Aaron Rodgers Watch - Clock Ticking

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by NYGalPal, Mar 7, 2023.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. vokab206

vokab206 Well-Known Member

I wonder how long he's going to take to think about it after the meeting. Need a time frame and a few fall back options if he retires. I think the deal would be if he agrees to two seasons that GB would receive more compensation. If Aaron agrees to just one season and takes it year by year, it will probably be less. Hell, if it's even one season, it's worth a shot.

2. Brook!

Brook! Soft Admin...2018 Friendliest Member Award Winner

You are good. I received a PM in your favor. Did he call you an insulting name where I don't want to repeat here? If so, I will ban him for it. Can't find the link though. Send me a link where he is insulting you if you can find it.

3. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

Total nonsense. Hackett offense is what we will run, which is right up AR alley with more running and short outlet passes to open up the long ball. AR can run that in his sleep. As for our WR corps, and TEs, they will be in heaven getting the ball exactly where it’s expected for a change. Training camp will be a must see.

4. NY Jets68

NY Jets68 Well-Known Member

It's only acceptable if Rodgers guarantees a win before he plays in the SB for the Jets...and wins it.

5. bicketybam

bicketybam Well-Known Member

Vegas believes!

[​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG]

6. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

Please, please let it be. If JD is able to pull this off, and support Woody’s meddling while negotiating a reasonable package, it will be yet another major star on his great career so far. Some folks here can beat on him all day because he missed on Zach “ so far” or OL depth even though he had a myriad of injuries, and kept plugging in reinforcements, as if any other good GM would have done better for this dysfunctional organization. Some seem to think to wave the magic wand and all selections are good. Not worth arguing. But to call him incompetent simply points out how fucking little fans know about the complexity of being a GM. Enough said.
    Let’s get this show on the road and start talking playoffs if he signs. If he doesn’t next chapter is about to begin.

7. Sec124DieHard

Sec124DieHard Well-Known Member

this is the most assinine thing ive ever seen. First off woody would be forced to sell immediately if that ever came to light. Second, the cash doesn’t help the packers. Woody can send them $2 billion, they cant use that to field a roster above the salary cap restraints.

JetsNation06 and RevisIsland18 like this.
  8. JetFanInNE

JetFanInNE Well-Known Member

It’s cool, I’m not wishing to pursue it any further. I just put him on ignore, it’s the last time I’ll interact with him on this board.

Acad23, RevisIsland18 and Brook! like this.
  9. Brook!

Verified it thru him. He was nice enough to admit he crossed the line. He will be banned 1 week regardless. Personal attacks aren't allowed on Jets forum. But thanks for understanding me. Very nice of you.

10. JetFanInNE

JetFanInNE Well-Known Member

If he’s banned I probably should be as well for a personal attack on him. I’m not innocent in this area either and accept my punishment like an adult.

11. Brook!

Okay. If that's what happened, neither of you will be banned in that case. Will call it a wash. Don't want to ban anybody at the cusp of Rodgers news. :)

12. RevisIsland18

RevisIsland18 Well-Known Member

Alright let’s get back to this - what are they getting for dinner tonight?!!

BrowningNagle likes this.
  13. cmcm750203

cmcm750203 Well-Known Member

This goddamn drama queen is gonna drag this out for a week now. Make up your mind already.

IIMeanDeanII likes this.
  14. Brook!

Jets beat writers are super quiet past 3 hours. Honestly, the national media guys always gets the Jets scoop before these Jets beat writers. I get it they have the advantage of having big names and being close to Team Execs and agents but still. Jet beat writers just feed off of these national guys once a Jets news breaks.

15. NJJets

NJJets Well-Known Member

What makes him a drama queen?

16. cmcm750203

Is this a serious question?

HomeoftheJets likes this.
  17. cmcm750203

The guy who announced to the world that he’s going on a 4 day retreat in the dark to make up his mind about playing? The guy who wanted to retire to host jeopardy? The I’m retiring no I’m not every year now. Great player, I’ll take him in a second. Total drama whore.

18. bleedgreen

bleedgreen Well-Known Member

if it happens, why should it happen soon? very complicated set of 3 way negotiations. Rodgers and GB. Rodgers and jets. jets and GB. gonna take quite a while

KY Jets Fan likes this.
  19. Bellys Lies

Bellys Lies Well-Known Member

Rodgers is by no means the perfect choice for qb, however he is probably the best qb we can get anywhere for the next 2 yrs. Just random thoughts has a 40 yr old qb ever been paid 45 million ? Has a 40 yr old qb ever been traded for 1 if not 2 first rd picks? The guy has been healthy and he is going to love fxing with the New York Media I do have concerns about how Saleh is going to be able to handle it. A big game decision on offense and who makes the call ?

20. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

Oh yeah... this is gonna be fun. :p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.