NOT Hopping Back on Jets Season Tickets if we sign Rodgers or Carr

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Brook!, Feb 3, 2023.

1. Brook!

Brook! Soft Admin...2018 Friendliest Member Award Winner

My good friend @GreenFan15J decided not to renew his tickets but I am hoping a good QB will change his opinion. We have a young and above average defense. We have very decent skill players on the offensive side of the ball. A good QB will also hide some of the Offensive Line issues. Last season was extremely fun and I firmly believe next season will be fun as well. Worst case, tailgate will be great.

Wanted to give you guys a chance to use me as a punching bag on this quiet Friday and tell me what an idiot I am. I can take it. Start!!! :)

2. JETSJETSJETS17

JETSJETSJETS17 Well-Known Member

When MetLife opened, my buddy and I split season tickets in the upper deck sideline for a few years. I believe back then the tickets were like $95 per seat.

We gave them up, not because we didn't want to go, but we were able to get much better seats on StubHub for way less money.

This year we sat lower bowl almost every home game, most of the time no more than 20 rows off the field (mostly corner end zone) and never spent over $90 a seat. We basically waited until an hour or less before kickoff and from the parking lot we would buy the tickets on the app. Now let me say sometimes it was a challenge thanks for the shit service in the lots.

The only exception was the Patriots game. We paid a premium for a terrible product that day.

I understand this only works when the team sucks. Next year, and especially if we get ARod, the place will turn into MSG.

barfolomew likes this.
  3. dawinner127

dawinner127 Well-Known Member

So not worth it man. Just go to a few games a year with terrific seats for the price you pay for the entire season. God forbid they are out of it by Christmas and it's 10 degrees outside vs the Texans (i don't actually know if we even play them next year), why would you want to go?

barfolomew likes this.
  4. stinkyB

stinkyB 2009 Best Avatar Award Winner

The "Battle" for #1 overall pick is hard to pass up...

5. FinnishJET

FinnishJET 2023 TGG Double FF Champion

I'm with you, Brook!, not in the same capacity though, obviously :D
    What I have decided is, that if we get Rodgers next season, I will shell out as much money as it's necessary to see a game at MetLife next fall in person.

...but not for Carr :D Don't get me wrong though, I don't mind Carr being our QB next season, but he doesn't excite me that much..

barfolomew and Brook! like this.
  6. GreenFan15J

GreenFan15J Well-Known Member

Thank you Brook and TGG.

The sea calls me back.

But if AR grabs the tiller...

barfolomew and Brook! like this.
  7. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

The thought of driving 3hrs to see Jacoby Brissett play QB for the Jets leaves me empty. I really don't care anymore if Rodgers plays or not. I'll be pissed if we miss out on Carr waiting on Rodgers. Time for the Diva to come clean as to his plans. No need for all this cloak and dagger bullshit.

barfolomew likes this.
  8. Jets1035

Jets1035 Active Member

They always seem to pull you in with a splash or good draft, and by week 4 it already looks like we are lost.
    This will be my last year if they don’t improve. It’s not fun investing my money and heart into a team that perpetually loses, and goes in the rebuild year after year. In the end with WJ owning the team it seems like we are destined to loose like Cleveland, Detroit, and a few of the other bottom feeder teams like ourselves.
    I think JD is a good GM and should stick around, especially with WJ’s track record on hiring people to run this team. Not sure about the CS. As for getting a vet QB. This could be another rerun of Neil O’Donnell from the 90’s my guess is nobody from those top tier are going to pick this as a landing spot, and we will get a lower level vet/journeyman QB and ZW for next season.
    Save your money and buy from the secondary market. It’s a much better investment for money and enjoyment. You also won’t be stuck going to those hopeless games in December just to cheer for establishment change

Cman68 likes this.
  9. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

Optimism with the Jets is like a weedy garden: by the end of the season all the weeds are pulled and the garden looks erased of them. But then give them a few weeks and here they come, poking their little heads out of the ground.:p

It might be worth it if you ever got to harvest anything, but our shelves remain bare.

jixxjr, barfolomew and Jets1035 like this.
  10. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 2018 Funniest Member Award Winner

Woody Johnson will happily kick you in the balls 100 more times.

stinkyB and barfolomew like this.
  11. ConcordeChops

ConcordeChops 2018 International Poster Award Winner

I’ve preemptively bought my Andy Dalton kelly green jersey

stinkyB, barfolomew and KWJetsFan like this.
  12. KWJetsFan

KWJetsFan Well-Known Member

Don't you put that evil on me Concorde!!!!

stinkyB likes this.
  13. Brook!

Shall I pull the plug now? I fully expect Jets tickets be the hottest ticket in town once we sign Rodgers. Shall I wait a day or two and lose good seats or pull the trigger now and be stuck with worthless tickets in case Rodgers doesn't sign?

14. NOVAJET

NOVAJET "2020 TGG Fantasy Football Champ"

Do it!

15. Brook!

@GreenFan15J - What are we doing my friend? :)

16. RevisIsland18

RevisIsland18 Well-Known Member

Do it!!! If they get rodgers, I’ll be at season opener and first drinks are on me!

17. GREG

GREG Well-Known Member

If they get Rodgers, then I would say one of the Jets-Bills games is a lock for primetime. The league would love to have Rodgers vs Allen on primetime. They did last year with GB at BUF on SNF. The other game between them would probably be the national game on Sunday afternoon with Nantz and Romo on the call.

18. Brook!

We have too many sexy home games this year and Rodgers will make those a good candidate for Sunday Night Football. At home against Chiefs, Eagles, Chargers, Bills. All marquee games. That is what I hate though. Night games is what I hate the most.

19. GREG

GREG Well-Known Member

Get used to the primetime games. The Jets are trending up. If Rodgers comes here that will only add to the hype. Big market NYC area team with Rodgers. At minimum I would expect at least 3. If they are having a good season, then I could see them being flexed into another one.

20. LogeSection2RowJ

LogeSection2RowJ Well-Known Member

...and based on these comments it's obvious why our owner is driving the Rodgers bus.

stinkyB likes this.