron Rodgers news hasn't broken. Inexcusable.

17. burf

burf Well-Known Member

My amateur sleuth skills at work.
    Of course, if it was AR that flew with them to LA, he could just as easily have told them 'thanks for the lift,' & headed to a lightness retreat.
    But if there is anything concrete happening, it would make sense for him to come here, & tour the facilities.

At least we should finally know something soon. The Jets really can't wait much longer, with FA starting soon.

18. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

The most exciting time of the year for Jets fans.

[​IMG]

19. NOVAJET

The thriller video always drove me nuts because of that scene, can't stand people chewing with their mouth open lolo_O

cmcm750203 likes this.
  20. Borat

Borat Well-Known Member

Maybe he is moving in with her.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.